Hi all I passed my class2 in April and have applied for several jobs in my area without any luck No companies appear

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
KellynnDV

Hi all I passed my class2 in April and have applied for several jobs in my area without any luck No companies appear

Post by KellynnDV »

Hi all.
I passed my class 2 in April and have applied for several jobs in my area without any luck.
No companies appear to be interested in new passes as far as I can make out.
I’m based in Tamworth, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
waughly279

Re: Hi all I passed my class2 in April and have applied for several jobs in my area without any luck No companies appear

Post by waughly279 »

Go in and speak to companies instead of applying on line or ringing them. That way they can see you and probably find it harder to turn you away. I passed September last year, got job in January after going in and seeing a local company
DanniBBest

Re: Hi all I passed my class2 in April and have applied for several jobs in my area without any luck No companies appear

Post by DanniBBest »

Palletways at fradley looking for drivers I believe
paucMans

Post by paucMans »

ATL might be worth a go- they take new passes From the agencies they use? mailto:[email protected]
dalesson268

Post by dalesson268 »

Mmi muller (culina) take new passes look on indeed and should be agencies hiring for it on there temp to perm
anderrano265

Post by anderrano265 »

Try hire giant I’m sure my mate got work through them
Kevms-Keet

Post by Kevms-Keet »

Try supermarket rdc most take on new passes. I passed in feb 22. 1st job March 22 walk out supermarket work week later. Enjoying it
BENEXCH

Post by BENEXCH »

I know it’s not great but a dustman
tuuNewscast

Post by tuuNewscast »

I passed yesterday and I got three driving assessments next week with companies in avonmouth. I may not get them but still quite chuffed with how fast I’ve gotten three interviews
STEVENYANN

Post by STEVENYANN »

Go skip or tipper driving also dust carts dust carts you just drive unless you want to get put n help or omo
269-leiperyx

Post by 269-leiperyx »

Brakes Tamworth mate, it's not the easiest job but they took me on as a class 2 new pass years ago when nowhere else would. Get some experience then get something better..
KellynnDV

Post by KellynnDV »

269-leiperyx wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:59 pm Brakes Tamworth mate, it's not the easiest job but they took me on as a class 2 new pass years ago when nowhere else would. Get some experience then get something better..
I’ve just been turned down by them today mate. Had my interview and assessment with them on Monday.
269-leiperyx

Post by 269-leiperyx »

KellynnDV wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:59 pm
269-leiperyx wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:59 pm Brakes Tamworth mate, it's not the easiest job but they took me on as a class 2 new pass years ago when nowhere else would. Get some experience then get something better..
I’ve just been turned down by them today mate. Had my interview and assessment with them on Monday.
Can't believe that mate, would always take on new drivers in the past.. maybe there's too many new drivers at the minute flooding the market. Try some of the other guys suggestions and failing that try and get a bit of agency work if you haven't already and keep your ear to the ground. Sorry you're not having much luck.. something will come around I'm sure..
zggMetsom

Post by zggMetsom »

KellynnDV wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:59 pm
Good luck.
zggMetsom

Post by zggMetsom »

Sign up to multiple agencies. That's what I did but they may still struggle to find you work. I got lucky and the agency gave me an ongoing role at a local firm
Hari-Daily

Post by Hari-Daily »

Go round local waste management companies, they’re quite often after drivers, I got my first job last year immediately after passing my class 2 by calling round.
Turn.Garnett

Post by Turn.Garnett »

Hari-Daily wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 pm Go round local waste management companies, they’re quite often after drivers, I got my first job last year immediately after passing my class 2 by calling round.
but he forgot to say they’ve only just let him of the yard brush 😅😜
Hari-Daily

Post by Hari-Daily »

Turn.Garnett wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 pm
Hari-Daily wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:05 pm Go round local waste management companies, they’re quite often after drivers, I got my first job last year immediately after passing my class 2 by calling round.
but he forgot to say they’ve only just let him of the yard brush 😅😜
that was meant to be a secret so as not to put people off skip driving!
AndeeysAsp

Post by AndeeysAsp »

Bit of a trek but Stan Robinson take on new drivers mate j14 of the m6
PauInformation

Post by PauInformation »

Don’t apply for jobs. Your application v someone with experience is obviously going to go against you.
Make it easy for an employer and sell yourself. Get out there and contact companies direct (not just ones advertising). Stick at it and you will find work but it won’t find you.
stemmeric259

Post by stemmeric259 »

Keep looking mate, don’t give up. I passed in February and only found job last month. Starting in two weeks 🙌
jimmader_266

Post by jimmader_266 »

Upton steel in markfield are looking for 2 rigid drivers. Only up the 42 from you. Worth a try mate
JamessThedge

Post by JamessThedge »

Try agencies just to get some experience.. had the same problem when I passed.. got a job at brakes tamworth but quit it wasn't worth the 7.50ph was back braking stuff
zggMetsom

Post by zggMetsom »

Depends on person. Friend of mine got his job in one week time. Tacho card applied on Monday and received on Thursday. I did ask him how? He said - just believe in yourself.
lee.guarantee

Post by lee.guarantee »

Gxo in Swadlincote take new passes either directly or thru driver require ( agency) which is in Tamworth
Olefinn_Jr

Post by Olefinn_Jr »

Brakes is desperate for drivers but its hard work
marr+medium

Post by marr+medium »

Dnata Catering at Birmingham airport will definitely take new passes. I started my driving career with them at East Midlands. Takes a little while to get your airside driving pass, but all airport roads. You can get used to driving a class 2 vehicle without having to worry about weight limits or low bridges. Non-tacho driving also and the hourly rate is decent
ChrisSupreme

Post by ChrisSupreme »

Definitely go in person with cv in hand to local companies.
And agency is great way to get some experience in the meantime.
ewanally-264

Post by ewanally-264 »

Keep looking I passed 11th May and iv been driving class 1 just over a month.
Andisolog252

Post by Andisolog252 »

Get on agencies mate look on total jobs etc look at the agencies with lots of work and call them I past last October and haven't been out of work for a week since all long term stuff to just me fancying a change
ReadEssence

Post by ReadEssence »

Join as many agencies as you can find locally and keep applying I passed in February have just had my fourth interview out of countless applications and got a job with local council.
Olefinn_Jr

Post by Olefinn_Jr »

Same everywhere. My partner passed last Oct no luck wotsoever

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”