New TM induction and TC objection

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
vcpeuropa
First name: charles
Surname: patrick
Company: vcp europa ltd
Phone: 07919162288
E: [email protected]

New TM induction and TC objection

Post by vcpeuropa »

Hi all
I need some serious help on this topic. I am a new TM applied to be included on to an O licence. The operator has 3 vehicle in the fleet so I allocated 4 hrs towards my hourly commitment. Now they have comeback mentioning the hours declared are not sufficient. They have advised I should confirm my hourly commitment based on the authority and not the vehicle in the fleet and the same should be in line with annex 1 in the Statutory Document 3.
Now I have send them a fresh letter allocating 5 hrs per week mentioning my work commitments to include Drivers Hours and working time management, Drivers daily checks and Defect Reports, Keeping Records, Driving Licences and Qualifications Administration, Vehicles details on the O licence, Vehicles Documents, Maintenance, Auditing and reviewing etc.
Is it sufficient or should I further explain anything ??
Thanks in advance
Davestt

Re: New TM induction and TC objection

Post by Davestt »

even though only 3 trucks what is the margin on the licence.
Reakailc

Post by Reakailc »

Include your travel time to site in your workings
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

Why did you not consult with a knowing TM. You are bringing yourself a lot of trouble as it shows you have not done your due diligence?
Admin
Site Admin
First name: Dmitry
Surname: Nade
Company: TransportForum.com
Phone: +447833684449
WhatsApp: +447833684449
E: [email protected]
A: If you need a transport manager or an operator's licence anywhere in the UK, contact me 7 days a week

Post by Admin »

Transport managers are required to allocate the number of hours per week based on the total number of authorised vehicles on the operator's licence, regardless of how many actual vehicles are in operation. Vehicles in this context are tractor units, rigid trucks, light goods vehicles (i.e. vans), but not trailers.
See this post for more details:
Number of hours for transport managers based on the total number of vehicles authorised on the operator's licence
https://transportforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7123

If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK or Accounting and Bookkeeping services, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week 8am-11pm on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Join our Facebook and WhatsApp groups with over 37,000 members at this link: https://bit.ly/3vOxQke
STEiNTURE

Post by STEiNTURE »

BillStill wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:26 pm Why did you not consult with a knowing TM. You are bringing yourself a lot of trouble as it shows you have not done your due diligence?
he is requesting help. Advise is what he needs, not criticism.
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

STEiNTURE wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:36 am
BillStill wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:26 pm Why did you not consult with a knowing TM. You are bringing yourself a lot of trouble as it shows you have not done your due diligence?
he is requesting help. Advise is what he needs, not criticism.
that was my advice, ask another skilled TM. I only pointed out the pitfalls!
masoide2105

Post by masoide2105 »

Are you sure they don't want you to explain your other work commitments? I'm named on 2 licences and all they wanted to know was what other work I do to keep it within the EU working hours directive
RhikcusMon

Post by RhikcusMon »

The hours you allocate to an Operator is based on their authorized number of vehicles and not how many they are currently running. Extra hours needed for trailers and it's worth mentioning the distance from home to each operating centre and journey times.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (172.41 KiB) Viewed 59 times

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”