Hi there, anybody done anything with an ex megabus? Or are they too big? I am considering buying one to live in full

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
martum_ace

Hi there, anybody done anything with an ex megabus? Or are they too big? I am considering buying one to live in full

Post by martum_ace »

Hi there, anybody done anything with an ex megabus? Or are they too big? I am considering buying one to live in full time.
faul0ence

Re: Hi there, anybody done anything with an ex megabus? Or are they too big? I am considering buying one to live in full

Post by faul0ence »

The deckers are very popular but be aware of low ceiling heights, not great for people much over 6 feet.
martum_ace

Re: Hi there, anybody done anything with an ex megabus? Or are they too big? I am considering buying one to live in full

Post by martum_ace »

faul0ence wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm The deckers are very popular but be aware of low ceiling heights, not great for people much over 6 feet.
fortunately im 5:10 🤪
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

faul0ence wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm The deckers are very popular but be aware of low ceiling heights, not great for people much over 6 feet.
am just running things through my head, I’m impressed with the kit and layout of the mega bus, looking at a vanhool tdx 29, Daf engined, any advice is very welcome 😁
faul0ence

Post by faul0ence »

martum_ace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm
am just running things through my head, I’m impressed with the kit and layout of the mega bus, looking at a vanhool tdx 29, Daf engined, any advice is very welcome 😁
great bus, but have a good look at the suspension and frame, they can be prone to rust.
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

faul0ence wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm
great bus, but have a good look at the suspension and frame, they can be prone to rust.
thank you, I intend to take our fitter with me to view it, I drive trucks for a living, hopefully he will spot anything untoward, and there’s a choice of 7 all the same 😁 although I have my class 1 / c+e I would like to know if it could be driven on a car licence after seats are removed , any ideas?
faul0ence

Post by faul0ence »

martum_ace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

thank you, I intend to take our fitter with me to view it, I drive trucks for a living, hopefully he will spot anything untoward, and there’s a choice of 7 all the same 😁 although I have my class 1 / c+e I would like to know if it could be driven on a car licence after seats are removed , any ideas?
no, it will need a class 2, so your class 1 will cover it.
Gra-greeden

Post by Gra-greeden »

The deckers are all 4m height so very low internally on both decks. Mileages upto 2m kms average. We still run a 2012 Van Hool TD927 that’s done 1.7m km ex Megabus. Euro 5 unless the later 14 plate onwards (TDX). There were some sleeper ones recently advertised, which had a much lower seating capacity and therefore cheaper.
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

Gra-greeden wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 pm The deckers are all 4m height so very low internally on both decks. Mileages upto 2m kms average. We still run a 2012 Van Hool TD927 that’s done 1.7m km ex Megabus. Euro 5 unless the later 14 plate onwards (TDX). There were some sleeper ones recently advertised, which had a much lower seating capacity and therefore cheaper.
I believe these will be the ones I’m looking at, the sleepers 👍
Gra-greeden

Post by Gra-greeden »

martum_ace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm
Gra-greeden wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 pm The deckers are all 4m height so very low internally on both decks. Mileages upto 2m kms average. We still run a 2012 Van Hool TD927 that’s done 1.7m km ex Megabus. Euro 5 unless the later 14 plate onwards (TDX). There were some sleeper ones recently advertised, which had a much lower seating capacity and therefore cheaper.
we’re withdrawn at the start of covid so been sitting around a while.
LimnDeinb

Post by LimnDeinb »

I have a2014 mega decker needs engine overhaul for sale £12000
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

LimnDeinb wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 pm
I have a2014 mega decker needs engine overhaul for sale £12000
any pics?
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

Attachments
1Picture.jpg
1Picture.jpg (19.86 KiB) Viewed 68 times
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

Attachments
2Picture.jpg
2Picture.jpg (21.85 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Mattee

Post by Mattee »

Message me pal.. I can help you..
Paulyer

Post by Paulyer »

I'm converting a 12m 55 seat Volvo. Living in it most of the time while I do the work
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

Paulyer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 pm I'm converting a 12m 55 seat Volvo. Living in it most of the time while I do the work
any pics Paulyer?
Paulyer

Post by Paulyer »

martum_ace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 pm
Paulyer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 pm I'm converting a 12m 55 seat Volvo. Living in it most of the time while I do the work
any pics Paulyer?
Here
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (157.8 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Paulyer

Post by Paulyer »

any pics Paulyer?
Kitchen and living room are mostly done. Bathroom being done at present then bedrooms will be finished.
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

Paulyer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 pm
any pics Paulyer?
Kitchen and living room are mostly done. Bathroom being done at present then bedrooms will be finished.
I think that’s the way I will go if it happens, the good thing about the sleepers is, I could virtually live in one straight from buying it 👍
martum_ace

Post by martum_ace »

any pics Paulyer?
Another question for the knowledgeable amongst you guys, could I tax a mega bus conversion as plg?
Paulyer

Post by Paulyer »

martum_ace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 pm

any pics Paulyer?
Another question for the knowledgeable amongst you guys, could I tax a mega bus conversion as plg?
not sure, trying to convert mine to phgv.
FENDIANEL

Post by FENDIANEL »

These go cheap and lots of storage underneath. And will blend in on the land better
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (68.33 KiB) Viewed 54 times
FENDIANEL

Post by FENDIANEL »

Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (217.3 KiB) Viewed 54 times
FENDIANEL

Post by FENDIANEL »

Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (207.58 KiB) Viewed 54 times
FENDIANEL

Post by FENDIANEL »

Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (262.32 KiB) Viewed 54 times
NikGazer

Post by NikGazer »

faul0ence wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 pm
martum_ace wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

no, it will need a class 2, so your class 1 will cover it.
No guaranteed, sleepers are usually over 12m long, hgv licence covers upto 12m, anything over requires a bus licence.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”