Driver on my DCPC course said his horn isn't working, Transport manager said that's OK it a legal requirement. I've

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
gottaha

Driver on my DCPC course said his horn isn't working, Transport manager said that's OK it a legal requirement. I've

Post by gottaha »

Driver on my DCPC course said his horn isn't working, Transport manager said that's OK it a legal requirement. I've told him it is a requirement, am I right or his manager?
martinfe

Re: Driver on my DCPC course said his horn isn't working, Transport manager said that's OK it a legal requirement. I've

Post by martinfe »

If it’s MOT testable it’s a legal requirement
Alancy

Re: Driver on my DCPC course said his horn isn't working, Transport manager said that's OK it a legal requirement. I've

Post by Alancy »

It’s a mot failure. Definitely a legal requirement and should be defected.
NanPierce

Post by NanPierce »

Ask him or can you pass MoT without horn
Iannken

Post by Iannken »

Even for a car it’s a legal requirement for any mot 🤦🏽‍♂️
gerralone

Post by gerralone »

To have a horn is a legal requirement.
Most trucks have two horns they both don’t have to work. So if one is still working that’s fine.
Richard.Puff

Post by Richard.Puff »

gerralone wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:48 pm To have a horn is a legal requirement.
Most trucks have two horns they both don’t have to work. So if one is still working that’s fine.
hi, I think it’s the manufacturers horn as fitter which is the one which is required to work. I have a truck with air horns as well as the standard horn, the latter which must work and which would be mot’able! Hope that helps
wintt4freen

Post by wintt4freen »

Richard.Puff wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm
gerralone wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:48 pm To have a horn is a legal requirement.
hi, I think it’s the manufacturers horn as fitter which is the one which is required to work. I have a truck with air horns as well as the standard horn, the latter which must work and which would be mot’able! Hope that helps
thought it was just any horn? Manufacturer spec or not?
gerralone

Post by gerralone »

Richard.Puff wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm
a lot of trucks have two horns as standard from manufacturer
jimylly

Post by jimylly »

Attachments
Horn.jpg
Horn.jpg (68.61 KiB) Viewed 280 times
muda9ay

Post by muda9ay »

jimylly wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 pm.
Hi Could you please share the file link to have full access of this document. Is it from GOV sites
jimylly

Post by jimylly »

muda9ay wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:52 pm
jimylly wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 pm.
Hi Could you please share the file link to have full access of this document. Is it from GOV sites
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... manual.pdf
Kurisure

Post by Kurisure »

It’s is a legal requirement or an MOT so it must be working at all times
AmeeTinny

Post by AmeeTinny »

IM27 - Horn not working at all, missing or emits a sound likely to be confused with an official siren is a delayed prohibition so yes - should be repaired before vehicle hits the road 🛣️
Jimpill

Post by Jimpill »

If in doubt ask professional
jackiews

Post by jackiews »

I think he needs a new manager!
gottaha

Post by gottaha »

Thank you for all your replies..Wanted to show the driver that I was correct ..He says when he returns to work tomorrow his manager will ignore him.. Why send a driver on a course if the manager ignores the information that he's learnt and further the driver DCPC only a tick box system as he can't use what he's learnt ..I have said for the manager to contact me tomorrow, so I can support the driver ..Also 2 trucks 23 plate no VTG6 in cab ..
benines

Post by benines »

gottaha wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:57 pm Thank you for all your replies..Wanted to show the driver that I was correct ..He says when he returns to work tomorrow his manager will ignore him.. Why send a driver on a course if the manager ignores the information that he's learnt and further the driver DCPC only a tick box system as he can't use what he's learnt ..I have said for the manager to contact me tomorrow, so I can support the driver ..Also 2 trucks 23 plate no VTG6 in cab ..
Could still be waiting for the VTG6, I’ve waited over a year before now. God knows why, when surely they just need someone to press ‘print’.
Colisman

Post by Colisman »

gottaha wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:57 pm Thank you for all your replies..Wanted to show the driver that I was correct ..He says when he returns to work tomorrow his manager will ignore him.. Why send a driver on a course if the manager ignores the information that he's learnt and further the driver DCPC only a tick box system as he can't use what he's learnt ..I have said for the manager to contact me tomorrow, so I can support the driver ..Also 2 trucks 23 plate no VTG6 in cab ..
another MOT failure point then
benines

Post by benines »

Colisman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 pm
you won’t fail a first MOT now for no plate, at least DVSA accept their own incompetence in that field. I’ve been in that position and they accepted a letter from me saying we were still waiting for the plate.
Colisman

Post by Colisman »

benines wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:59 pm
Colisman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 pm
you won’t fail a first MOT now for no plate, at least DVSA accept their own incompetence in that field. I’ve been in that position and they accepted a letter from me saying we were still waiting for the plate.
yikes, industrial grade incompetence. I'm impressed they do allow it however.
flavii

Post by flavii »

Name and shame it ....company name ....manager name
jinChat

Post by jinChat »

As a CPC trainer, is forum the place to check?
Frankho

Post by Frankho »

jinChat wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm As a CPC trainer, is forum the place to check?
where else is he supposed to check? Obviously not a Cpc course you all rave on about
LeonGuy

Post by LeonGuy »

Frankho wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:01 pm
jinChat wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm As a CPC trainer, is forum the place to check?
where else is he supposed to check? Obviously not a Cpc course you all rave on about
if only DVSA or UK Gov. provided online resourses. Also look at section 37 of the Road Vehicles construction and use Regulations.
Attachments
Warning.jpg
Warning.jpg (82.32 KiB) Viewed 253 times
jinChat

Post by jinChat »

he's delivering the CPC course.
There are endless official documents where all the correct information is available
Frankho

Post by Frankho »

jinChat wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:02 pm
There are endless official documents where all the correct information is available
but loads say the dcpc information is so needed and handy…………………evidently not. The ones running the course don’t have a clue themselves
jinChat

Post by jinChat »

Frankho wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:03 pm

but loads say the dcpc information is so needed and handy…………………evidently not. The ones running the course don’t have a clue themselves
a generalisation!
I agree some are not up to the right standard, but some form of training is needed as drivers also get things wrong.
Frankho

Post by Frankho »

jinChat wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:03 pm

a generalisation!
I agree some are not up to the right standard, but some form of training is needed as drivers also get things wrong.
what you expect when they get pulled from pillar to post by these so called experts handing out dcpc courses?? You ask them a serious question and watch them they be like “I’ll have to get back to you on that one!!”
jinChat

Post by jinChat »

Frankho wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 pm

a generalisation!
what you expect when they get pulled from pillar to post by these so called experts handing out dcpc courses?? You ask them a serious question and watch them they be like “I’ll have to get back to you on that one!!”
nobody knows everything.
There should be a higher standard though.
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

a generalisation!
come on Frankho, is it a legal requirement for your car horn to work? Yes it is! Common sense mate!
Frankho

Post by Frankho »

BillStill wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 pm

a generalisation!
come on Frankho, is it a legal requirement for your car horn to work? Yes it is! Common sense mate!
that wasn’t my issue it was all youse going on about importance of Cpc training yet Cpc trainer not having a scooby doo
Frankho

Post by Frankho »

jinChat wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 pm

a generalisation!
nobody knows everything.
There should be a higher standard though.
if you don’t know then don’t teach it. Refer back to owner and say not applicable
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

Frankho wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 pm
BillStill wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 pm

that wasn’t my issue it was all youse going on about importance of Cpc training yet Cpc trainer not having a scooby doo
not a common occurrence.
gottaha

Post by gottaha »

yes as you get a quick answer without trawling through documents..As I said I knew the answer so photo shot the replies so driver can show his TM
jinChat

Post by jinChat »

gottaha wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:07 pm

yes as you get a quick answer without trawling through documents..As I said I knew the answer so photo shot the replies so driver can show his TM
photo shot answers would not convince me. A link to the legalization would.
wayupp

Post by wayupp »

Cat of D manual states Delayed prohibition. It needs to work.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (49.25 KiB) Viewed 230 times
januj

Post by januj »

Simple rule of thumb - if it needs to be correct for the MOT it always needs to be correct.
richielte

Post by richielte »

I do wonder what planet some are on 🤣😂
gottaha

Post by gottaha »

richielte wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:09 pm I do wonder what planet some are on 🤣😂
The reason I asked on this forum is because you get an answer quick to save time looking through documents. Never afraid to ask a question as every day a school day.
richielte

Post by richielte »

gottaha wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:10 pm
richielte wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:09 pm I do wonder what planet some are on 🤣😂
The reason I asked on this forum is because you get an answer quick to save time looking through documents. Never afraid to ask a question as every day a school day.
I wasn't referring to you, it's the fact that we have another TM out there practicing that hasn't got a Scrooby do what they are doing 🙈🤣
The TM CPC course and exams are a total joke🤷🏼‍♂️🤣
gottaha

Post by gottaha »

richielte wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:10 pm
I wasn't referring to you, it's the fact that we have another TM out there practicing that hasn't got a Scrooby do what they are doing 🙈🤣
thanks Richielte but else can we educate TMs? The company I was dealing with gave a restricted licence so the so called manager telling driver all good to go and driver knows it isn't..Easy for me to say don't drive but in reality we both know what happens..
richielte

Post by richielte »

gottaha wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:11 pm
richielte wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:10 pm

thanks Richielte but else can we educate TMs? The company I was dealing with gave a restricted licence so the so called manager telling driver all good to go and driver knows it isn't..Easy for me to say don't drive but in reality we both know what happens..
Even on a restricted licence, there must be a competent person 🤷🏼‍♂️ they don't sound very competent.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”