Hi everyone, Applied for 20+ HGV Class 1 and 2 jobs not a whisper back agency’s don’t want anyone without experience

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
AndeTHego

Hi everyone, Applied for 20+ HGV Class 1 and 2 jobs not a whisper back agency’s don’t want anyone without experience

Post by AndeTHego »

Hi everyone, Applied for 20+ HGV Class 1 and 2 jobs not a whisper back, agency’s don’t want anyone without experience 🤦‍♂️ help please! Wrexham area..
805-tomoberg

Re: Hi everyone, Applied for 20+ HGV Class 1 and 2 jobs not a whisper back agency’s don’t want anyone without experience

Post by 805-tomoberg »

Try stobarts as a start off point shit money but gets you in the door
hughsWeblog

Re: Hi everyone, Applied for 20+ HGV Class 1 and 2 jobs not a whisper back agency’s don’t want anyone without experience

Post by hughsWeblog »

Agencies were a lifesaver for me, as, places wanted experience, but, agency was able to find me work. I'm now on a full time contract somewhere else
KrisB3pton

Post by KrisB3pton »

Keep persevering, try talking to people in person so they can see your not a moron, agencies should give you a chance. Worked for me, goodluck bud
806.patterso

Post by 806.patterso »

Try the places that aren’t advertising
Hutch5nden

Post by Hutch5nden »

Small companies. I went for a job with a small company (about 7 artics and 1 7.5 tonner), they did everything from bulk blowing, bulk tankers, flat beds, double deckers, bulkers, extra long 2+1 rear steer axle trailers, I got experience on them all.
Hutch5nden

Post by Hutch5nden »

The advert said 2 years experience, I went with 7 months experience and I got the job after they'd spoken to their insurance company. Just keep trying, even jobs that say they want x amount of experience and force your selling points such as no sickness, clean car licence etc etc.
AndeTHego

Post by AndeTHego »

montUppone wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:17 pm We're you live?
wrexham
montUppone

Post by montUppone »

AndeTHego wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:17 pm
montUppone wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:17 pm We're you live?
wrexham
If you want nights out, try mobile services on car transporters they will train you and out base you
Silco6asto

Post by Silco6asto »

Go and learn Romanian, you will walk into a job no problem
807_octaryam

Post by 807_octaryam »

Silco6asto wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:21 pm Go and learn Romanian, you will walk into a job no problem
just start talking really fast making words up and lie tell them your uncles polish or something 👍
HARKELTMo

Post by HARKELTMo »

Where R U ?????
We can help more that way.
AndeTHego

Post by AndeTHego »

HARKELTMo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:25 pm Where R U ?????
We can help more that way.
Wrexham
AndeTHego

Post by AndeTHego »

nellpHage wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:31 pm Where do you live?
Wrexham
nellpHage

Post by nellpHage »

AndeTHego wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:32 pm
Wrexham
my company take on newly passed but we are in Essex so no good to you
AndeTHego

Post by AndeTHego »

nellpHage wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:32 pm
AndeTHego wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:32 pm
Wrexham
my company take on newly passed but we are in Essex so no good to you
always the case lol
Conradep-VM

Post by Conradep-VM »

Don't give up, like the guys said, go knocking on doors. Have your cv and covering letter ready and on you. Show willing. I know people that offered to work the first week for free just to get a chance. Not ideal, but better than nothing. Sign up to at least 2 agencies.
Conradep-VM

Post by Conradep-VM »

Try local small firms. Firms like a personal touch, someone they can trust. Check companies websites for vacancies, some don't always advertise. Google hgv new passes, there are companies out there taking on. Go to your local truck show, always good to ask around there. Good luck pal.
Ricar9down

Post by Ricar9down »

Conradep-VM wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:34 pm Try local small firms. Firms like a personal touch, someone they can trust. Check companies websites for vacancies, some don't always advertise. Google hgv new passes, there are companies out there taking on. Go to your local truck show, always good to ask around there. Good luck pal.
what do you mean by covering letter please?
kevliCCorp

Post by kevliCCorp »

Ricar9down wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:34 pm
Conradep-VM wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:34 pm Try local small firms. Firms like a personal touch, someone they can trust. Check companies websites for vacancies, some don't always advertise. Google hgv new passes, there are companies out there taking on. Go to your local truck show, always good to ask around there. Good luck pal.
Chat GPT says…
A cover letter, when used with a CV (curriculum vitae), should be carefully crafted to complement your resume and showcase your qualifications, experiences, and enthusiasm for the job. Here's how to produce an effective cover letter:
Header:
Include your name, address, phone number, and email address at the top of the page.
Include the date of writing.
Salutation:
Address the letter to a specific person if possible. Use "Dear [Hiring Manager's Name]" or "Dear [Company Name] Hiring Team."
Opening Paragraph:
Begin with a strong, attention-grabbing statement that explains why you're writing.
Mention the specific position you're applying for.
If you were referred by someone or learned about the position through a particular source, mention it here.
Body Paragraphs (2-3 paragraphs):
Highlight your qualifications and experiences that are relevant to the job.
Provide specific examples of achievements or projects that demonstrate your skills.
Show how your skills and experiences align with the company's needs and values.
Explain why you are interested in this particular company and position.
Closing Paragraph:
Express your enthusiasm for the position and company.
Mention your desire for an interview and your availability.
Thank the employer for considering your application.
Complimentary Close:
Use a professional closing like "Sincerely" or "Best regards."
Signature:
Sign your name above your typed name if submitting a physical copy.
Formatting:
Use a professional and legible font (e.g., Times New Roman or Arial) in 11-12 point size.
Keep the letter concise, generally not exceeding one page.
Use consistent formatting and spacing.
Proofread:
Carefully proofread for errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Customization:
Tailor each cover letter to the specific job you're applying for.
Mention specific details about the company and role to show that you've done your research.
Attach:
Attach your CV or resume along with the cover letter when submitting your application.
File Format:
Save your cover letter as a PDF to ensure it maintains its formatting.
Remember that a well-crafted cover letter can make a significant difference in your job application. It should complement your CV by providing a more personalized and narrative view of your qualifications and motivation for the position.
Ricar9down

Post by Ricar9down »

kevliCCorp wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:35 pm
Chat GPT says…
A cover letter, when used with a CV (curriculum vitae), should be carefully crafted to complement your resume and showcase your qualifications, experiences, and enthusiasm for the job. Here's how to produce an effective cover letter:
Header:
Include your name, address, phone number, and email address at the top of the page.
Include the date of writing.
Salutation:
Address the letter to a specific person if possible. Use "Dear [Hiring Manager's Name]" or "Dear [Company Name] Hiring Team."
Opening Paragraph:
Begin with a strong, attention-grabbing statement that explains why you're writing.
Mention the specific position you're applying for.
If you were referred by someone or learned about the position through a particular source, mention it here.
Body Paragraphs (2-3 paragraphs):
Highlight your qualifications and experiences that are relevant to the job.
Provide specific examples of achievements or projects that demonstrate your skills.
Show how your skills and experiences align with the company's needs and values.
Explain why you are interested in this particular company and position.
Closing Paragraph:
Express your enthusiasm for the position and company.
Mention your desire for an interview and your availability.
Thank the employer for considering your application.
Complimentary Close:
Use a professional closing like "Sincerely" or "Best regards."
Signature:
Sign your name above your typed name if submitting a physical copy.
Formatting:
Use a professional and legible font (e.g., Times New Roman or Arial) in 11-12 point size.
Keep the letter concise, generally not exceeding one page.
Use consistent formatting and spacing.
Proofread:
Carefully proofread for errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Customization:
Tailor each cover letter to the specific job you're applying for.
Mention specific details about the company and role to show that you've done your research.
Attach:
Attach your CV or resume along with the cover letter when submitting your application.
File Format:
Save your cover letter as a PDF to ensure it maintains its formatting.
Remember that a well-crafted cover letter can make a significant difference in your job application. It should complement your CV by providing a more personalized and narrative view of your qualifications and motivation for the position.
thank you
Conradep-VM

Post by Conradep-VM »

was spot on. Just something personal about you, what you're about and what you want to do, achieve. The cv can be a little like bullet points. Ok, so I'm Wrexham based work wise, and before getting the current job I was agency for 6 months. Speak to Callum at Wrexham Proactive, mention my name. He was great for me. I also used Driver Hire in Flint as a back up. Ningbo pallet line are always after drivers. I did work for McCarthys, b&q/gxo at Chester and also Billington Farms. Everyone has to start somewhere, I was a brand new driver 5 years ago.
Ricar9down

Post by Ricar9down »

Conradep-VM wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:37 pm
was spot on. Just something personal about you, what you're about and what you want to do, achieve. The cv can be a little like bullet points. Ok, so I'm Wrexham based work wise, and before getting the current job I was agency for 6 months. Speak to Callum at Wrexham Proactive, mention my name. He was great for me. I also used Driver Hire in Flint as a back up. Ningbo pallet line are always after drivers. I did work for McCarthys, b&q/gxo at Chester and also Billington Farms. Everyone has to start somewhere, I was a brand new driver 5 years ago.
thank you I've been driving class 2 for 8 years the job I'm in now put me through it but now fancy a change never had a interview or done a cv just old school knocked on the door for a job
Conradep-VM

Post by Conradep-VM »

Ricar9down wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:38 pm
Conradep-VM wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:37 pm

thank you I've been driving class 2 for 8 years the job I'm in now put me through it but now fancy a change never had a interview or done a cv just old school knocked on the door for a job
good luck pal! 👍
Bobaxen.Kai

Post by Bobaxen.Kai »

Try Jenkinsons. They have depots all over and invest in new drivers. Where do you live?
AndeTHego

Post by AndeTHego »

Bobaxen.Kai wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:39 pm Try Jenkinsons. They have depots all over and invest in new drivers. Where do you live?
wrexham
Bobaxen.Kai

Post by Bobaxen.Kai »

AndeTHego wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:39 pm
Bobaxen.Kai wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:39 pm Try Jenkinsons. They have depots all over and invest in new drivers. Where do you live?
wrexham
Runcorn would be your nearest depot.
howar3bs

Post by howar3bs »

I never worked for an agency, I was lucky a local firm took me on a month after I passed class 2 and put me through class 1 a few years later, stayed 9 years in the end. Only relocation made me leave.

As others have said, chuck a bag in your car, be ready to start straight away, put work gear on, be smart but no need for a suit, enquire on reception and hand a cv and letter over.

Go round all the firms in your area, you just never know - someone might have rung in sick and they've got a wagon sat in the yard!
Good luck.
Jasonee_Lii

Post by Jasonee_Lii »

Knock on doors, it's harder to say no, face to face
rickkins780

Post by rickkins780 »

Get mobile crane ticket, desperate for drivers
austen5rn

Post by austen5rn »

Have you looked on
Gregory Group to see if anything near you 🤔
AndeTHego

Post by AndeTHego »

austen5rn wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:42 pm Have you looked on
Gregory Group to see if anything near you 🤔
I’ll check thank you
PopanDTyro

Post by PopanDTyro »

Buddy, I'll tell you straight.
Print off 30 CV and get walking, introduce yourself, present yourself.
warric-spinn

Post by warric-spinn »

Go and knock on doors first thing in the morning to give out your CV and introduce yourself, make sure you have all your kit with you in the car ready to go (boots, hi viz cards, sleeping bag and pillow etc), you never know they might just he short a driver that day and need a load taking out
warric-spinn

Post by warric-spinn »

Have you tried Clywd transport in Wrexham... dont put all your hope in sites like indeed and total jobs etc...
MatoSato

Post by MatoSato »

Have you tried owens?
Driving force agency Ellesmere Port cover wrexham area I’m sure they can find you something.
AndeTHego

Post by AndeTHego »

MatoSato wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:44 pm Have you tried owens?
Driving force agency Ellesmere Port cover wrexham area I’m sure they can find you something.
I’ll check them out, owens want experience
ianetro.xmc

Post by ianetro.xmc »

Give Mccarthy Haulage a ring they are a fair firm and not bad to work for😁👍🏿
Danetque781

Post by Danetque781 »

When I first got my licence I got a job with grocontinental in Whitchurch. They're agro merchants now.
That was 2018 but worth a call
warric-spinn

Post by warric-spinn »

Did you go round knocking on doors and found a job for the day??
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (102.96 KiB) Viewed 695 times
nikon_burke

Post by nikon_burke »

Ningbo Wrexham ASH Waste worth a try
RogermirrJO

Post by RogermirrJO »

Don't give up pal, maybe tweek your CV a little and upload it to every agency, print a load off and go knocking doors
josee6alys

Post by josee6alys »

Personally - go to yards ask internet crap
SeSERGIOUR

Post by SeSERGIOUR »

Don’t give up I was a recovery driver from car licence and then passed class 2 in jan so just bumped up in recovery passed class 1 in may never used since passed and I’ve just got my self an artic walking floor job with a decent firm better money less hours and a scania just keep going phone every company and ask
chrisog-ph

Post by chrisog-ph »

Have you tried Bellis on the industrial estate? And try farralls in deeside I went there and told them the score they offered me a driving assessment.

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”