Tried to get a Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance for last 3 days can't even get a quote. What is

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
maciejaw

Tried to get a Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance for last 3 days can't even get a quote. What is

Post by maciejaw »

Tried to get a Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance for last 3 days can't even get a quote.
Hiscox, Simply Business all of them referred me to Ghalager who said can't do it either. What is so wrong with ETMs you can't insure it.
DAVILLON

Re: Tried to get a Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance for last 3 days can't even get a quote. What is

Post by DAVILLON »

Direct corporate risks .com is broker I used
maciejaw

Re: Tried to get a Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance for last 3 days can't even get a quote. What is

Post by maciejaw »

steverider wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:41 pm Mine is through simply business
transport consultant apparently doesn't really cover ETM, anyhow I have tried and been told no
karense

Post by karense »

Paying for the insurance and being covered in the event of a claim are not necessarily the same thing. I've been led to believe by other people that SB's transport consultant doesn't cut the mustard when stuff hits the fan
richielte

Post by richielte »

You will be insured as a transport consultant and that is a totally different role to an ETM.
I had this discussion with SB, Hiscoxs and many more, three years ago, and they said they only cover consultancy.
That is why I'm with RHA Insurance Services.
pligwort

Post by pligwort »

You, then, are probably not insured for what you do.
Elkabill

Post by Elkabill »

Paul Smith Associates is the broker I use for mine.
Sam Smith
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

Half the TM's know nothing. There is your answer, high risk!
karense

Post by karense »

BillStill wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:48 pm Half the TM's know nothing. There is your answer, high risk!
Who do you use Bill?
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

karense wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:49 pm
BillStill wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:48 pm Half the TM's know nothing. There is your answer, high risk!
Who do you use Bill?
I cant remember them Karenseee but it was arranged through a broker who sorts some of my clients all risks. I will look it up.
Jimg_Zoom

Post by Jimg_Zoom »

I use Eley insurance brokers in Colchester
richielte

Post by richielte »

RHA is the only company I would trust for insurance when you need cover as a ETM.
The companies mentioned on this post already, I'd be very surprised if it states on the policy, Transport Manager 🤷🏼‍♂️
As Bill has said, it's a very high risk role, so just ring RHA.
Not cheap, but you know you're covered!
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

richielte wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 pm RHA is the only company I would trust for insurance when you need cover as a ETM.
The companies mentioned on this post already, I'd be very surprised if it states on the policy, Transport Manager 🤷🏼‍♂️
the only thing with RHA it's members only, funny enough I enquired about membership once as was interested in TrueTac (or whatever RHA names it) ... and been totally ignored .. looks like I have to do it again
Johnlayer

Post by Johnlayer »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 pm
richielte wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 pm RHA is the only company I would trust for insurance when you need cover as a ETM.
the only thing with RHA it's members only, funny enough I enquired about membership once as was interested in TrueTac (or whatever RHA names it) ... and been totally ignored .. looks like I have to do it again
you don’t have to be a member, I’m with RHA after recommendation from Richielte
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

Johnlayer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:54 pm
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (134.29 KiB) Viewed 167 times
karense

Post by karense »

I emailed them about their "Xerxes" branded TruTac system (which I am very keen on). I got a nice, clear response via email within 24 hours, answering all my questions, and all without being an RHA member.
I suspect not all of their staff have the same idea of customer service, that is, assuming they DO have their own staff and aren't simply farming work out to third-party "facilitators", as seems to happen quite often these days (banking, for example).
Johnlayer

Post by Johnlayer »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm

contact Ryan
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (38.62 KiB) Viewed 163 times
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

Johnlayer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 pm

contact Ryan
will try
Johnlayer

Post by Johnlayer »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 pm
Johnlayer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 pm

contact Ryan
will try
tell Ryan that’s another drink he owes 🤣
richielte

Post by richielte »

You do not need to be a member of the RHA to use the RHA Insurance Services.
Telephone James Blea on 01905 675782/07787 299455 and tell him you've got his details off me and he will sort you out👍
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

richielte wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:58 pm
Telephone James Blea on 01905 675782/07787 299455 and tell him you've got his details off me and he will sort you out👍
thank you, I have emailed Mr Williams, if no joy I'll give James a call
JadeEver

Post by JadeEver »

karense wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm
I emailed them about their "Xerxes" branded TruTac system (which I am very keen on). I got a nice, clear response via email within 24 hours, answering all my questions, and all without being an RHA member.
I suspect not all of their staff have the same idea of customer service, that is, assuming they DO have their own staff and aren't simply farming work out to third-party "facilitators", as seems to happen quite often these days (banking, for example).
you don’t need to be an rha member to use rha analysis the same with insurance, I have no complaints from any non members I have recommended ever they have got the help and advice they were after without the sales line
karense

Post by karense »

JadeEver wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:59 pm
karense wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 pm

you don’t need to be an rha member to use rha analysis the same with insurance, I have no complaints from any non members I have recommended ever they have got the help and advice they were after without the sales line
It wasn't me that thought membership was required, that was
Maciejaw, I was just replying to them
jonnage355

Post by jonnage355 »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:58 pm

I’m not a member
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

jonnage355 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:00 pm

I’m not a member
went on their website and it says "Exclusive insurance for RHA members", but thanks to Johnlayer and Richielte already in touch with team member and waiting for quotes
jonnage355

Post by jonnage355 »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:01 pm
jonnage355 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:00 pm

I’m not a member
went on their website and it says "Exclusive insurance for RHA members", but thanks to Johnlayer and Richielte already in touch with team member and waiting for quotes
I think that another kind of extra you can get
JadeEver

Post by JadeEver »

pleased your getting a good service from the RHA insurance guys they are great even if your not an RHA member
richielte

Post by richielte »

JadeEver wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 pm
pleased your getting a good service from the RHA insurance guys they are great even if your not an RHA member
I have the the RHA Professional membership, but having this membership makes no difference to the quality of service offered by the RHA Insurance Services.
No membership is required and don't quote me on this, but I'm sure it is only labelled as RHA Insurance Services. I think it is actually run by a separate company.
JadeEver

Post by JadeEver »

richielte wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:03 pm
I have the the RHA Professional membership, but having this membership makes no difference to the quality of service offered by the RHA Insurance Services.
No membership is required and don't quote me on this, but I'm sure it is only labelled as RHA Insurance Services. I think it is actually run by a separate company.
spring briefings are open for booking too
richielte

Post by richielte »

JadeEver wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:03 pm

Thank you. I'll take a look👍
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

I would appreciate an introduction Jade as mine is running out in 3 months.
JadeEver

Post by JadeEver »

BillStill wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 pm

Liam Chatfield
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

JadeEver wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 pm
BillStill wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 pm

Liam Chatfield
Thank you Jade.
Jordani

Post by Jordani »

I’ve had a quote from the RHA and thought it was a lot of money so am interested to read these comments.
markroon

Post by markroon »

Jordani wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:05 pm I’ve had a quote from the RHA and thought it was a lot of money so am interested to read these comments.
What did they quote you out of interest?
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

markroon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:06 pm
Jordani wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:05 pm I’ve had a quote from the RHA and thought it was a lot of money so am interested to read these comments.
i don't want to give to much but it came less than £400 for ETM Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.
I hope I will never need it.
markroon

Post by markroon »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:06 pm
markroon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:06 pm
i don't want to give to much but it came less than £400 for ETM Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.
I hope I will never need it.
That’s not a bad price for all that… 👍
richielte

Post by richielte »

I pay around £600 and it covers me for everything I do and that's also me as a sole trader and a Ltd company.
I call that very reasonable for the level of cover I have🤷🏼‍♂️
Halera

Post by Halera »

Steven Zwinkels can help you
thomp4me

Post by thomp4me »

I used the RHA and they were actually quite reasonable with the price
karense

Post by karense »

One very annoying thing about RHA is that you are forced to phone them and speak to a "sales agent" going through a "script" 🙄 If I can insure my car for business purposes without needing to speak to an "agent" why can't I insure myself for business purposes in the same manner?
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

karense wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 pm One very annoying thing about RHA is that you are forced to phone them and speak to a "sales agent" going through a "script" 🙄 If I can insure my car for business purposes without needing to speak to an "agent" why can't I insure myself for business purposes in the same manner?
as anything you say can and will be used against you in case of claim, and yes they keep records
karense

Post by karense »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 pm
karense wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 pm One very annoying thing about RHA is that you are forced to phone them and speak to a "sales agent" going through a "script" 🙄 If I can insure my car for business purposes without needing to speak to an "agent" why can't I insure myself for business purposes in the same manner?
as anything you say can and will be used against you in case of claim, and yes they keep records
And that differs from car insurance... how?
Being untruthful in ANY insurance quotation renders you uninsured, which generally is only discovered at the point you actually need it, in which case you will bitterly regret being untruthful.
Just ask anyone who has ever wrongly answered "no" to those two, all important, motor insurance questions on every single policy ever:
1) have you been involved in any accident, regardless of blame, in the past five years?
2) have you ever been refused insurance or had an insurance policy cancelled?
liam_LL

Post by liam_LL »

Hi Karense, respectfully, this isn't the case. Professional Indemnity Insurance needs to be arranged by a specialist which is why you would be unable to obtain a quotation on go compare/compare the market etc as you would a simple car insurance. I can absolutely assure you, no Broker at RHA Insurance would be reading from any form of script and 90% of the ETM's that approach us for assistance, are insured on the completely wrong basis. This demonstrates even more so, the need to deal with experts in this field. You are more than welcome to contact the office on 0203 960 2944 if you require some professional assistance. Have a nice evening
karense

Post by karense »

liam_LL wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:11 pm
Hi Karense, respectfully, this isn't the case. Professional Indemnity Insurance needs to be arranged by a specialist which is why you would be unable to obtain a quotation on go compare/compare the market etc as you would a simple car insurance. I can absolutely assure you, no Broker at RHA Insurance would be reading from any form of script and 90% of the ETM's that approach us for assistance, are insured on the completely wrong basis. This demonstrates even more so, the need to deal with experts in this field. You are more than welcome to contact the office on 0203 960 2944 if you require some professional assistance. Have a nice evening
I did not say I expected to get a quote on "Go Compare" 🧐 Do try to read posts more attentively and then you would not misrepresent potential customers.
I said (or at least intimated) that if a website can be sufficiently "specialist" to quote my business motoring needs then I would expect someone to be capable of creating a "specialist" web interface to manage the task of quoting accurately for PL & PI too.
You have not identified yourself as being associated with RHA but I will conclude that to be true as you are quoting their phone number.
As for it not being a "script", to paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies "Well you would say that, wouldn't you?" (You may need to Google that, I suspect it is well before your time).
And, I've been around on this earth far too long to be "assured", absolutely or partially, by someone who has something to sell me. I was brought up in God's Country (Yorkshire) with its inherent financial acumen, or to quote the oft repeated words of my late father which have never steered me wrong: Caveat emptor!
That said, I am prepared, at some point, to put myself through the process of dealing with one of your associates, and if it does turn out to be the script I am imagining, I will no doubt treat your associate to some no-nonsense northern straight-talking.😎
cross-mello

Post by cross-mello »

Am having the exact same problem and a have been referred to Gallagher to what is going on????
JadeEver

Post by JadeEver »

Just a word of warning- lots of ETMs don’t have the correct insurance they will have insured you as a transport consultant not as an external transport manager - check your policies
maciejaw

Post by maciejaw »

I would like to say a big Thank You to Johnlayer and Richielte, Ryan sorted it all with no fuss and honestly extremely good price.
richielte

Post by richielte »

maciejaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:15 pm I would like to say a big Thank You to Johnlayer and Richielte, Ryan sorted it all with no fuss and honestly extremely good price.
I'm glad you hot sorted 👍
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

Richielte, who are RHA using to underwrite this insurance?
richielte

Post by richielte »

BillStill wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:17 pm Richielte, who are RHA using to underwrite this insurance?
I'll have to have a look as I think it did change on my last policy. It used to be Markel, I think 👍
thomp4me

Post by thomp4me »

richielte wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:17 pm
BillStill wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:17 pm Richielte, who are RHA using to underwrite this insurance?
I'll have to have a look as I think it did change on my last policy. It used to be Markel, I think 👍
Bill, think mine is through RHA using a company called Tokyo Martin HCC
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

When there is so little outlay to being an ETM, it’s foolish to skimp on one of the very few costs. In such a small insurance market, go for the best in terms of cover for when the poo hits the fan and that does seem to be RHA.
Agree that some will give cover but they fail if you ask the most basic Qs on what the risks are that ETM has.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”