WHERES THIS DRIVER SHORTAGE?? All I KEEP SEEING IS ADVERTS FOR DRIVERS SEEKING WORK, I called 3 agencies and 5

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
mckenac

Re: WHERES THIS DRIVER SHORTAGE?? All I KEEP SEEING IS ADVERTS FOR DRIVERS SEEKING WORK, I called 3 agencies and 5

Post by mckenac »

The reason behind the driver shortage Aging Population
As we’ll see, certain international events underpin the HGV driver shortage. Yet these events did not cause the driver shortage so much as make a bad situation even worse. In 2019, we reported that the average age of truck drivers was 53, and that 13% of them were over 60, and only 2% were under 25. This meant that huge numbers of HGV drivers were retiring every year, with not enough young drivers to replace them.
COVID-19
Lockdown and self-isolation requirements caused mass disruption in every industry. Among other things, it meant that many UK driver test facilities were shut down.
The RHA estimated that this resulted in the loss of 30,000 HGV driver test slots. The pandemic also meant that many HGV drivers not native to the UK returned to their home countries, with travel restrictions and lockdowns making them unwilling or unable to return.
Brexit
According to the RHA, as many as 60,000 UK HGV drivers are from EU member states. Brexit put new rules in place for anyone who wants to come to the UK to work.
While these rules didn’t outright ban non-UK drivers from working in the UK, a period of adjustment to the new system, along with other complications in recruiting HGV drivers from EU member states, would have contributed to the driver shortage.
IR35
IR35 is a set of tax rules governing off-payroll working. The government made changes to the IR35 rules in April 2021. These new rules affected HGV drivers employed via agencies on a contractor basis.
For many HGV drivers, the new rules meant that they’d have to pay additional income tax and national insurance contributions. This led to numerous disputes, with many drivers choosing to leave the industry.
DealMakee

Re: WHERES THIS DRIVER SHORTAGE?? All I KEEP SEEING IS ADVERTS FOR DRIVERS SEEKING WORK, I called 3 agencies and 5

Post by DealMakee »

It's dog 5hit in this country as an hgv driver, HGV Driving in the UK is utter 5hit
Craimon.Hud

Post by Craimon.Hud »

DealMakee wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:59 pm It's dog 5hit in this country as an hgv driver, HGV Driving in the UK is utter 5hit
100%
Andr8nghe

Post by Andr8nghe »

Driver shortage was created to cause panick buying as it was around the same time as change of fuel to new rather than spend millions to dispose of old petrol stock that built up over covid lock downs make a driver shortage and people panick buy it.
andros9

Post by andros9 »

Andr8nghe wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:02 pm Driver shortage was created to cause panick buying as it was around the same time as change of fuel to new rather than spend millions to dispose of old petrol stock that built up over covid lock downs make a driver shortage and people panick buy it.
And panick buy they did, good old globalist run BBC did there job.

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”