Today I heard of some operators who have fitted equipment, in readiness for DVS ... to OLDER vehicles in their fleet!

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Le12apr21

Today I heard of some operators who have fitted equipment, in readiness for DVS ... to OLDER vehicles in their fleet!

Post by Le12apr21 »

Servicing London? Today I heard of some operators who have fitted equipment, in readiness for DVS ... to OLDER vehicles in their fleet! Remember the low emission zone tightens to Euro VI at the same time as the DVS commences. Operators need to be Euro VI and DVS compliant to deliver in Greater London without a charge or penalty from 1st of March.
If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]
Le12apr21

Re: Today I heard of some operators who have fitted equipment, in readiness for DVS ... to OLDER vehicles in their fleet

Post by Le12apr21 »

we did that with 1 vehicle so lesson learnt🤦‍♂️

At present I’m in negotiations with my operators lease company as one vehicle isn’t lez compliant, the lease company reckon they have a letter from TFL giving them a 90 extension, asked for a copy, still waiting!! Can see an extension for DVS on TFL website but not Lez, anyone heard of it or are they trying to blag it

there is an extension if they are retrofitting a system to make it compliant with the lez. LEZ retrofit grace period starts about halfway down the page
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-em ... -standards

I’m sure the LEZ is going to catch many out. Unlike the DVS, I don’t think it’s been very well publicised and people are focusing on the ULEZ changes later in the year and the different geographical zone.

exactly why i got caught out fortunately it was only one vehicle

How to check the truck is compliant or not? Thank you

you can type in the vehicle reg and it will give you a number of stars for the vehicle. Needs at least 1 to pass currently, likely to go to 3 at the next review.

https://tfl.gov.uk/.../dri.../dvs-safet ... plication/

Thank you so much.
If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”