Dunno if there's any London Bus drivers on here, who drive up Kingsway. What's with the horn honking and hand

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
McLeoddge

Dunno if there's any London Bus drivers on here, who drive up Kingsway. What's with the horn honking and hand

Post by McLeoddge »

Dunno if there's any London Bus drivers on here, who drive up Kingsway. What's with the horn honking and hand gesticulations, you can get a double decker Bus through there FFS. 🤔
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (295.3 KiB) Viewed 135 times
miklee.1776

Re: Dunno if there's any London Bus drivers on here, who drive up Kingsway. What's with the horn honking and hand

Post by miklee.1776 »

Had that multiple times last year. Most of them just drove on by and then you get the odd horn happy pillock 🤣
doggettyOr

Re: Dunno if there's any London Bus drivers on here, who drive up Kingsway. What's with the horn honking and hand

Post by doggettyOr »

They must be the worst coach bays anywhere
allyndUnow

Post by allyndUnow »

My bad, i put a poster up in Trafalgar Square asking all the local drivers to give you "The famous" a toot and a wave in the passing!
🤔😎😃
gravettro+grav

Post by gravettro+grav »

allyndUnow wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:21 pm My bad, i put a poster up in Trafalgar Square asking all the local drivers to give you "The famous" a toot and a wave in the passing!
🤔😎😃
You too 😂
reas8ator

Post by reas8ator »

It’s only usually just one who ‘struggles’ to get past the parked coaches, they wanna try n Parallel park along there😱
McLeoddge

Post by McLeoddge »

plummZINN wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:23 pm Bus W**kers !!
🤣🤣🤣
RiCRBERIO

Post by RiCRBERIO »

I’ve been there at least once to replace a o/s mirror knocked off by a passing bus
Skee7mach

Post by Skee7mach »

Double decker still same width 😬
2291_stawil

Post by 2291_stawil »

Skee7mach wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:27 pm Double decker still same width 😬
as what? A coach? Are you sure? Not all buses and coaches are the same width
2291_stawil

Post by 2291_stawil »

The coach i used to drive, 2.55 m.
The bus i used to drive, 2.4m which surprised me, because i thought they were all the same, ish.
Now if you think thats rubbish, and find it funny, then you're obviously not as good a driver as you think. Maybe you should take a retest?
2291_stawil

Post by 2291_stawil »

Clearly Skee needs some more driving experience.
Anyway, i obviously have no idea how wide London bus is. I don't drive them. They could be wider than the bus i used to drive.
Anyway, i used to be in this group years ago. Back then drivers thought they knew more than they actually did. They found things funny, or got abusive, thinking they were correct when they weren't.
It seems that coach drivers are still f**king idiots. And i want no part of putting you lot on the right track yet again.
Sorry Skee. But i know more than you. And if you think I'm wrong then your under the above heading of f**king idiot.
It took you lot about a week to piss me off. It won't be happening again.
Allanos

Post by Allanos »

2291_stawil wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 pm
Anyway, i obviously have no idea how wide London bus is. I don't drive them. They could be wider than the bus i used to drive.
Anyway, i used to be in this group years ago. Back then drivers thought they knew more than they actually did. They found things funny, or got abusive, thinking they were correct when they weren't.
It seems that coach drivers are still f**king idiots. And i want no part of putting you lot on the right track yet again.
Sorry Skee. But i know more than you. And if you think I'm wrong then your under the above heading of f**king idiot.
OMG 😱
McLeoddge

Post by McLeoddge »

2291_stawil wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 pm
Deep breath and relax! 😉
ZennRider

Post by ZennRider »

Are you parked during clearway hours?
McLeoddge

Post by McLeoddge »

ZennRider wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:33 pm Are you parked during clearway hours?
This was between 2 and 4
228_bobinds

Post by 228_bobinds »

Hate parking on the uphill section as , after avoiding the leaning trees, you have to watch the red deckers driving past with the chance they take your mirror with them !! Prefer the opposite side, no trees so a slightly wider gap to manoeuvre through !!
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

228_bobinds wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:34 pm Hate parking on the uphill section as , after avoiding the leaning trees, you have to watch the red deckers driving past with the chance they take your mirror with them !! Prefer the opposite side, no trees so a slightly wider gap to manoeuvre through !!
took me a minute to work out the uphill bit i wont lie but 100% true 😂
dawGrackle

Post by dawGrackle »

127-danibber wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:34 pm
228_bobinds wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:34 pm Hate parking on the uphill section as , after avoiding the leaning trees, you have to watch the red deckers driving past with the chance they take your mirror with them !! Prefer the opposite side, no trees so a slightly wider gap to manoeuvre through !!
I wondered that too.. Bless Bobinds he is old and everything feels like it's uphill nowadays 😆
228_bobinds

Post by 228_bobinds »

dawGrackle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:35 pm
I wondered that too.. Bless Bobinds he is old and everything feels like it's uphill nowadays 😆
And you, young master Dawgrackle are close to going on my “naughty list
dawGrackle

Post by dawGrackle »

228_bobinds wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:36 pm

I thought I already was ..😁
228_bobinds

Post by 228_bobinds »

dawGrackle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:37 pm
228_bobinds wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:36 pm

I thought I already was ..😁
Ah, but. You now have a second page to the list !!🤣😘
Leetone67

Post by Leetone67 »

Some service drivers will bang your mirror on perpuse.
louis2ppe

Post by louis2ppe »

they are like chelsea tractor drivers ... they think they are wider than they are.
Jacin.fonnd

Post by Jacin.fonnd »

London bus drivers are the worst drivers in the country
halle-1244

Post by halle-1244 »

We try not to park on there, had a few mirrors taken off by bus drivers 🤬
ScottMc

Post by ScottMc »

Those ruddy mirrors on the service buses dont help matters, atrocious especially if they are mounted anext to the entry door as the rubber edge on the door often obscures it when the door is shut over
robb.numero

Post by robb.numero »

Just remember us London bus drivers rule London.. we don't like imposters in a fancy bus with a toilet an posh seats.also remember we have minutes to do our run not hrs.so if you get 2 fingers it means we're 2 mins late..1 finger means we're 1 min late..if you get a five knuckle shuffle.it means you ain't parked properly an we could of damaged our red bus 😄😁
McLeoddge

Post by McLeoddge »

robb.numero wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:42 pm Just remember us London bus drivers rule London.. we don't like imposters in a fancy bus with a toilet an posh seats.also remember we have minutes to do our run not hrs.so if you get 2 fingers it means we're 2 mins late..1 finger means we're 1 min late..if you get a five knuckle shuffle.it means you ain't parked properly an we could of damaged our red bus 😄😁
Some came flying up (not a problem), it was the ones that slowed to a snails pace that were getting over excited, as if they needed feeler gauges to get through...🤷
Woodyn

Post by Woodyn »

McLeoddge wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:42 pm
robb.numero wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:42 pm Just remember us London bus drivers rule London.. we don't like imposters in a fancy bus with a toilet an posh seats.also remember we have minutes to do our run not hrs.so if you get 2 fingers it means we're 2 mins late..1 finger means we're 1 min late..if you get a five knuckle shuffle.it means you ain't parked properly an we could of damaged our red bus 😄😁
Some came flying up (not a problem), it was the ones that slowed to a snails pace that were getting over excited, as if they needed feeler gauges to get through...🤷
usually the nervous trainees 😂
IanvHHocco

Post by IanvHHocco »

Just goes to show there are drivers and screw drives London bus drivers are W*nkers
Titch.omaha

Post by Titch.omaha »

Don’t forget part of training for tfl routes is they are more important than anyone and without them the world would just stop u must let them out as soon as indicator goes on(usually before it goes on if at all) and the companies that run the routes are paid on mileage so not enough time given to complete route which is why it’s almost impossible to get off at the stop u want as u need to ring bell a mile before although according to tfl every stop is compulsory
Mun0znetz

Post by Mun0znetz »

I used to push my o/s mirror in. Either when I was parked there or Park Lane.
McLeoddge

Post by McLeoddge »

Mun0znetz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:46 pm I used to push my o/s mirror in. Either when I was parked there or Park Lane.
l cant reach 😉
Mun0znetz

Post by Mun0znetz »

McLeoddge wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:47 pm
Mun0znetz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:46 pm I used to push my o/s mirror in. Either when I was parked there or Park Lane.
l cant reach 😉
I did think you might be vertically challenged love.
lesnTamer

Post by lesnTamer »

From what I've experienced first hand while on loan doing London bus work they hate having to think let alone looking past the wiper blades to negotiate what's ahead of them.
robb.numero

Post by robb.numero »

lesnTamer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:50 pm From what I've experienced first hand while on loan doing London bus work they hate having to think let alone looking past the wiper blades to negotiate what's ahead of them.
that's why we are on more money as we don't ave to think or plan..everything is organised an planned fir us..sit an press buttons an push to pedals..😁
lesnTamer

Post by lesnTamer »

robb.numero wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:51 pm
lesnTamer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:50 pm From what I've experienced first hand while on loan doing London bus work they hate having to think let alone looking past the wiper blades to negotiate what's ahead of them.
that's why we are on more money as we don't ave to think or plan..everything is organised an planned fir us..sit an press buttons an push to pedals..😁
I know I enjoyed that money I was earning and set me up nicely afterwards. To be honest I thought the traffic in London has calmed down a hell of a lot since covid. I was down there Thurs and Fri and couldn't get over how little traffic compared to a few years ago there was.
robb.numero

Post by robb.numero »

lesnTamer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:51 pm
I know I enjoyed that money I was earning and set me up nicely afterwards. To be honest I thought the traffic in London has calmed down a hell of a lot since covid. I was down there Thurs and Fri and couldn't get over how little traffic compared to a few years ago there was.
traffic as been good last week as schools off..try this Thurs an Fri..it be back to normal lol
lesnTamer

Post by lesnTamer »

robb.numero wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:52 pm
lesnTamer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:51 pm

traffic as been good last week as schools off..try this Thurs an Fri..it be back to normal lol
I'll pass. 🤣

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”