Has anybody been to Hooke Court, Beaminster in a 12m coach please. Not for me but a client. Looks a tad tight.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
alannoGOT

Has anybody been to Hooke Court, Beaminster in a 12m coach please. Not for me but a client. Looks a tad tight.

Post by alannoGOT »

Has anybody been to Hooke Court, Beaminster in a 12m coach please. Not for me but a client. Looks a tad tight. Thanks in advance
DeaconNot

Re: Has anybody been to Hooke Court, Beaminster in a 12m coach please. Not for me but a client. Looks a tad tight.

Post by DeaconNot »

There is a coach park round corner From entrance
Attachments
Park.jpg
Park.jpg (173.96 KiB) Viewed 51 times
alannoGOT

Re: Has anybody been to Hooke Court, Beaminster in a 12m coach please. Not for me but a client. Looks a tad tight.

Post by alannoGOT »

DeaconNot wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:24 pm There is a coach park round corner From entrance
brilliant thank you very much
you4pper

Post by you4pper »

Don't come the way that sat nat says.
Come in via Beaminster.
alannoGOT

Post by alannoGOT »

you4pper wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 pm Don't come the way that sat nat says.
Come in via Beaminster.
many thanks
JAMOSERLO

Post by JAMOSERLO »

alannoGOT wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:26 pm
Come in via Beaminster.
many thanks
I used to drive that 14m double decker into there! You can come in from either way, however if you come into coach park with the coach park on your left you have to reverse into entrance and if you come into it with the coach park on the right then you need to drive into it and turn it round in the coach park!! It is a lot easier to go past it and come back (so coach park is on your right!) if that makes sense, if you don’t do it as I say either a tree or the sign will bite!!
JAMOSERLO

Post by JAMOSERLO »

Come in via Beaminster.
many thanks
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (56.21 KiB) Viewed 44 times
alannoGOT

Post by alannoGOT »

JAMOSERLO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:27 pm
Come in via Beaminster.
many thanks
I used to drive that 14m double decker into there! You can come in from either way, however if you come into coach park with the coach park on your left you have to reverse into entrance and if you come into it with the coach park on the right then you need to drive into it and turn it round in the coach park!! It is a lot easier to go past it and come back (so coach park is on your right!) if that makes sense, if you don’t do it as I say either a tree or the sign will bite!!
cheers
JAMOSERLO

Post by JAMOSERLO »

Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (45.61 KiB) Viewed 40 times
JAMOSERLO

Post by JAMOSERLO »

Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (56.21 KiB) Viewed 40 times
JAMOSERLO

Post by JAMOSERLO »

Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (67.44 KiB) Viewed 40 times
alannoGOT

Post by alannoGOT »

174.hougzee wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 pm Phone in sick
lol thankfully I’m asking for one of our drivers who hasn’t been allocated yet. Like to try and check things out for them sometimes as it makes life easier for us all in the long run
174.hougzee

Post by 174.hougzee »

alannoGOT wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:30 pm
lol thankfully I’m asking for one of our drivers who hasn’t been allocated yet. Like to try and check things out for them sometimes as it makes life easier for us all in the long run
in which case give it to someone you hate🤣🤣
alannoGOT

Post by alannoGOT »

174.hougzee wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:30 pm
we love them all equally 🤣🤣
sou7thelle

Post by sou7thelle »

I’m making notes!! 😉
174.hougzee

Post by 174.hougzee »

sou7thelle wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:31 pm

I’m making notes!! 😉
nothing to see here...👀😬
Allam_yg

Post by Allam_yg »

Best of luck with that one, I'm glad it's not me 😂🤣
neill+herald

Post by neill+herald »

I had that place 3 times in one week! It’s not as bad as it looks! The sign for it is tiny as you come up the hill turn right, then a narrow lane until you get to a get turn with a green thing! Go Dow. There and it’s on your right.
gravettro+grav

Post by gravettro+grav »

B3165 from Beaminster turn right to Hooke then right after a couple of miles to Hooke and Kingcombe Hooke Court comes up on the right it's narrow in places but it's the best way in and out big area for coaches.
GotGaress

Post by GotGaress »

As others have said!
Although one of ours got wiped out the other week by a speeding French truck going the other way who never bloody stopped 🙄🙄😀
ayr3tares

Post by ayr3tares »

Do not go in from the Dorchester end, you will not make the left turn into the lane. As mentioned, go in from Beaminster.
When you come out, do not try going through Hooke village, You have to turn left out of the centre's car park.
When coming out, if you meet an inbound coach you will have to reverse back to the centre, Incoming coaches have nowhere to reverse / turn around on the way in.
alannoGOT

Post by alannoGOT »

ayr3tares wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:34 pm Do not go in from the Dorchester end, you will not make the left turn into the lane. As mentioned, go in from Beaminster.
When you come out, do not try going through Hooke village, You have to turn left out of the centre's car park.
When coming out, if you meet an inbound coach you will have to reverse back to the centre, Incoming coaches have nowhere to reverse / turn around on the way in.
thanks very much.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”