Well now Im going to have a rant currently sat at Bourton on the water and as most are probably aware the Coach park

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
stepiqua

Well now Im going to have a rant currently sat at Bourton on the water and as most are probably aware the Coach park

Post by stepiqua »

Well now I'm going to have a rant currently sat at Bourton on the water and as most are probably aware the Coach park has been permanently closed why is with these tourist places they want us Coach drivers to bring our passengers to spend their hard earned cash but they don't want to provide the facilities for the Coaches and drivers to just be able to park up and get their legal breaks in but also be able to park and get out and about what is wrong with the local councils and who makes these crap decisions about closing Coach parks like the one that is very much in need in Bourton it just doesn't make sense. Sorry my RANT over with.
movest_1285

Re: Well now Im going to have a rant currently sat at Bourton on the water and as most are probably aware the Coach park

Post by movest_1285 »

Brighton is the same Maderia drive is full of campers and no wardens in sight
cragInspiring

Re: Well now Im going to have a rant currently sat at Bourton on the water and as most are probably aware the Coach park

Post by cragInspiring »

Probably because drivers ruin things engine running leave bags of rubbish even worse drop toilets
bouom

Post by bouom »

cragInspiring wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:26 pm Probably because drivers ruin things engine running leave bags of rubbish even worse drop toilets
here is a idea provide bins and toilet drops then instead of driving the villages main income away make coaches welcome
cragInspiring

Post by cragInspiring »

bouom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:26 pm
cragInspiring wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:26 pm Probably because drivers ruin things engine running leave bags of rubbish even worse drop toilets
here is a idea provide bins and toilet drops then instead of driving the villages main income away make coaches welcome
don't have pop at me I'm trying to explain the amount of times drivers have done this and the land in question was private land owned by a haulage company not the council
clem8kerc

Post by clem8kerc »

he wasn’t having a pop he’s right in what he said
130carlonixx

Post by 130carlonixx »

clem8kerc wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:27 pm
never mind the coach,es what about the local business they may well be affected ........be ever mindful that coach drivers and their companies could deside not to visit and if they think into stop going to the place,es in the area that welcome and need coach partys they will suffer ,love them or hate coach visitors do bring a sometimes much needed injection of cash, ask theme parks what they think about the thousand plus coach,es that visit them annually...
bouom

Post by bouom »

130carlonixx wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:28 pm
clem8kerc wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:27 pm

never mind the coach,es what about the local business they may well be affected ........be ever mindful that coach drivers and their companies could deside not to visit and if they think into stop going to the place,es in the area that welcome and need coach partys they will suffer ,love them or hate coach visitors do bring a sometimes much needed injection of cash, ask theme parks what they think about the thousand plus coach,es that visit them annually...
totally agree
Jef9ixtund

Post by Jef9ixtund »

cragInspiring wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:27 pm
don't have pop at me I'm trying to explain the amount of times drivers have done this and the land in question was private land owned by a haulage company not the council
if I lived next to a coach park and coaches left their engines running for longer than needed (some drivers will leave their engines run for hours) I certainly would want to try and shut the coach park
stev_xango

Post by stev_xango »

You are a million miles from the truth regarding locals & councils wanting tourists and coaches turning up by the dozen. The truth is, they really don’t like them. It’s the shopkeepers that want the money you bring. Councils prefer coaches to park out of town and use park & ride.
bouom

Post by bouom »

stev_xango wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:31 pm You are a million miles from the truth regarding locals & councils wanting tourists and coaches turning up by the dozen. The truth is, they really don’t like them. It’s the shopkeepers that want the money you bring. Councils prefer coaches to park out of town and use park & ride.
yeah people that have moved to the area from the city an now want to change it
A bit like people that buy a house near an airport then complain that they have planes flying over
stev_xango

Post by stev_xango »

bouom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:32 pm
stev_xango wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:31 pm You are a million miles from the truth regarding locals & councils wanting tourists and coaches turning up by the dozen. The truth is, they really don’t like them. It’s the shopkeepers that want the money you bring. Councils prefer coaches to park out of town and use park & ride.
yeah people that have moved to the area from the city an now want to change it
A bit like people that buy a house near an airport then complain that they have planes flying over
Combination of a few things. Have to admit, I can’t blame them. I wouldn’t like the mass hysteria, mess, noise etc. etc.
stepiqua

Post by stepiqua »

I was referring to the councils not wanting the coaches
stev_xango

Post by stev_xango »

stepiqua wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:33 pm
I was referring to the councils not wanting the coaches
To be honest, I don’t think it’s the councils so much as the locals that do the complaining & moaning to the councils.
2206_micwo

Post by 2206_micwo »

It was not a council run coach park it was private and to many complaints were made because coaches were running there engines the people in the houses at the back of the coaches had, had enough so it’s the coach drivers that have lost the parking
nick4ummni

Post by nick4ummni »

Don’t go is the simple answer while some still keep going it will never change there! You’ve just got to bypass it!
rogers.impers

Post by rogers.impers »

The people who own the shops want them. The locals don’t and who can blame them.
Ogi8lland

Post by Ogi8lland »

Yep simple, avoid like the plague 🤮👎
evagellar172

Post by evagellar172 »

Stratford has fair bit of parking but if you drop in the town and don’t know of the drop off park (only been once) you get threatened with a ticket while loading a wheelchair jobsworth parking wardens
stepiqua

Post by stepiqua »

evagellar172 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm Stratford has fair bit of parking but if you drop in the town and don’t know of the drop off park (only been once) you get threatened with a ticket while loading a wheelchair jobsworth parking wardens
is the coach park still in use by the leisure centre or has that gone, I used to do a college run to Stratford from Coventry years ago and often used to park up in the coach park and do a toilet drop while I was there I suppose that's gone now
evagellar172

Post by evagellar172 »

stepiqua wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:40 pm
evagellar172 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm Stratford has fair bit of parking but if you drop in the town and don’t know of the drop off park (only been once) you get threatened with a ticket while loading a wheelchair jobsworth parking wardens
is the coach park still in use by the leisure centre or has that gone, I used to do a college run to Stratford from Coventry years ago and often used to park up in the coach park and do a toilet drop while I was there I suppose that's gone now
dont quote me on it believe it still is but lot of motorhomes go there
I dont know how long you can stay top of town in coach drop off
Like I said once been there done Cotswolds few times
Not a lover of Stratford at all
sterebann.182

Post by sterebann.182 »

stepiqua wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:40 pm
Stratford got a nice drop of point and a massive coach park with facilities what not to like
avvyncia

Post by avvyncia »

The coach park was privately owned and was closed due to complaints about drivers running engines etc and leaving their rubbish behind, including human waste, and that’s why they have closed the coach park
Shop owners etc have tried to push the council into alternate arrangement’s, but Bourton on the Water Council have publicly said they don’t want the level of tourists they usually experience, so no, they don’t want coaches and they don’t want you… they have been saying it for over a year!
To be fair to them, they have held their hands up and said “we don’t care”… and also, closure of the coach park had been promoted for well over a year, so if you chose to still go there despite that, then more fool you!
OsullOsmics

Post by OsullOsmics »

I think I’m right the coach park is privately owned
Iany#pta

Post by Iany#pta »

Bourton the water will be dropped from the schedules now. As others have said Morton in Marsh, Stow etc have facilities
chambic106

Post by chambic106 »

Why did you go there? Knowing we can’t park or anything there anymore 🤔
stepiqua

Post by stepiqua »

chambic106 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:43 pm Why did you go there? Knowing we can’t park or anything there anymore 🤔
on a five day Chinese and the TL had her mind set that was where she was taking her group
stev_xango

Post by stev_xango »

stepiqua wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:44 pm
chambic106 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:43 pm Why did you go there? Knowing we can’t park or anything there anymore 🤔
on a five day Chinese and the TL had her mind set that was where she was taking her group
Chinese Tour Leaders HAVE to do what it says on their itineraries otherwise they are in big trouble.
ADRIANIZZ

Post by ADRIANIZZ »

Welcome to the world of tourism mate…where they love our customers, but hate us, who take them there…BATH is a prime example, pushing us yet further away from the city.
CHARLESPE

Post by CHARLESPE »

The land where the coaches park is privately owned as you know it is also a car park .The owner has decided that they can make more money by using what was coach parking for cars.That is ok for the land owner but not good for the council or shop keepers as normally 2people to a car and average 30/40in a coach all spending money .I agree unless something is done to resolve the situation Bourton on the Water will suffer as it will be a no go for coaches.Lets hope the council get their finger out and find an answer.
Gale0pane

Post by Gale0pane »

Simple mate no one sticks together so wot companies need to do is boy cot the place and see the village disappear over nite I so my own trips won’t be going anywhere near was there 7 times a year las time they did this the village suffered
pope6hiuso

Post by pope6hiuso »

Local council have stated we and our passengers are not wanted
ItravecAztec

Post by ItravecAztec »

They closed it because of drivers running their engines
bouom

Post by bouom »

Go to stow on the wold, Morton or Broadway all have coach parking and it’s free!
The sooner coaches start to boycott bourton on water the sooner the shop keepers and restaurants will start to complain to the councils.
You can bet your life the people that decided the coach park needs to go are people that aren’t affected by the loss or revenue.
The shops will restaurants will start to close it will be a ghost town. Very short sighted decision to close the coach park.
Just a thought I wonder how long before retirement apartments will be built on the coach park and how big a back hander the councilors will be pocketing.
228_bobinds

Post by 228_bobinds »

bouom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:55 pm Go to stow on the wold, Morton or Broadway all have coach parking and it’s free!
The sooner coaches start to boycott bourton on water the sooner the shop keepers and restaurants will start to complain to the councils.
You can bet your life the people that decided the coach park needs to go are people that aren’t affected by the loss or revenue.
The shops will restaurants will start to close it will be a ghost town. Very short sighted decision to close the coach park.
Just a thought I wonder how long before retirement apartments will be built on the coach park and how big a back hander the councilors will be pocketing.
I think you will find that the area is privately owned and the man taking the tickets a) is fed up of drivers “mucking about” and b) he makes more money collecting off cars!!

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”