Can anybody shed any light on why my first driving period was reset after the 16 minute break? First day in after

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jr.Jason

Re: Can anybody shed any light on why my first driving period was reset after the 16 minute break? First day in after

Post by Jr.Jason »

1hr 19mins on POA has reset your drive time
Jasoncel

Re: Can anybody shed any light on why my first driving period was reset after the 16 minute break? First day in after

Post by Jasoncel »

It wasn’t that’s to tell you you had 16 mins break at11:21
David55

Post by David55 »

Shouldn’t be on poa for an hour and 19 min! it’s known about in advance! Nobody has ever said I will be with you in 1hr 19 driver!
hollywherm

Post by hollywherm »

Poa automatically resets driving time after 45 mins on it.
SKYRORBES

Post by SKYRORBES »

Thanks everybody. I've only ever used POA once before, and that was a long time ago, so obviously that time it didn't affect anything. I was sat waiting for a fitter to arrive to fix a problem, so I was told to put it on POA as I would have needed a wtd break within that waiting time, and my TM didn't want me to have to interrupt that if they came whilst on break.
Your input is much appreciated, and I'll know next time.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

EmettSparko wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:25 pm In the menu using the company card it’s under DDS settings. Select with ok button press up arrow once and it will show the POA symbol = break symbol press ok and then select Yes or No. You want to select NO press ok and it will save changes. Exit out of menu. Eject company card. Re-insert driver card. Test by putting tacho on POA and if the break timer doesn’t count up it’s worked. Hope this helps. Had a mission with my last firm to convince the management that this was the problem and that it can be changed.
In a nutshell... and POA is extremely useful (if the company refuse to pay break periods) as you're not forced to take a WTD break after long waits to be tipped or loaded.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

ph+illenut wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:39 pm
Markmapp wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:39 pm
ph+illenut wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm

only the first 45 mins of POA would be considered a break in this instance
yeah that’s what I meant strange isn’t it that it’s not like that as the driver
Be well better
I never use POA. Always break. Nothing illegal about having too much break.
Nothing illegal at all, but that reply doesn't help drivers whose company refuse to pay for additional breaks. Just set up the tacho correctly (not to record POA as a break) and use POA when sat around waiting (or put it on other work and clean the cab depending on your bosses preference).

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”