We want to send a trailer to Europe unaccompanied, I remember you need to apply to DVSA?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Le12apr21

We want to send a trailer to Europe unaccompanied, I remember you need to apply to DVSA?

Post by Le12apr21 »

We want to send a trailer to Europe unaccompanied, I remember you need to apply to DVSA? to get a registration for it. Has anyone got any more information / details on how to do it?
If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]
Le12apr21

Re: We want to send a trailer to Europe unaccompanied, I remember you need to apply to DVSA?

Post by Le12apr21 »

https://www.gov.uk/register-trailer-to-take-abroad
Just follow the steps

Thanks, hoped it was that simple

It’s very simple to do will take you 5 mins, it will take you longer to find someone to make a reg plate with an extra digit in it

It’s not easier just to load it in to a European truck looking for a back load home? Saves all the hassles of damaged drop trailers on the docks, trailers going missing etc

That’s what we’ve done for years. But new customs regs they’re being held up left right and centre at the moment. One load sat on the docks 3 weeks so far.

Are there any less delays for shipping unaccompanied?

no but no driver sat there waiting. Most hauliers won’t drop trailer and leave it. Believe me, not a decision we’ve taken lightly

fair enough, it’s very easy to do just fill in form and send off,
Or rent a trailer that’s all ready registered to keep your own trailers available on pool not at the docks

It is really simple to do through the link. We had loads of damage sending our trailer out unaccompanied though, so only send them accompanied now

Which port? It does make a difference 🙂
If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”