Hi, I'm going around and around in circles with the 28 day record keeping at my company. I understand the 3 only

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
sariz_ally

Hi, I'm going around and around in circles with the 28 day record keeping at my company. I understand the 3 only

Post by sariz_ally »

Hi, I'm going around and around in circles with the 28 day record keeping at my company. I understand the 3 only legally accepted records are digital card, digital printout or analogue record. Where there seems to be confusion and where I'm not a 100% as it says b) making a manual record on a record sheet or print out paper.
I understood record sheet was analogue chart but they also have this in annex 3 but I though that was for domestic rules only?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou ... cord-sheet
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the company who analyse our tachos say that record sheet is analogue chart only.
Dalebber

Re: Hi, I'm going around and around in circles with the 28 day record keeping at my company. I understand the 3 only

Post by Dalebber »

chrini wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 pm You qualified for WHAT?
Well you’re a big help. Somebody asked for some help and advice and all you can you can do is come back with a sarcastic comment. So are we to assume you don’t know either?
richielte

Re: Hi, I'm going around and around in circles with the 28 day record keeping at my company. I understand the 3 only

Post by richielte »

Dalebber wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:30 pm
Well you’re a big help. Somebody asked for some help and advice and all you can you can do is come back with a sarcastic comment. So are we to assume you don’t know either?
Chrini knows it all, don't you know that 🤷🏼‍♂️ and that's why he's been but the question does need to be asked why someone that knows everything is on here in the first place 🤷🏼‍♂️
Maybe, he's made his millions and just wants to rip the 💩 out the lesser experienced that are here for some help and advice, or maybe he just needs his mum to wipe his dirty ar*e 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣
chrini

Post by chrini »

if your cpc etc are up to date and These questions would be necessary it makes a lot of people look if they don’t know anything yet we are to believe their qualified for the job yes I have O licence and all my cpc for next period all done by professional people not like these cheating people who pay the lecturer £400 and in a week get their cards so wrong hence they don’t know the rules and how to work it out apologise if this is not the case here
HurstBear

Post by HurstBear »

chrini wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:32 pm
if your cpc etc are up to date and These questions would be necessary it makes a lot of people look if they don’t know anything yet we are to believe their qualified for the job yes I have O licence and all my cpc for next period all done by professional people not like these cheating people who pay the lecturer £400 and in a week get their cards so wrong hence they don’t know the rules and how to work it out apologise if this is not the case here
what on earth does this even mean?
richielte

Post by richielte »

HurstBear wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:32 pm

what on earth does this even mean?
I was wondering exactly the same 🤷🏼‍♂️
You do wonder if we are all on the same planet at times 🙈🤣
Kingson

Post by Kingson »

rich that coming from a fella that has previous spouted incorrect information 🙂
JiggyCute

Post by JiggyCute »

"Record sheet" is the term used to describe an analogue chart under EU Drivers' Hours Regulations.
(See EU 165/2014, article 34)
Unless you are running under Domestic Regulations, it would be prudent to stick to this.
Important to remember that under the legislation itself, the records should ONLY be made via manual entry if a vehicle with a digital tachograph is being used.
The concession that allows a driver to submit those records by any other means is a dispensation granted by the DVSA, so would not apply if the driver was required to provide them to a foreign enforcement officer.
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

you are correct. The weekly record sheet is for domestic and is not acceptable fro EU Rules. The record sheet referred to in the EU Rules section refers to an analogue chart. Depending on your circumstances, an attestation letter may be another suitable recording method.
punkYoung

Post by punkYoung »

That does seem a total opposite of what we've been told. No different to keeping a diary as we did previously.
pligwort

Post by pligwort »

punkYoung wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 pm That does seem a total opposite of what we've been told. No different to keeping a diary as we did previously.
The diary is not acceptable. Told that by TC at a PI recently. I sympathise with you though, as I have the same problem.
punkYoung

Post by punkYoung »

pligwort wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 pm
punkYoung wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 pm That does seem a total opposite of what we've been told. No different to keeping a diary as we did previously.
The diary is not acceptable. Told that by TC at a PI recently. I sympathise with you though, as I have the same problem.
but that form is little more than a page of a diary.
tomoss

Post by tomoss »

punkYoung wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 pm
pligwort wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 pm
but that form is little more than a page of a diary.
I was talking to DVSA officer about this when he was taking a CPC course I was presenting and yes 'a diary' is not a recognised form of record keeping but would still recommend all drivers keep a diary. If a DVSA officer pulls you over and sees diary, card and all the required paperwork it shows you are serious about your record keeping, much better chance of getting away with a 'chat' if you can show you are serious about keeping your records.
tomoss

Post by tomoss »

John is correct, tachograph records are kept using the vehicle unit (tachograph), manual entries and, printouts with manual records written on the back or as John said the certificate of attestation (if allowed). There are a few different ways of doing the manual entries on the back of the printouts, if it would help I can send you some PPT slides showing you what they look like and a couple of links for tachograph simulators if you need to practice manual entries. Would be more than happy to. 👍
ray+exad

Post by ray+exad »

tomoss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:43 pm John is correct, tachograph records are kept using the vehicle unit (tachograph), manual entries and, printouts with manual records written on the back or as John said the certificate of attestation (if allowed). There are a few different ways of doing the manual entries on the back of the printouts, if it would help I can send you some PPT slides showing you what they look like and a couple of links for tachograph simulators if you need to practice manual entries. Would be more than happy to. 👍
hi, links to tachograph simulators would be very much appreciated. Cheers.
tomoss

Post by tomoss »

ray+exad wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 pm
tomoss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:43 pm John is correct, tachograph records are kept using the vehicle unit (tachograph), manual entries and, printouts with manual records written on the back or as John said the certificate of attestation (if allowed). There are a few different ways of doing the manual entries on the back of the printouts, if it would help I can send you some PPT slides showing you what they look like and a couple of links for tachograph simulators if you need to practice manual entries. Would be more than happy to. 👍
will do Ray, I'll get some sorted and sent to you.
ray+exad

Post by ray+exad »

tomoss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 pm
many thanks, much appreciated.
tomoss

Post by tomoss »

tomoss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 pm

many thanks, much appreciated.
Ray please find attached a WeTransfer link for a PPT about manual entries etc, the PPT includes some videos showing how manual entries are done and the links for the simulators and also info and link for the certificate of attestation. Hopefully useful
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/7242be ... 756/4a1a7c
sariz_ally

Post by sariz_ally »

many thanks, would be great if you could send some examples. I did send some through to my drivers but it's very unhelpful when the branch managers are then disputing the law. If you would be happy to send me some over that would be much appreciated.
tomoss

Post by tomoss »

sariz_ally wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 pm
many thanks, would be great if you could send some examples. I did send some through to my drivers but it's very unhelpful when the branch managers are then disputing the law. If you would be happy to send me some over that would be much appreciated.
I will do Sariz, I'll sort some out, probably tomorrow and send to you.
tomoss

Post by tomoss »

please find attached a WeTransfer link for a PPT about manual entries etc, the PPT includes some videos showing how manual entries are done and the links for the simulators and also info and link for the certificate of attestation. Hopefully useful
RobinTagz

Post by RobinTagz »

tomoss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:47 pm
please find attached a WeTransfer link for a PPT about manual entries etc, the PPT includes some videos showing how manual entries are done and the links for the simulators and also info and link for the certificate of attestation. Hopefully useful
would you be kind enough to send me the links for manual entries too please. Many thanks.
tomoss

Post by tomoss »

RobinTagz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 pm

would you be kind enough to send me the links for manual entries too please. Many thanks.
RobinTagz

Post by RobinTagz »

tomoss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 pm
RobinTagz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 pm

Thank you Tomoss appreciated
sariz_ally

Post by sariz_ally »

thanks so much, really appreciate your time and help
sariz_ally

Post by sariz_ally »

Appreciate everyone for your help. Have a few drivers that sometimes drive 3.5 or some that are mostly yard work but drive the odd time and the managers are arguing with me that they know better.
I knew there would be the same old how did you qualify etc but this forum can be extremely helpful, even if just wanting reassurance.
Kurisure

Post by Kurisure »

And your a transport manager 😂
Ask one of your drivers there more qualified than you by the looks of it.
daveXcaptain

Post by daveXcaptain »

Kurisure wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 pm And your a transport manager 😂
Ask one of your drivers there more qualified than you by the looks of it.
yup, like the other guy, i guess you've always known the answer to everything.
Better to ask the question if unsure or dont know then get it wrong.
KEINTRINP341

Post by KEINTRINP341 »

As a driver for meany years the law is very simple if you using tako you must record everything you do in a 24 hour period the same as you did on analogue discs I and have done for years at the end of day it end yes print in ytc yes and I do a print out every day put in an envelope and keep for 28 days then go in a plastic box in house and I've done it this way for years when I work for some coach company we handed them in went in a box with your name on it on a shelf next to all the other employees
barust2116

Post by barust2116 »

But if you use a logbook then go on to eu drivers rules don’t you need to have all records for the 28 days to show no gaps in your records?
Barryth

Post by Barryth »

Been in this game 50 years and everyday is a learning day, when in doubt check it out, it doesn't hurt to ask if you don't know or are unsure, unfortunately snow flakes are every where but don't let them put you off😉
red_will

Post by red_will »

and your a transport manager lol
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

A very interesting subject here. Do any of you allow your drivers to fill out their own attestation sheets and then you countersign them?
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

BillStill wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm A very interesting subject here. Do any of you allow your drivers to fill out their own attestation sheets and then you countersign them?
I have only really used it to cover Directors other activities. I would complete with them and we would both sign. Don’t think I would get a driver to complete it. And, I may be wrong here, but I am pretty sure it needs to be typed so maybe not all drivers could / would fill it out.
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

john.reffe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm
BillStill wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm A very interesting subject here. Do any of you allow your drivers to fill out their own attestation sheets and then you countersign them?
I have only really used it to cover Directors other activities. I would complete with them and we would both sign. Don’t think I would get a driver to complete it. And, I may be wrong here, but I am pretty sure it needs to be typed so maybe not all drivers could / would fill it out.
ok, so typed out, sent to the driver to DocuSign etc?
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

BillStill wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm
john.reffe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm
ok, so typed out, sent to the driver to DocuSign etc?
Yeah I suppose that would be an option. Not really used the docu sign thing myself but an option for some I suppose.
Sideshowspecial

Post by Sideshowspecial »

I am trying to find truckers that come through stortford on a120. Off stansted airport junction onto like Hertford or Chelmsford. Thanks 🙏🏻
Distributionist
First name: Ian
Surname: Riley
Phone: 07583184324
WhatsApp: 07583184324
E: [email protected]

Post by Distributionist »

Could I have a copy of your PPT slides please? The previous links have expired. Many thanks.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”