Is this under the limit? I need to drive this like 80 miles to service area. Abd someone came to check today and

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Popain

Is this under the limit? I need to drive this like 80 miles to service area. Abd someone came to check today and

Post by Popain »

Is this under the limit? I need to drive this like 80 miles to service area. Abd someone came to check today and said it fine 😶
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (102.92 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Toddie

Re: Is this under the limit? I need to drive this like 80 miles to service area. Abd someone came to check today and

Post by Toddie »

Get it at next inspection it’ll be fine
Sandellu

Re: Is this under the limit? I need to drive this like 80 miles to service area. Abd someone came to check today and

Post by Sandellu »

CHancey but entirely upto you
Personally I'd get it changed
As very little life left in it
halliray72

Post by halliray72 »

Send this picture to your transport office
Get them to confirm by text that lorry is safe to drive
Arse covered
Popain

Post by Popain »

halliray72 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:49 pm Send this picture to your transport office
Arse covered
look like fleet manager agree for me to use it
Ralphen

Post by Ralphen »

Popain wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:49 pm
halliray72 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:49 pm Send this picture to your transport office
Arse covered
make sure you have it in writing 👍 don’t take there word for it, they will deny all knowledge of you get caught.
Robinnite

Post by Robinnite »

Ralphen wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:50 pm
Popain wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:49 pm
Arse covered
make sure you have it in writing 👍 don’t take there word for it, they will deny all knowledge of you get caught.
you still take points and fine as the driver.
Desticcio

Post by Desticcio »

Arse covered
that has to be the worst advice you could give. Something in writing telling you it’s fine doesn’t get you off the hook, it’s the drivers responsibility. If you drive it and wipe out a family in a crash you would still be heading straight to jail.
Desticcio

Post by Desticcio »

Arse covered
that doesn’t mean the second opinion is correct, if I get a text from someone telling me I can shoot someone in the head and they’ll be fine I’d still go to jail. It’s the drivers responsibility to make sure it’s legal (by measuring the tread depth) or defect it and get it changed. I’m pretty sure if the shit hit the fan the office would just say it looked fine in the photo but I couldn’t tell for certain.
WWallero

Post by WWallero »

Looks as though it is just barely legal in the groove but that tyre is sketchy as feck. Was this in your walk around?
Popain

Post by Popain »

WWallero wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm Looks as though it is just barely legal in the groove but that tyre is sketchy as feck. Was this in your walk around?
yes
WWallero

Post by WWallero »

Popain wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm
WWallero wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm Looks as though it is just barely legal in the groove but that tyre is sketchy as feck. Was this in your walk around?
yes
I think I would be asking for a call out then. 🙂
kristiano07

Post by kristiano07 »

Will pass inspection but.... tracking is put so could end up down to the cord in no time.
Dorinfo

Post by Dorinfo »

I would not take it out, if u like a nice big boom explosion and wipe everything near to u thank god help u! Don’t ask anyone if your job and life is at risk!
Pauallo

Post by Pauallo »

3/4 of tread still within limits by looks, 1mm min tread so yes legal however looking at that it’s a potential blow out so take it easy or just refuse to take it saying it’s a potential blow out
down2re

Post by down2re »

How much do you value your ring if Vosa catches you and your life of course
Silcoxym

Post by Silcoxym »

If your not happy then don’t drive it.
burnsio

Post by burnsio »

if you feel it's risky for you don't drive, after all it's your driving license you're risking, not someone else's, when something happens every manager will say the same, the driver is responsible for checking the truck.
MCkinneto

Post by MCkinneto »

It's f**ked get it changed. People's lives are at risk for f**k sake
Doddson

Post by Doddson »

MCkinneto wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:18 pm It's f**ked get it changed. People's lives are at risk for f**k sake
somebody with sense
JakeRaw

Post by JakeRaw »

That's needing g changed 1000%
Jasonee

Post by Jasonee »

Point to note ..ANYONE who said take this out what a bunch of cowboys you are, it has cord showing , it's clearly overly worn on one edge, it is NOT legal.....no it's or buts.....only tossers would take this on the road even worse in wet and winter conditions.
Doddson

Post by Doddson »

Jasonee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:21 pm Point to note ..ANYONE who said take this out what a bunch of cowboys you are, it has cord showing , it's clearly overly worn on one edge, it is NOT legal.....no it's or buts.....only tossers would take this on the road even worse in wet and winter conditions.
👌👌👌👌
Liamce

Post by Liamce »

Couple of thousand km in that yet
Popesco52

Post by Popesco52 »

Don't risk your and others life with front tyres the tracking is gone. It is not safe to drive. I would definitely refuse driving it. You must make your point and don't let yourself pushed by your managers, your driving it, it's your responsibility, just say " im not driving it, tracking gone I'm not feeling safe" end of story.
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (108.08 KiB) Viewed 1351 times
malland

Post by malland »

Technically it’s just ok 1 mm over 3/4 of tyre, but that tyres fucked mate an I’d say the tracking needs doing
Keithos

Post by Keithos »

malland wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:28 pm Technically it’s just ok 1 mm over 3/4 of tyre, but that tyres fucked mate an I’d say the tracking needs doing
let some air out, call tyre company, sorry boss puncture problem solved
Antonic1448

Post by Antonic1448 »

U get 3 point Xmas present is this ur regular truck ??? As that tyre ain’t got bad overnight
Chriium

Post by Chriium »

I would refuse to take that onto a public road.
vasillog

Post by vasillog »

Report it to VOSA and they’ll get it changed for you. Job done! No drama! What’s the issue?!?
sturmax65

Post by sturmax65 »

Tell them to drive it to get it get changed , take and keep photos of it and get messages not phone calls of conversation about taking it then if they sack you for refusing take them to court
Popain

Post by Popain »

sturmax65 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:37 pm Tell them to drive it to get it get changed , take and keep photos of it and get messages not phone calls of conversation about taking it then if they sack you for refusing take them to court
it was indeed somebody who had a look and said it is okay. Dont know if he had a look properly
sturmax65

Post by sturmax65 »

Somebody hasn't been doing daily checks though !!!
marnson

Post by marnson »

sturmax65 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:38 pm Somebody hasn't been doing daily checks though !!!
common, just seen a household branded truck with no lights on the m62..
Popain

Post by Popain »

sturmax65 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:38 pm Somebody hasn't been doing daily checks though !!!
also somebody been driving this unit since 2 weeks ago when i refused first time
Alexanti

Post by Alexanti »

DONT DO IT. Your license is at stake.
LSkinnes

Post by LSkinnes »

It looks legal from here,but if you get tugged and DVSA see it they will almost certainly give the rest of the truck a good looking at.
Tors2free

Post by Tors2free »

No No No !!!
Front tyre, if it blows up you will have roll over !
Potentially can murder someone !
colleyez

Post by colleyez »

Still legal mate but keep on eye as this can go fast.
Jurkudo

Post by Jurkudo »

If you can see the wire it’s not legal if it just worn still legal but under advisory to get changed.
Popain

Post by Popain »

Jurkudo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:44 pm If you can see the wire it’s not legal if it just worn still legal but under advisory to get changed.
did took ot to work shop. Was no wire except the tyre tread. Been arguing like 2 hours and in the end ...
andexus

Post by andexus »

No,no.. don't take it mate..
CrosbyRO

Post by CrosbyRO »

Is that the cord??? 🤣🤣🤣
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (65.23 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
Popain

Post by Popain »

CrosbyRO wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:49 pm Is that the cord??? 🤣🤣🤣
no. Just smal cut maybe
Roidello

Post by Roidello »

1.6 mm over 3/4 of the tyre unless the wire is showing
chriseolo

Post by chriseolo »

Roidello wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:52 pm 1.6 mm over 3/4 of the tyre unless the wire is showing
wrong it's one mm for lorries 1.6 for cars
Fitsette

Post by Fitsette »

Minimum tread depth 1mm (vehicle over 3,500kg gross vehicle weight) over a continuous band covering at least any three-quarters of the breadth of the tread around the entire circumference.
Nazgner

Post by Nazgner »

No never you can see the tread
Desticcio

Post by Desticcio »

Had same before, tyre fitter come out and said it's good there's 6 mm of tread must have checked the 5th wheel tread 🤣 1mm on 2/3 of tyre, didn't move it until it was replaced
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (123.05 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
Popain

Post by Popain »

Desticcio wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:00 pm Had same before, tyre fitter come out and said it's good there's 6 mm of tread must have checked the 5th wheel tread 🤣 1mm on 2/3 of tyre, didn't move it until it was replaced
i think that part of the tyre was on the floor and he didnt look everywhere. Its so cold nobody will stay and look around . I had a blow up tyre which was3mm last year on m1 and took me 800 yards to stop the truck so i always check. Lucky was nobody on the road
jonsepin

Post by jonsepin »

Three quarters of tread on & good to go
wooderie

Post by wooderie »

Split in the tyre, is a defect, report on sheet/book and advice for a call out, or go to the nearest commercial Tyre replacement authorized company that is on the companies list with an account.
Popain

Post by Popain »

Inelleon wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:07 pm Is this an f1 tyre?
let me solve it

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”