Hello everyone here, I'm new to this forum. I really need some help and advice here, I recently purchased a good

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Patz-Konie

Hello everyone here, I'm new to this forum. I really need some help and advice here, I recently purchased a good

Post by Patz-Konie »

Hello everyone here, I'm new to this forum. I really need some help and advice here, I recently purchased a good tractor unit 6x4 Mercedes Benz Actros with the intention of being owner driver since I hold a class 1 HGV licence. Now my challenge is I can’t find a place in my Oxfordshire area to apply for O Licence, been to every corner I could think of but nothing materialized. Now I’m looking for a trustworthy person whom I can work with under their operator’s license for now if permitted or possible. I am willing to work anywhere in the county. Any help or advise will do, I really need this truck to work. Will appreciate any support, or if you know anyone who is looking for a truck to do some shunting in their yard, I’m happy to do so.
Thank you all
Patz-Konie

Re: Hello everyone here, I'm new to this forum. I really need some help and advice here, I recently purchased a good

Post by Patz-Konie »

Matrixel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:25 pm That's illegal
please advise where or what is illegal here so that i understand thanks
tedBuggy

Re: Hello everyone here, I'm new to this forum. I really need some help and advice here, I recently purchased a good

Post by tedBuggy »

Patz-Konie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 pm
your truck - your O license. You cant work on other person O license.
ryothIss

Post by ryothIss »

Patz-Konie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 pm
here is the same as everywhere else. Your Transport Manager CPC qualification should teach you this.
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

hauly1733 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 pm You can’t do that
your advise please
hauly1733

Post by hauly1733 »

Patz-Konie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 pm
your advise please
keep on looking and try a little further away from Oxford
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

hauly1733 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 pm
Patz-Konie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 pm
your advise please
keep on looking and try a little further away from Oxford
true…
assendbl

Post by assendbl »

Christ alive iv read it all now.🤦
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

assendbl wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:29 pm Christ alive iv read it all now.🤦
your advise will be much more appreciated.
assendbl

Post by assendbl »

Patz-Konie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:29 pm
he's some advice that would be illegal, you'll have your application revoked and the person fronting you banned, you should have sorted the o license/work first then bought a truck
Wynneertz

Post by Wynneertz »

assendbl wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:30 pm
he's some advice that would be illegal, you'll have your application revoked and the person fronting you banned, you should have sorted the o license/work first then bought a truck
I see this mistake time and time again, why do they buy the truck first🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

Wynneertz wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:30 pm
assendbl wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:30 pm

I see this mistake time and time again, why do they buy the truck first🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
it happens my dear friend, sometimes you may have been ill advised, but we learn from these mistakes
iantelle

Post by iantelle »

And people wonder why the industry is in the state it is!
tinaridd

Post by tinaridd »

it beats me why anyone would buy a truck first without some good work lined up let alone an operating centre
Dandanic

Post by Dandanic »

starting out with a double drive 🤣
TABOZERTO

Post by TABOZERTO »

You should get O - licence first even before buying anything. You can not drive this thing at all unless you got o license and the rest
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

TABOZERTO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:33 pm You should get O - licence first even before buying anything. You can not drive this thing at all unless you got o license and the rest
thanks for the advice, if explained like this, one would understand better and then act on the advice.
Matrixel

Post by Matrixel »

TABOZERTO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:33 pm You should get O - licence first even before buying anything. You can not drive this thing at all unless you got o license and the rest
technically he can. He can't operate it for hire or reward.
TABOZERTO

Post by TABOZERTO »

Matrixel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:34 pm
if not for hire and reward then there is restricted license you still need to apply for
Matrixel

Post by Matrixel »

TABOZERTO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:34 pm
if not for hire and reward then there is restricted license you still need to apply for
nope. Restricted license is for transport of own goods. If he's not transporting anything or going to pick up a load he doesn't need a license. He can use the truck to go to seaside on holiday or to church on Sunday or to buy bread and milk in his local Tesco. But not for carrying someone's goods (standard license) or his company own goods (restricted license).
TABOZERTO

Post by TABOZERTO »

Matrixel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:35 pm

nope. Restricted license is for transport of own goods. If he's not transporting anything or going to pick up a load he doesn't need a license. He can use the truck to go to seaside on holiday or to church on Sunday or to buy bread and milk in his local Tesco. But not for carrying someone's goods (standard license) or his company own goods (restricted license).
go find it where it says that and post it on here. I believe you wont
Matrixel

Post by Matrixel »

TABOZERTO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:35 pm

what... That license is required for transportation of goods...? 🤔
Matrixel

Post by Matrixel »

TABOZERTO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:35 pm

!!
Attachments
Gov.jpg
Gov.jpg (112.77 KiB) Viewed 97 times
davidenco

Post by davidenco »

Sell your truck and work for someone else the industry is f**kd
ryothIss

Post by ryothIss »

davidenco wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:37 pm Sell your truck and work for someone else the industry is f**kd
the industry is doing just fine. There is shit in every industry sectors, haulage no different. People just expect to be able to 'pick up' well paid work through a forwarder or a load board. Never has it worked that way, nor will it ever work that way. Get your own work or sell the trucks.is my only advise. If you don't have your own work then you shouldn't be running trucks.
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

ryothIss wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:37 pm
davidenco wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:37 pm Sell your truck and work for someone else the industry is f**kd
the industry is doing just fine. There is shit in every industry sectors, haulage no different. People just expect to be able to 'pick up' well paid work through a forwarder or a load board. Never has it worked that way, nor will it ever work that way. Get your own work or sell the trucks.is my only advise. If you don't have your own work then you shouldn't be running trucks.
thank you for this response to that message. Some contributions are toxic and heartbreaking..
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

Many thanks to those that have shared their advices with me..I will keep looking for available operating centres further away from Oxfordshire area..
ronnieue

Post by ronnieue »

My advice is: sell the unit at a loss of about £5k get a job, take your cpc, save &40k and try again. Best wishes
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

ronnieue wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:39 pm My advice is: sell the unit at a loss of about £5k get a job, take your cpc, save &40k and try again. Best wishes
some advices are heartbreaking, I wish some contributors to be kept to self..I’m a positive person..
ronnieue

Post by ronnieue »

Patz-Konie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:39 pm
ronnieue wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:39 pm My advice is: sell the unit at a loss of about £5k get a job, take your cpc, save &40k and try again. Best wishes
some advices are heartbreaking, I wish some contributors to be kept to self..I’m a positive person..
Stay positive buddy. Pm me if you think I can help
ryothIss

Post by ryothIss »

Please do not advertise the fact that you want to work under somebody else's operators licence. If you want a parking location I can help. 5min from M40 J10.
Pm me.
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

ryothIss wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:40 pm Please do not advertise the fact that you want to work under somebody else's operators licence. If you want a parking location I can help. 5min from M40 J10.
Pm me.
check your inbox
mcIdol

Post by mcIdol »

The only way to do it legally would be for you to hire your tractor unit to another operator, the other operator to insure it and for them to employ you as a driver.
There are plenty of operating centres around. Speak to other operators who may have spaces available in their yard you can rent.
Patz-Konie

Post by Patz-Konie »

mcIdol wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:41 pm The only way to do it legally would be for you to hire your tractor unit to another operator, the other operator to insure it and for them to employ you as a driver.
There are plenty of operating centres around. Speak to other operators who may have spaces available in their yard you can rent.
this is one of the best advices ever. I would love to do that for now, If anyone is willing to hire it and myself doing the driving. Many thanks

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”