Quick question!! Where you’ve had an MOT failure, no PG9 issued, would you notify this to the Traffic Commissioner?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Laurath1467

Quick question!! Where you’ve had an MOT failure, no PG9 issued, would you notify this to the Traffic Commissioner?

Post by Laurath1467 »

Good afternoon
RobMoff

Re: Quick question!! Where you’ve had an MOT failure, no PG9 issued, would you notify this to the Traffic Commissioner?

Post by RobMoff »

Yes. Because in all likelihood, your OCRS score will be screwed.
Barductio

Re: Quick question!! Where you’ve had an MOT failure, no PG9 issued, would you notify this to the Traffic Commissioner?

Post by Barductio »

Check your OCRS score.
It is PG9 with delay or immediate effect.
Start your own investigation, ( that will show you are doing something against) what is the reason for MOT and PG9 do everything on paper and keep it.
RobMoff

Post by RobMoff »

I’d be having a a strong word with your service partner too. That’s the whole point of the pre mot, any issues should be found and resolved before the test.
christero

Post by christero »

Depends what it’s for I think. Had one for a dashboard warning light and it didn’t come up on ocrs. Think it was a dpf light
Doddson

Post by Doddson »

christero wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:11 pm Depends what it’s for I think. Had one for a dashboard warning light and it didn’t come up on ocrs. Think it was a dpf light
I would say it’s a error at DVSA, or the vehicle isn’t on the O-Licence for some reason, as a failure should always come up on the OCRS as a negative event for failure unless the truck isn’t on the O-Licence.
It’s also 50 points for a MOT failure due to tyre, & 25 points for any other defects on the OCRS.
christero

Post by christero »

Doddson wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:12 pm
christero wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:11 pm Depends what it’s for I think. Had one for a dashboard warning light and it didn’t come up on ocrs. Think it was a dpf light
I would say it’s a error at DVSA, or the vehicle isn’t on the O-Licence for some reason, as a failure should always come up on the OCRS as a negative event for failure unless the truck isn’t on the O-Licence.
It’s also 50 points for a MOT failure due to tyre, & 25 points for any other defects on the OCRS.
hmm. Strange. The MOT provider seemed pretty confident it wouldn’t be an issue and it definitely never showed on the OCRS 🤷‍♂️
Doddson

Post by Doddson »

christero wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:12 pm
hmm. Strange. The MOT provider seemed pretty confident it wouldn’t be an issue and it definitely never showed on the OCRS 🤷‍♂️
When was this? As things with OCRS have changed since the OCRS being back up & running.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/use-the-ope ... crs-system
christero

Post by christero »

Doddson wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:13 pm
christero wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:12 pm

When was this? As things with OCRS have changed since the OCRS being back up & running.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/use-the-ope ... crs-system
was only about 6 months ago. Definitely didn’t have any impact.
Laurath1467

Post by Laurath1467 »

It was headlight alignment being slightly out
rimanceXP

Post by rimanceXP »

Laurath1467 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:14 pm It was headlight alignment being slightly out
no, but it will show up on your ocrs
kanterci

Post by kanterci »

Laurath1467 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:14 pm It was headlight alignment being slightly out
we had that some time ago, used 3 different alignment tester and each gave a different result. We now do a volunteer one at the test centre right before the MOT.
Barductio

Post by Barductio »

Are you sure? They should adjust straight away and give you points. I had that issue before they gave me 25point for each.
I had Vehicle failed for loose nuts on airbag and I had 50points+50 from lights from last year and my OCRS is still on green, but I had some positive events plus full check on all documents and 1truck. They came on my yard.
Laurath1467

Post by Laurath1467 »

Thank you. There’s no issue with our OCRS, we’re green I was just wondering what the general view was on notifying the TC on the failure. As I said we wasn’t given a PG9 which I’m aware you must notify the TC if this happens
princern

Post by princern »

A long hard discussion with your maintenance provider first and a then a well written note to the TC's office explaining why it happened and what you have done to stop it happening again. It will sit with your OCRS score for a couple of years.
davelian

Post by davelian »

Maintenance providers should have an OCRS score of their own!
They don't really give a shit if it fails or not 🤷‍♂️
Prienic181

Post by Prienic181 »

davelian wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:21 pm Maintenance providers should have an OCRS score of their own!
I know two guys that really do care. More than me. And one is my maintenance provider.
davelian

Post by davelian »

Prienic181 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:22 pm
davelian wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:21 pm Maintenance providers should have an OCRS score of their own!
I know two guys that really do care. More than me. And one is my maintenance provider.
you're very lucky then!
Prienic181

Post by Prienic181 »

davelian wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:22 pm
you're very lucky then!
no. Just refuse to use guys who don’t care. I’ve moved away from a couple like that.
davelian

Post by davelian »

Prienic181 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:23 pm
davelian wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:22 pm

you're very lucky then!
no. Just refuse to use guys who don’t care. I’ve moved away from a couple like that.
me too. I'm happy with my current maintenance guys 😁
brettmen

Post by brettmen »

I totally agree... although the TC says its upto the operator to do there due diligence against the maintenance provider, how this is done is beyond me? If they say there pass rate is X then you have to believe them.
Having there own OCRS Score to me makes perfect sense, they are then responsible for the own work and the operator can then do the own "due diligence" and check out how good they are... like would you use a maintenance provider if they was on RED?? like hell you would!
davelian

Post by davelian »

brettmen wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:24 pm
I totally agree... although the TC says its upto the operator to do there due diligence against the maintenance provider, how this is done is beyond me? If they say there pass rate is X then you have to believe them.
Having there own OCRS Score to me makes perfect sense, they are then responsible for the own work and the operator can then do the own "due diligence" and check out how good they are... like would you use a maintenance provider if they was on RED?? like hell you would!
absolutely mate. I might start a petition on the Gov website to try to get this implemented 🤔
brettmen

Post by brettmen »

davelian wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:25 pm
brettmen wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:24 pm
absolutely mate. I might start a petition on the Gov website to try to get this implemented 🤔
go for it 👍
Saecoom

Post by Saecoom »

The should of let you rectify it at test and PRS you.
Jamesis

Post by Jamesis »

MOT fails affet your OCRS score immediately
ummarre

Post by ummarre »

personally I would. The TC has power under S26(1)(1) failure to notify material change which also includes “an offence in relation to a goods vehicle relating to the maintenance of vehicles in a fit and serviceable condition, or overloading, or the licensing of drivers”. Failure to declare could result in regulatory action. It would be NFA but you’ve complied with the licensing conditions.
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

I'm TM for a main dealer - trust me we care, our franchise manufacturer cares and we have sacked mechanics because of failures - no one takes it lightly.

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”