HI, I’ve got some sad news after passing this year there has been no luck with a agent to get me into full time work

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
Crb_Johnsom

Re: HI, I’ve got some sad news after passing this year there has been no luck with a agent to get me into full time work

Post by Crb_Johnsom »

I’ve been doing agency work since I passed just over a year ago and I’ve been with the same company for almost a year now and been in a 7.5t majority of the time but covering bigger vehicles with sickness and holidays and this week they let me loose in the 26ton was so nice to drive computer the 7.5 I use regularly
KyLECTORR

Re: HI, I’ve got some sad news after passing this year there has been no luck with a agent to get me into full time work

Post by KyLECTORR »

Get off in fb stop moaning there
KyLECTORR

Post by KyLECTORR »

And acting as the world owes you something get up go chap doors and speak to employers give them something that an experienced driver doesn't offer sell yourself to an employer after all no experience so need to find something else to sell yourself on greeting on fb won't help
Dydersen948

Post by Dydersen948 »

You could try shunting..... I passed Dec last year, and started shunting Feb. Done that for 7 months night shift, now im starting a new job next week driving class 1.
Dydersen948

Post by Dydersen948 »

Shunting gave me reversing experience no other job could give me. Being fresh, any mistakes made are better on a yard.
gomm.fang

Post by gomm.fang »

I passed my class 1 in May and iv worked with GBA LOGISTICS AND NOW IM WORKING FOR TURNERS ON CONTAINERS. CLASS 1
lay_mannik

Post by lay_mannik »

Why don't you hang around the depot (Amazon)
lay_mannik

Post by lay_mannik »

and check the companies on the side of the lorry's then call them an ask for a job. I passed in July and walked in a £41k a year job. Don't give up hope.
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (180.95 KiB) Viewed 627 times
ian6lamb

Post by ian6lamb »

Amazon agents are unreliable to never back to you even had a drug test and passed heard nothing back
hoo7dlyan

Post by hoo7dlyan »

Sound a decent lad
Where are you based
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

hoo7dlyan wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:31 pm Sound a decent lad
Where are you based
West Sussex
JaBonJass

Post by JaBonJass »

Go approach companies direct or just tell agency i want work driving these
ch+isysen

Post by ch+isysen »

and after passing in April 2023 started by asking an Amazon Freight Partner if I could go out with them on my days off unpaid to get experience now I start full time HGV job on Monday best advice put yourself out show willing
950-merrinve

Post by 950-merrinve »

I considered bus driving, mainly with a view to going on to coach driving something I think I would love especially the continental runs.
950-merrinve

Post by 950-merrinve »

At the time you had to pay back the training fees but I am led to believe that has changed now as the government pay it as they class you as an apprentice (I stand to be corrected on that so do enquire yourself) The thing that put me off was from speaking to many serving and ex bus drivers who said the amount of rude arrogant people they had to deal with was shocking. (Manchester so it may be different where you live) Figured cargo does not talk back hence the decision to go HGV.
950-merrinve

Post by 950-merrinve »

I have also struggled like mad even doing the "knocking on doors" but figure that next year those who have destroyed the country to bring us to this state over the last 13 years will be gone so if I can just weather the storm for winter looking after myself as I go then brighter days are ahead. If you are happy where you are then stick at it.
GORDONNE

Post by GORDONNE »

Why don't you see if amazon will give you a shot on there lorrys as you already work for them
samySmart

Post by samySmart »

Ive always got jobs on wagons from talking to friends etc for employers who dont care about cv as long as you turn up and respect the job
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

samySmart wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:39 pm Ive always got jobs on wagons from talking to friends etc for employers who dont care about cv as long as you turn up and respect the job
I’m definitely welcoming any and all support mate appreciate it
aaspinnDA

Post by aaspinnDA »

Where are you located? Try challenge TRG agency
Do6yleerim

Post by Do6yleerim »

Contact FreshLinc they are always wanting drivers new passes aswell
Do6yleerim

Post by Do6yleerim »

also for anyone wanting to get into HGV they provide a training program which gets you your HGV license you pay back either £35 or £38 per week and at the end of 2 years you get that money back in bulk tax free
951.nigelcand

Post by 951.nigelcand »

I was same position mate, I walked in to a haulage company and got job offer straight away, got decent pay and truck.
CreigBCranium

Post by CreigBCranium »

Sorry to say but you don't just buy your licence and walk into a £1000 a week take home for polishing a show pony all day. You need to start from the bottom like everyone else, go register with every agency that operates withing a 75 mile radius of your locality. Expect to travel a couple hours a day too and from work if necessary. Take ANY agency work no matter how terrible the pay, god knows I've done 15 he days in an artic for £100 a day before tax, and travelled from Kent to Southampton for it.
CreigBCranium

Post by CreigBCranium »

Yes there are a few on big money, I am currently on £900-1100 per week tramping, bit it won't last so I make the most of the job whilst it's there. Most of my 12 year career I've been on or close to minimum wage, worked 70+ hrs a week usually with a LOT of HEAVY lifting and manual handling.
CreigBCranium

Post by CreigBCranium »

Once you've proven yourself to companies then you can enjoy the luxuries of making a couple phone calls on Friday afternoon and have work on Monday morning but it's take me a decade to get there, building a rapour and a reputation and proven track record with companies and agencies alike.
CreigBCranium

Post by CreigBCranium »

You expected to get a licence and drop into a piss easy job earning massive money. Reality check, not the case, you need to be looking far and wide to get a foot in a door, and taking every "DEAD END JOB" as you put it.
CreigBCranium

Post by CreigBCranium »

That "DEAD END JOB" was driving a hgv, complying with all the relevant legislation and building a tachograph record of your ability to drive a hgv legally and safely.
CreigBCranium

Post by CreigBCranium »

Driving a van is a dead end job because we all know you race around driving like a d**k, complete disregard for the law and any other humans and it counts as zero on you CV.
V7aughtyle

Post by V7aughtyle »

You could even sign up with loads of different agencies, they have great opportunities at times. Best to use an umbrella company for the payroll in that instance. They will be classed as the employer, reflecting one employer to HMRC.
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

V7aughtyle wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:47 pm Found some great jobs on https://www.totaljobs.com/
thank you for the positive feed back mate legend!! Will look into it
V7aughtyle

Post by V7aughtyle »

JavedJaap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:48 pm
V7aughtyle wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:47 pm Found some great jobs on https://www.totaljobs.com/
thank you for the positive feed back mate legend!! Will look into it
you’re very welcome pal. All the best!
barmonUP

Post by barmonUP »

Move up north more jobs up there cos no effer wants to work
barmonUP

Post by barmonUP »

Never had a problem moving jobs its like crossing a road
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

barmonUP wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:49 pm Never had a problem moving jobs its like crossing a road
Due to life choice’s it’s not possible but we are talking about that maybe in a year.
morrsDAN

Post by morrsDAN »

CV is great but take it to all you’re local companies personally ask if they have any vacancies and hand it to transport manager or head of HR.
It shows a bit of commitment and puts you above the rest as they have a name and face to the CV.
Good Luck.
OramonLLee

Post by OramonLLee »

Driving is driving what difference does it make what you are driving, yes you have a cat 1 licence stick with vans whilst biding your time, few years everybody will be offering you work
timespe917

Post by timespe917 »

Knock on doors mate ring round pass your details on in person to people job sites like indeed etc are useless for hgv jobs I found
JIFFERROSE

Post by JIFFERROSE »

Can you not try amazon I keep getting emails off them looking for drivers
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

JIFFERROSE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:40 pm Can you not try amazon I keep getting emails off them looking for drivers
lorry?
JIFFERROSE

Post by JIFFERROSE »

JavedJaap wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:41 pm
JIFFERROSE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:40 pm Can you not try amazon I keep getting emails off them looking for drivers
lorry?
yh sure I have received email off them other week for one in Warrington
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

JIFFERROSE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:41 pm
JavedJaap wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:41 pm
lorry?
yh sure I have received email off them other week for one in Warrington
Nice not my area though
warreBON

Post by warreBON »

you wouldn’t have received an email for Amazon employment on hgvs, they use freight forwarders (3rd party companies) they just rent out their trucks to the freight forwarders
Neg-Okapit

Post by Neg-Okapit »

What about asking at Amazon? As you've already said they know you surely they could move you up to class 1.
Ionn_Jinn

Post by Ionn_Jinn »

Anyone looking for work, please message me. I know someone always posting new opportunities!
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

Ionn_Jinn wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:08 pm Anyone looking for work, please message me. I know someone always posting new opportunities!
West Sussex
ORiGEISTO

Post by ORiGEISTO »

I work for Fowler Welch as part of the Culina group and they are always looking for drivers just depends on what area your in ☺️
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

ORiGEISTO wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:10 pm I work for Fowler Welch as part of the Culina group and they are always looking for drivers just depends on what area your in ☺️
West Sussex
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

OramonLLee wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:40 pm Driving is driving what difference does it make what you are driving, yes you have a cat 1 licence stick with vans whilst biding your time, few years everybody will be offering you work
basically my thoughts
JavedJaap

Post by JavedJaap »

Neg-Okapit wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:42 pm What about asking at Amazon? As you've already said they know you surely they could move you up to class 1.
was in there today for training and already on it 💪🏼

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”