Right here goes hopefully a quick 1 on wtd. Do you need second 15 break for next 6 n half. I would say not but my

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
tuTucardos

Re: Right here goes hopefully a quick 1 on wtd. Do you need second 15 break for next 6 n half. I would say not but my

Post by tuTucardos »

RohnBradel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 pm 15 minutes is a wtd break. Never work more than 6 hrs without a break. If you work between 6-9 hrs you must take a break / breaks totalling 30 minutes. If you work over 9 hrs you must take a break / breaks totalling 45 minutes. But remember NEVER work more than 6 hrs without taking a break
Your 2 nd break has to be 30mins minimum
RohnBradel

Re: Right here goes hopefully a quick 1 on wtd. Do you need second 15 break for next 6 n half. I would say not but my

Post by RohnBradel »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 pm
RohnBradel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 pm 15 minutes is a wtd break. Never work more than 6 hrs without a break. If you work between 6-9 hrs you must take a break / breaks totalling 30 minutes. If you work over 9 hrs you must take a break / breaks totalling 45 minutes. But remember NEVER work more than 6 hrs without taking a break
not for wtd break only for driving break
tuTucardos

Post by tuTucardos »

RohnBradel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:59 pm
sorry Rohn you are only allowed one 15mins break in any day
RohnBradel

Post by RohnBradel »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:59 pm

that's how Wincanton, dhl etc taught drivers when wtd came in to avoid getting driving infringements by only taking 15 wtd breaks. Look at page 3
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -rules.pdf
tuTucardos

Post by tuTucardos »

RohnBradel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm

that's how Wincanton, dhl etc taught drivers when wtd came in to avoid getting driving infringements by only taking 15 wtd breaks. Look at page 3
Hi Rohn they abandoned the 3x15mins breaks that’s the truth that’s why so many drivers get infringements check it with vosa
RohnBradel

Post by RohnBradel »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

Hi Rohn they abandoned the 3x15mins breaks that’s the truth that’s why so many drivers get infringements check it with vosa
that's news to me, will check it out. Thanks
harrill

Post by harrill »

RohnBradel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

you're wasting your time with him.
harrill

Post by harrill »

RohnBradel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

WTD
Attachments
WTD.jpg
WTD.jpg (106.75 KiB) Viewed 169 times
bonji2364

Post by bonji2364 »

wrong!
Sykes6

Post by Sykes6 »

The rule is very very simple
You CANNOT work for more than 6 hours without a 15m break. For example, if you were on hammers for 6 hours you MUST take a 15m break.
If you've driven for 4.5hrs and you take your 45, that covers you for the wtd 6 hour rule.
PaLunatic

Post by PaLunatic »

It seems to me that a lot of people seem to be mixing WTD with Tacho regulations !!! 😳😳😳
Shauniv

Post by Shauniv »

PaLunatic wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 pm It seems to me that a lot of people seem to be mixing WTD with Tacho regulations !!! 😳😳😳
ALWAYS happens 🤔
bonji2364

Post by bonji2364 »

You can never work over 6 hours in one go
Messar-JD

Post by Messar-JD »

Lmfao at all this 5.59 bollox ,,,,, 6 hours is 6.00 👍
jobplan

Post by jobplan »

Yes, you needed a 15 minute break at the 12 hour mark.
Why?
Because your first 45 covered you for your whole shift PROVIDED you don't work for more than 6 hours without a 15 minute break.
brya

Post by brya »

HOPE THIS HELPS max 6 hrs 15 min break 6-9 hours 30 min break 9+ hours 45 min break total work time 48hours max / avg over 17 weeks
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (130.65 KiB) Viewed 158 times
tuTucardos

Post by tuTucardos »

brya wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 pm HOPE THIS HELPS max 6 hrs 15 min break 6-9 hours 30 min break 9+ hours 45 min break total work time 48hours max / avg over 17 weeks
exactly
thwell

Post by thwell »

Shouldn't even be dealing with the WTD anymore in my opinion, it was a European load of crap to f@k up drivers, we not in eu now so should be scrapped
farrepo

Post by farrepo »

thwell wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:17 pm Shouldn't even be dealing with the WTD anymore in my opinion, it was a European load of crap to f@k up drivers, we not in eu now so should be scrapped
so 15 hour shift with no break required if not more than 4.5 driving?
thwell

Post by thwell »

farrepo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm
thwell wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:17 pm Shouldn't even be dealing with the WTD anymore in my opinion, it was a European load of crap to f@k up drivers, we not in eu now so should be scrapped
never known anyone doing a straight through 15hr shift always had breaks somewhere along the line, the WTD, was just another additive to fine people for not taking a break when they want you to, control again at its best. We managed fine before it.
farrepo

Post by farrepo »

thwell wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:19 pm
never known anyone doing a straight through 15hr shift always had breaks somewhere along the line, the WTD, was just another additive to fine people for not taking a break when they want you to, control again at its best. We managed fine before it.
Really, I've known loads do it, myself included, I'm not gonna lie.
Not all jobs do a lot of driving, I often don't do more than 4.5 in a shift, so previously didn't need a break legally, I don't see why you've got the hump because a rule is saying you can't work more than 6 hours without a 15 min break, and depending on the amount of working time in a shift, if you need a break you'll need either 30 or 45 in total.
Super simple, despite being misunderstood by many, super flexible, you can have it when you want with the only restriction is you can't work more than 6 hours at any point without a 15.
If you're going to drive more than 4.5 in a shift, like most do, then you'll tick the total required for any shift, so all you need to get your head around is don't work more than 6 hours at any point without a 15.
I don't feel controlled, if managed fine before it was being legal to do a 15 hour shift with no break if you drove less than 4.5, then I don't really think that's fine or a good idea, despite actually doing it when it suited, I can look at it objectively.
Oh yeah, near forgot, you can worry no more, there are no fines listed in the enforcement sanctions policy for a breach of the WTD and no one has been fined. Although it can and has had repercussions on companies if it's found there's a blatant disregard for it.
thwell

Post by thwell »

farrepo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:19 pm

Not all jobs do a lot of driving, I often don't do more than 4.5 in a shift, so previously didn't need a break legally, I don't see why you've got the hump because a rule is saying you can't work more than 6 hours without a 15 min break, and depending on the amount of working time in a shift, if you need a break you'll need either 30 or 45 in total.
Super simple, despite being misunderstood by many, super flexible, you can have it when you want with the only restriction is you can't work more than 6 hours at any point without a 15.
If you're going to drive more than 4.5 in a shift, like most do, then you'll tick the total required for any shift, so all you need to get your head around is don't work more than 6 hours at any point without a 15.
I don't feel controlled, if managed fine before it was being legal to do a 15 hour shift with no break if you drove less than 4.5, then I don't really think that's fine or a good idea, despite actually doing it when it suited, I can look at it objectively.
Oh yeah, near forgot, you can worry no more, there are no fines listed in the enforcement sanctions policy for a breach of the WTD and no one has been fined. Although it can and has had repercussions on companies if it's found there's a blatant disregard for it.
and many a time its just over 6 hrs when you take that break, hence aptly timed to catch people out, or perfect timing on their part, dunno why you getting the hump, jobs worth maybe?
farrepo

Post by farrepo »

thwell wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 pm

and many a time its just over 6 hrs when you take that break, hence aptly timed to catch people out, or perfect timing on their part, dunno why you getting the hump, jobs worth maybe?
just like you always stop for a 45 just over 4.5? Thought not, come on, you can work it out.
There's a line, doesn't matter where it is, there's always gonna be times you want a bit more, I don't think saying you can't work more than 6 hours without a 15 is that restrictive. If it was about catching out the ones not smart enough to stop for a 15 before working more than 6 Hours, then surely they'd start fining for it? But like I said, they don't.
No hump here, do many jobs worth's say they've done 15 hours without a break?
thwell

Post by thwell »

farrepo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:23 pm

just like you always stop for a 45 just over 4.5? Thought not, come on, you can work it out.
There's a line, doesn't matter where it is, there's always gonna be times you want a bit more, I don't think saying you can't work more than 6 hours without a 15 is that restrictive. If it was about catching out the ones not smart enough to stop for a 15 before working more than 6 Hours, then surely they'd start fining for it? But like I said, they don't.
🥱
farrepo

Post by farrepo »

thwell wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:24 pm
farrepo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:23 pm

🥱
great reply, I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not
li1enrovi

Post by li1enrovi »

you are full of bs, it’s protecting us from putting more work on us as our shifts are restricted to 13 hrs from clock in at work, plus 3 extension if needed. You push to much and often employers put more work on us. And I bet you are one blaming EU drivers, when you, British, like to shoot in your foot
thwell

Post by thwell »

li1enrovi wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 pm
you are full of bs, it’s protecting us from putting more work on us as our shifts are restricted to 13 hrs from clock in at work, plus 3 extension if needed. You push to much and often employers put more work on us. And I bet you are one blaming EU drivers, when you, British, like to shoot in your foot
your full of 🐃💩 just leave and get a job that your happy with the hours
li1enrovi

Post by li1enrovi »

thwell wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 pm
li1enrovi wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 pm
your full of 🐃💩 just leave and get a job that your happy with the hours
why would I leave if my basic pay as class 1 driver close to 50k? Not working for pennies
Shauniv

Post by Shauniv »

Some of these responses have got to be a wind up?
Anhander

Post by Anhander »

If your company are telling you to take another break, then take one. After all, they're paying!
Shauniv

Post by Shauniv »

you can't work more than 6 hours without a break. Plain and simple doesn't matter how long your first break is if at any point you're going to be working over 6 hours then a break must be taken.
Working over 6 hours you need a 30 minute break but at least 15 of those minutes MUST be before the 6 hour point. If working over 9 hours breaks adding upto 45 minutes must be taken but still at least 15 of those minutes MUST be taken before reaching the 6 hour point. After your break (even if your break was 3 hours) if you are going to be working more than 6 hours, then a further 15 minute break MUST be taken.
ALL breaks can be done in at least 15 minute sessions as long as they accumulate up to the final break required for the WTD.
roxtyne

Post by roxtyne »

Shauniv wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 pm you can't work more than 6 hours without a break. Plain and simple doesn't matter how long your first break is if at any point you're going to be working over 6 hours then a break must be taken.
Working over 6 hours you need a 30 minute break but at least 15 of those minutes MUST be before the 6 hour point. If working over 9 hours breaks adding upto 45 minutes must be taken but still at least 15 of those minutes MUST be taken before reaching the 6 hour point. After your break (even if your break was 3 hours) if you are going to be working more than 6 hours, then a further 15 minute break MUST be taken.
ALL breaks can be done in at least 15 minute sessions as long as they accumulate up to the final break required for the WTD.
what you need is to take Six hour's break in an eight hours day just like the public servants do. 😂
Shauniv

Post by Shauniv »

roxtyne wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 pm
Shauniv wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 pm you can't work more than 6 hours without a break. Plain and simple doesn't matter how long your first break is if at any point you're going to be working over 6 hours then a break must be taken.
what you need is to take Six hour's break in an eight hours day just like the public servants do. 😂
8 hour day? That would be lovely 😂 I try to have 11 hours rest in my 12/13 hour day. It suits me fine.
roxtyne

Post by roxtyne »

Shauniv wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm
roxtyne wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 pm
8 hour day? That would be lovely 😂 I try to have 11 hours rest in my 12/13 hour day. It suits me fine.
So if you work a nine hours day The wtd make you stay at work for nine hours and 45 minutes 😂⁉️ 🤔 Making you more missed by your kids.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:20 am Right here goes hopefully a quick 1 on wtd.
So 6 hours working time. 15 break but you have 45. Then 6 1/2 working time so 12n half hour shift with both working and driving. Do you need second 15 break for next 6 n half. I would say not but my company says yes.
You cannot work more than 6 hrs without taking a break. That is literally (from memory) one of the first things it states in the WTD quick guide. You could take 15 mins on or just before 6hrs plus 30 mins on or just before 12hrs and you'd be fine.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

CoullsTwo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 pm
Jrba wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 pm
CoullsTwo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 pm

and the original post did 12.5h... which is atleast 2 periods of rest regardless & in the real world no one works all the way to the limit, which would again increase the need for a second rest
the last part of that doesn't make any sense at all. 6 hours work is 6 hours work, whether you do that in 6 hours or 12, it's still 6 hours work.
And if he knew his total working time was going to exceed 9 hours then he doesn't need to take a second break before 9 hours, because there is no 9 hour rule.
start at 6am. Have your break at 1145 (because real world no one works all the way to the limit) if you have your 2nd break at 1800 "because 6 hours is 6 hours" you have an infringement. There is a 9 hour rule, it's right there on the screen shot, directly from a government pdf....
No idea what you are wittering on about, I suspect you don't either. The "9hr hour rule" ONLY applies if your shift is not going to exceed 9hrs (then you need to have 30 mins worth of breaks) If your shift is going to exceed 9 hours, then you need 45 mins worth of breaks. This 45 minutes can be split anyway you wish, as long as YOU don't work more than 6 hours without taking a break. So legally he can take a 15 min break bang on 6 hrs or just before and take a 30 min break or 2 minutes anytime after 9hrs but before 12hrs... that is legal. He could also take 20 minutes at 6hrs and 25 mins between 9 and 12 hrs.

You clearly have no understanding of the WTD regulations as printed on the gov website.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

Jrba wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 pm
Jrba wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 pm

the last part of that doesn't make any sense at all. 6 hours work is 6 hours work, whether you do that in 6 hours or 12, it's still 6 hours work.
And if he knew his total working time was going to exceed 9 hours then he doesn't need to take a second break before 9 hours, because there is no 9 hour rule.
start at 6am. Have your break at 1145 (because real world no one works all the way to the limit) if you have your 2nd break at 1800 "because 6 hours is 6 hours" you have an infringement. There is a 9 hour rule, it's right there on the screen shot, directly from a government pdf....
6 hours is NOT an infringement, 6.01 is.
The only time you need a further break before 9 hours is if YOU KNOW your working time will end between 6-9 hours.
If you know you're going to exceed 9 hours then your next break isn't legally required until 6 of working time after your last break, or you hit 4.5 hours driving first.
Bang on.

Some people's comprehension level hasn't risen beyond Dick and Dora in primary school.
He struggles to read the sentence about 6-9 hrs in the context of the whole section. He believes it's standalone in some way,
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

CoullsTwo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 pm
Jrba wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 pm

6 hours is NOT an infringement, 6.01 is.
The only time you need a further break before 9 hours is if YOU KNOW your working time will end between 6-9 hours.
If you know you're going to exceed 9 hours then your next break isn't legally required until 6 of working time after your last break, or you hit 4.5 hours driving first.
yeah I didn't explain that last 1 vert well. But no, if you know your shift ends before 9 hours then you do not need another break. The 15 will do just fine lol and like I said originally another break is needed knowing you'll go over 9 (again 15 would suffice but 30 will reset the drive time)
You went from being correct to wrong. If you take 15mins on or before 6hrs work and your shift exceeds 6hrs work but finishes before 9hrs work you are required to take another 15. Or take a 30 minute at 6hrs or just before.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

chuyear45 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 pm
Jrba wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 pm
CoullsTwo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 pm

no, 15 first then a 30
that's tacho regs, not WTD.
gotta love the good old imaginary 9 hour rule 😂
It's not imaginary if you work between 6 and 9hrs in total... you need 30 mins worth of breaks either 2 x 15 or one 30 min,
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

jeandspo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 pm
tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:47 pm
jeandspo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:47 pm

no it’s not. Only required to have 30 between 6-9 if that’s his total working time.
thanks just proved my point .
Look at where it says “ working between 6-9 TOTAL
But the original poster is not working BETWEEN 6-9 hours total, that is not his TOTAL working time... it's 12hrs 30mins according to him,he,she,they,ze,zip, so that rule is TOTALLY irrelevant.

The only rules that apply are

You cannot work more than 6hrs without taking a break.
breaks must be a min of 15mins
and you must have breaks totalling 45 minutes as you are EXCEEDING 9hours in total
Last edited by OAP Trucker on Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 pm
jeandspo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 pm
tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:47 pm

thanks just proved my point .
Look at where it says “ working between 6-9 TOTAL
I know where your coming from what lgv1 drivers job only does 9 hrs total day it’s a grey area. Your second break cannot be 15 mins anymore that’s all I’m saying
You are mixing up DRIVING HOUR regulations v WTD regulations. You can take your breaks in WTD in any amount (15 or more) in any order. I'm assuming the original poster did have driving time in that 6hrs (unless it was a hypothetical question to his bosses) as he was using the 45 mins to reset driving time... but that's not what he has said/asked... he's only asking about WTD.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 pm
jeandspo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm
tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 pm

I’m not arguing but on a typical full days work your second break has to be 1/2 hour
not for wtd it doesn’t.
it’s changed you must have 15mins break upto 6 hrs agreed ? You then could have another 15 mins before you hit 9 hrs well they changed it to 1/2 hr
No, that's not what it says at all. There no rule about having 15mins up to 6hrs, there nothing at all. Read the whole thing and read everything in context to the entire section.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 pm
jeandspo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm

not for wtd it doesn’t.
it’s changed you must have 15mins break upto 6 hrs agreed ? You then could have another 15 mins before you hit 9 hrs well they changed it to 1/2 hr
up to 6 hours no break is required.. don't need a second 15 by 9 hours or 30 min either if working longer than that.
I'm amazed at how many cannot grasp that. It couldn't be any clearer. I'm also amazed that anyone would be doing 6hrs work without a break for driving time, lunch, dinner, breakfast or just a cup of coffee... Wouldn't be me.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

OAP Trucker wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:28 pm
harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 pm

up to 6 hours no break is required.. don't need a second 15 by 9 hours or 30 min either if working longer than that.
I'm amazed at how many cannot grasp that. It couldn't be any clearer. I'm also amazed that anyone would be doing 6hrs work without a break for driving time, lunch, dinner, breakfast or just a cup of coffee... Wouldn't be me. (Edit unless it benefited me, getting back early, getting a load tipped/loaded at the end of the day before parking up for the night and it's earning me a bonus)
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

ponyon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 pm
Jrba wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 pm
ponyon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 pm

nope. For working between 6-9 hours you need a 30 min break.
only if your working time ends between 6-9 hours, otherwise no further breaks are required until you hit 12 hours working time or 4.5 hours driving.
that’s right and he is working 6.5 hours so it falls between 6-9 hours.
Also finishing shift at 6.5 hours doesn’t count as a second 15 min break.
Stop, that's not how your TOTAL for the day/shift/duty works ...

His total for the day is 12 hours and 30 mins, therefore he's required to take 45 minutes worth of breaks in total, a break must be 15mins and he cannot work more than 6 hours without taking a break. That is it. He can take a 15/15/15 and 15/30 or a 20/25, 19/26, 27/18 etc, etc as long as he does not exceed 6 hours between any break.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

Robsequ wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:43 pm Don't know why people have to confuse it. I get deducted a 45 so I take a 45 minute break after 6 hours and that resets everything
You're still required to take a break on or before the next 6hrs expires, if you are exceeding 12 hrs. So that doesn't work if you do a 12 hour 30 min work shift
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:46 pm You now can only have the 1st break 15 mins upto 6 hrs next break must be 1/2 hr
Wrong, totally.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm
harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 pm
tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:46 pm You now can only have the 1st break 15 mins upto 6 hrs next break must be 1/2 hr
no it isn't 30 minutes.
that’s what I said 30
Mins. You are only allowed one 15 mins break that can only be your 1st break the rest must be at least 30mins agreed
WTD is NOT subject to driving hours regs.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 pm
jeandspo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm

your not reading what I’ve put !! You cannot have more than one 15 mins break period. If only doing 9 hrs total it must be either 15 mins before 6 hrs or 30 mins before 6 hrs
your not reading what everyone else is telling you.
Wtd if doing 9 hrs total 2x15 will cover wtd
Or if exceeded 9 hrs 3x 15 wtd
absolutely wrong you need to do your homework mate check with vosa
He's absolutely correct, there's no requirement to take any break over 15mins in the WTD rules.

You're the one mixing and matching regulations.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 pm
harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 pm

that’s what I said 30
Mins. You are only allowed one 15 mins break that can only be your 1st break the rest must be at least 30mins agreed
this is legal
6 hours work
15 min break
6 hours work
15 min break
2h14min work
15 min break
1 min work then finish
Me dad said don’t argue with idiots 🤣🤣we’ll just spoke to me transport manager and says the 3x15mins breaks are finished. I’ve looked on the web none seems to be updated with the latest rules so it agrees with you lot. Mates of mine works at air products you cannot on a regular basis have infringements he agrees with me. Then other mates agree with you lot 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️ I never get infringements so I’m sticking to my rules👍👍see you guys later 👍👍
A long winded way of saying "I fucked it up, I'm wrong, I'm sorry"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

Shauniv wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 pm
GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 pm Cannot work for more than 6 hours without a break. A break should last a minimum of 15 minutes
30 minute break if working between 6 and 9 hours in total.
After working for 6 hours a mobile worker must take a break of 15 minutes. However, if working between 6 and up to 9 hours in a shift a mobile worker must take a break totalling a minimum of 30 minutes, this can be made up of two breaks of 15 minutes.
45 minute break if working more than 9 hours in total. If a shift contains more than 9 hours of working time a break period totalling 45 minutes is required.
So you've answered your own question... Cannot work more than 6 hours without a break. What's hard to understand? Should have taken a break in the afternoon as you worked over 6 hours 🤣😂
It's literally the first rule/instruction as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 pm Cheers for reply’s. Sadly I’m no further forward. If you take 45 min break in a day that should cover you for the full day. 45 minutes for over 9 hours. I no it’s only 15 minute however I’m getting there infringements in yard fuelling and de kitting again out of scope but still other work and I always do manual enter till time I walk out gate.
How can you be no further forward. 45 minutes does not cover you the entire day when you take it in one chunk on the 6 hrs mark. It only covers you if you do not exceed 12hrs total. 12hrs and 1 minute is an infringement, never mind 12 hrs 30 mins, which is 6hrs and 30mins after your last break You cannot exceed 6hrs between breaks, how hard is that to understand?
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:59 pm
harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 pm
GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 pm Cheers for reply’s. Sadly I’m no further forward. If you take 45 min break in a day that should cover you for the full day. 45 minutes for over 9 hours. I no it’s only 15 minute however I’m getting there infringements in yard fuelling and de kitting again out of scope but still other work and I always do manual enter till time I walk out gate.
even if you take a 45 minute break in the day you still need a 15 minute again if you work another 6 hours.
there is no rule I can find for second 6 hour break. It’s like everything’s Tacho related 24 hour day. I’m not causing a argument I’ve been using Tacho for over 20 years and I’m fairly up on rules but this 1 got me big time. I honestly don’t think it resets after 9 hours over break in 24 hour period. It’s 45 min break for full 24 hour period. It can’t work other wise. 15 hour days would be spent mostly on break ha ha.
You can't be that thick... folk have pointed it out to you. YOU CANNOT WORK MORE THAN 6HRS WITHOUT a BREAK it doesn't matter whether it's the first 6 hours or second. It's a period of time ... 6 hours.

You have to be trolling. :lol: :lol: :lol:
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

jeandspo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm
GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 pm
harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:00 pm

Are you on a wind up? Because the RT(WT)R is very clear and simple.
Yes it is very clear I agree. 45 min break for any shift over 9 hours is required
you need to read up on rules again.
Don’t know where you get this “ first 6 hour from”
He's absolutely convincing as stupid, despite the fact he's trolling,
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

Stewer.Gibb wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 pm You can't work over 6hrs (5:59) without a break of at least 15 mins.
You can't work over 6hrs (6:00) without a break of at least 15 mins.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

tuTucardos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:38 pm
farrepo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm There's 2 parts to the wtd breaks.
1. The 6 hour rule
you can't work more than 6 hours at any point without a 15 min break, a break of 15 or more allows you to work upto another 6 hours before needing another 15 min break. This works the same as driving 4.5 hours and a 45. (Only driving and other work count as working time)
2. The total break
This is dependent on the total amount of working time in the shift, only driving and other work count as working time for the wtd.
0-6 hours of working time = 0 break required
Over 6 but not over 9 = 30 mins of break/s
Over 9 = 45 mins of break/s required.
A shift can only be have 1 of the 3 apply, so ignore the other 2
Breaks can be taken anywhere in the shift to count towards the total required, except the very beginning or end of the shift, so each break must have at least 1 min of work either side of it and they must be at least 15 mins long to count.
The 6 - 9 and 9+ are purely used to determine how much break is required in total and are nothing to do with when any breaks are required.
So anyone who drives over 4.5 hours in a shift will have a 45 for that and tick the total break box for any shift, so all they'll need to worry about is the 6 hour rule.
These are extreme examples
of what is legal
Work 6
Break 15
Work 6
Break 15
Work 2:14
Break 15
Work 1 min
Work 6
Break 25
Work 6
Break 20
Work 2:15
Work 2
Poa 11
Work 2
your wrong you cannot have 2 x 15 mins breaks
Still fucking it up... yes you can WTD working hours are not subject to drivers hours rules.

Work (other) 6
Break 15
Work (other) 4
Work (driving) 2
Break 15
Work (driving) 2:14
Break 15
Work (other) 1 min

Is perfectly legal, I suggest you give up because you and your TM are dummies.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 pm How the f some of you lot have a licence is beyond me.
I suspect that none of them do tramping and ensure they get the maximum loads in per day... Easy shifts from depot to depot/shop/trailer drop/swap.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:45 pm
harrill wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:44 pm
GliGarlance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:43 pm

I’ve had a license more than 20 years and I’m telling you your wrong. Again I’ve come from before digi and before wtd. I’m sure the soft ware folk are using is resetting it causing said infringements but it’s wrong. There is only 1 24 hour day and nothing resets till after daily rest period has been taken. there is no reset button on 24 hour day. I’m getting infringements walking through yard to my car as I don’t technically finish until I walk through gate.
look the rules are very clear YOU CAN'T WORK MORE THAN 6 HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK
they are very clear indeed. And it’s also very clear that if you work over 9 hours it’s 45 min for whole day. Simples. Just leave it at that. I’ll sort it myself
Ok, I need to know if you're fishing or you really are that thick... nowhere does it state 45 mins covers you for the whole day taken in one chunk. 45 minute only covers you, if it's taken at the correct time. You cannot have a time period that exceeds 6hrs without taking a break. You can't sort anything on your own, I suspect your mum still ties your bootlaces before you leave for work...
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

wrong
You are, consistently.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

Sykes6 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:08 pm The rule is very very simple
You CANNOT work for more than 6 hours without a 15m break. For example, if you were on hammers for 6 hours you MUST take a 15m break.
If you've driven for 4.5hrs and you take your 45, that covers you for the wtd 6 hour rule.
If I'm on hammers for 6 hrs, I'm looking for a new job...
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

He's hasn't really thought it through....
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

Excellent post, great point and well put.
OAP Trucker

Post by OAP Trucker »

Shauniv wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 pm Some of these responses have got to be a wind up?
The original poster has to be on a wind up. Nobody can be that thick, hard to tell though as he does stupid very convincingly.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”