I know it's a long shot but is there any companies that will employ me on Class 1 with 9 points they are for driving

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
NATHEUNOIA

Re: I know it's a long shot but is there any companies that will employ me on Class 1 with 9 points they are for driving

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

Chad, I got a cd20 (inconsiderate driving allegedly cut in front of a unmarked police car) I got 6 points it didn’t affect my truck insurance added £27 to my car insurance (I drive a performance car) I’m a owner driver hgv both insurance companies asked if I got them due to a accident which I didn’t. You got 9 points what codes you get
ChroChad

Re: I know it's a long shot but is there any companies that will employ me on Class 1 with 9 points they are for driving

Post by ChroChad »

NATHEUNOIA wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:25 pm Chad, I got a cd20 (inconsiderate driving allegedly cut in front of a unmarked police car) I got 6 points it didn’t affect my truck insurance added £27 to my car insurance (I drive a performance car) I’m a owner driver hgv both insurance companies asked if I got them due to a accident which I didn’t. You got 9 points what codes you get
AC10 and CD10. I'm not bothered about the sh*tty comments mate it is what it is, I made a mistake and I've paid for it and learnt from it.
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

ChroChad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:26 pm
NATHEUNOIA wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:25 pm Chad, I got a cd20 (inconsiderate driving allegedly cut in front of a unmarked police car) I got 6 points it didn’t affect my truck insurance added £27 to my car insurance (I drive a performance car) I’m a owner driver hgv both insurance companies asked if I got them due to a accident which I didn’t. You got 9 points what codes you get
AC10 and CD10. I'm not bothered about the sh*tty comments mate it is what it is, I made a mistake and I've paid for it and learnt from it.
some drivers are right c**ks! The cd10 f**k me google what counts as inconsiderate driving and careless driving these clowns 🤡 do it every day to other drivers,
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

the ac10 mate is your problem if you had them 3 years next year they are off in the eyes of the law but you got to declare for 4/5 years. Don’t forget your points start from date of offence not conviction date so check on dvla license check when you got them?
ChroChad

Post by ChroChad »

NATHEUNOIA wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:27 pm
the ac10 mate is your problem if you had them 3 years next year they are off in the eyes of the law but you got to declare for 4/5 years. Don’t forget your points start from date of offence not conviction date so check on dvla license check when you got them?
expiry date is July 2023 but removal date is july 2024 not quite sure what that means?
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

ChroChad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:28 pm

expiry date is July 2023 but removal date is july 2024 not quite sure what that means?
so you’re offence was July 2020? So will be unavoid july 2023 so points off but you have to declare for 5years.
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

Wonder if because of ac10 code that stays on for 4 years instead of 3 years? I’d check that out mate I’ve just googled ac10 stays on license for 4 years from date of offence sorry for the sh*t news mate
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

!!!
Attachments
DVLA.jpg
DVLA.jpg (50.92 KiB) Viewed 596 times
ChroChad

Post by ChroChad »

NATHEUNOIA wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:28 pm

so you’re offence was July 2020? So will be unavoid july 2023 so points off but you have to declare for 5years.
they both expire 23 but get removed 24 so surely that means that in 23 I should have a better shot
ChroChad

Post by ChroChad »

NATHEUNOIA wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:29 pm

Wonder if because of ac10 code that stays on for 4 years instead of 3 years? I’d check that out mate I’ve just googled ac10 stays on license for 4 years from date of offence sorry for the sh*t news mate
yeah they remain on the licence for 4 but expire after 3 so if any more points are added they can't build on them 9 but they can take the previous offence into account
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

ChroChad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:31 pm

yeah they remain on the licence for 4 but expire after 3 so if any more points are added they can't build on them 9 but they can take the previous offence into account
I’d say yes as you been clean and done your 3 years mate. Try a yard shunting job to get you to next year if you can find one
riccy-judd

Post by riccy-judd »

NATHEUNOIA wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:31 pm

I’d say yes as you been clean and done your 3 years mate. Try a yard shunting job to get you to next year if you can find one
all points stay on for 4 years no matter what the offence but only valid for 3 years in the totting up system, ie cant accumulate 12 points in a 3 year period ...
riccy-judd

Post by riccy-judd »

as you said have to declare to insurance company for 5 years, for the life of me cant understand that bit !!!
Stefro1208

Post by Stefro1208 »

key board warriors!
oxlee.mugg

Post by oxlee.mugg »

hes told you what for pal, pissed and doing 1.
PaulkJohn

Post by PaulkJohn »

Best bet is to try and get some work with agencies, once you've got some solid experience under your belt, you'll be more interesting to employers and you may find one willing to overlook that.
PaulkJohn

Post by PaulkJohn »

I would personally take you on with a bit of experience, i believe in giving everyone a chance to prove themselves, but would have you on a strict 'one issue and your out' sort of extended probation.
eadd_moto

Post by eadd_moto »

Frigorifico/weberers/girteka by the looks of it
Alecco1209

Post by Alecco1209 »

I had 9 points for due care & still had work, was lucky due to my company
sajj+naps

Post by sajj+naps »

The biggest issue you will face is not an insurance issue (although this is often blamed,)
sajj+naps

Post by sajj+naps »

But the operator licence holder will have to declare the points and convictions to the traffic commissioner and this can topple a good OCRS into a poor one with the operator being closely watched
JamexBBlack

Post by JamexBBlack »

So the bloke already said he knows it's a long shot... ffs 🤦‍♂️🙄 some "professionals" on here really make me laugh. We're all just trying to work, earn and provide and this guy is being honest and looking for a chance 🤷‍♂️ however likely or unlikely it might be...
JamexBBlack

Post by JamexBBlack »

Can't nobody tell me on here they've never done anything wrong (in a car or lorry), if people can't offer a bit of hope, encouragement and guidance... why pipe up and take the p*ss? And this is exactly why I haven't got the time of alot of fellow Drivers, arrogant w**kers who think the sun shines out their arse... almost like they walked into the industry absolutely perfect 🤦‍♂️🤣
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

JamexBBlack wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:36 pm So the bloke already said he knows it's a long shot... ffs 🤦‍♂️🙄 some "professionals" on here really make me laugh. We're all just trying to work, earn and provide and this guy is being honest and looking for a chance 🤷‍♂️ however likely or unlikely it might be...
every driver has a opinion on here mate they never make a mistake lol f**k me what I see other hgv doing you wouldn’t believe!
NATHEUNOIA

Post by NATHEUNOIA »

JamexBBlack wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:37 pm Can't nobody tell me on here they've never done anything wrong (in a car or lorry), if people can't offer a bit of hope, encouragement and guidance... why pipe up and take the p*ss? And this is exactly why I haven't got the time of alot of fellow Drivers, arrogant w**kers who think the sun shines out their arse... almost like they walked into the industry absolutely perfect 🤦‍♂️🤣
I wonder with these comments are they really true drivers or just idiots unemployed sitting on there phone giving shit comments
ulf9truck

Post by ulf9truck »

Hope you get something soon drive! Best of luck!!!!
KEOppers

Post by KEOppers »

Ha ha mate, there are companies out there that would employ you if you were on a drink drive ban. Lol
park0elba

Post by park0elba »

Unbelievable the some comments on all these so called saints I've been driving hgv for56yrs and never had a ticket or dvla /vosa infringement been extremely lucky give this lad a break he as made mistakes paid the price good luck mate hope you get fixed up
RanRosco

Post by RanRosco »

park0elba wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:39 pm Unbelievable the some comments on all these so called saints I've been driving hgv for56yrs and never had a ticket or dvla /vosa infringement been extremely lucky give this lad a break he as made mistakes paid the price good luck mate hope you get fixed up
he left the scene pissed....
park0elba

Post by park0elba »

RanRosco wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:40 pm
park0elba wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:39 pm Unbelievable the some comments on all these so called saints I've been driving hgv for56yrs and never had a ticket or dvla /vosa infringement been extremely lucky give this lad a break he as made mistakes paid the price good luck mate hope you get fixed up
how do you know this and if he did hes paid his dues or are you one of these that think people who make mistakes in life have to pay for ever what a stupid world we live in
RanRosco

Post by RanRosco »

park0elba wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:40 pm
how do you know this and if he did hes paid his dues or are you one of these that think people who make mistakes in life have to pay for ever what a stupid world we live in
Look at his post hes says driving pissed, and leaving scene, pays to read the story not the headlines only,
RanRosco

Post by RanRosco »

park0elba wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:40 pm
and having been a tm and boss myself, truck insurance can go up by a grand a month per offence....so what else would you care to know?
1210-tracon

Post by 1210-tracon »

Well, me personally would have locked you up straight away for leaving an accident...
1210-tracon

Post by 1210-tracon »

I guess you were,, sober", mistakes on the road happens but I would call mistakes like speeding etc and fleeing from the scene.
FARELLST

Post by FARELLST »

I see all the super f**kers sorry I mean truckers are out on this, nothing half decent to say just don't bother.
garziKEN

Post by garziKEN »

You'll get work m8 I'd pay extra premium for a grafter! Don't be disheartened
Borr1Berg

Post by Borr1Berg »

I had CD 10 /6 points a few years ago and I struggled to find work
Borr1Berg

Post by Borr1Berg »

Waitrose took me on as agency and I was with them for 18 months
Borr1Berg

Post by Borr1Berg »

They have a depot at Leyland it might be worth a try
1211.ppatch

Post by 1211.ppatch »

Good luck there mate, to be honest doesn’t look much favorable that you run away from scene.
1211.ppatch

Post by 1211.ppatch »

Maybe go work in warehouse for a bit, then get through Class 2 or multi dropping jobs on the company. Your options going be very limited.
ChroChad

Post by ChroChad »

1211.ppatch wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:46 pm Maybe go work in warehouse for a bit, then get through Class 2 or multi dropping jobs on the company. Your options going be very limited.
I've already got my class 1 licence
joohnyACE

Post by joohnyACE »

Just wondering i see you have a family and kids why you driving without due care and is that related to the fail to stop?
1242_shancy

Post by 1242_shancy »

joohnyACE wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:47 pm Just wondering i see you have a family and kids why you driving without due care and is that related to the fail to stop?
It's clear what you're driving at. Maybe he broke all these laws because one of his kids was sick or injured and he needed to get to them. In that scenario would you still insinuate what you're insinuating?
1242_shancy

Post by 1242_shancy »

joohnyACE wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:47 pm Just wondering i see you have a family and kids why you driving without due care and is that related to the fail to stop?
Would you do the same in that scenario? Keep wondering mate. The answer to your question isn't relevant to the discussion and none of your business.
joohnyACE

Post by joohnyACE »

1242_shancy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:47 pm
It's clear what you're driving at. Maybe he broke all these laws because one of his kids was sick or injured and he needed to get to them. In that scenario would you still insinuate what you're insinuating?
well that be a load a crap as would of got off in court just wondering why thats all
joohnyACE

Post by joohnyACE »

1242_shancy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 pm
Would you do the same in that scenario? Keep wondering mate. The answer to your question isn't relevant to the discussion and none of your business.
and ye not my business but if i try to understand maybe can help him out
1242_shancy

Post by 1242_shancy »

joohnyACE wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 pm
You're a judge in more ways than one then are you!?
joohnyACE

Post by joohnyACE »

1242_shancy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:49 pm
joohnyACE wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 pm

You're a judge in more ways than one then are you!?
no just have a few pals in the transport game local
Ster9aham

Post by Ster9aham »

You’d be perfect for a tipper job
1212_yoxell

Post by 1212_yoxell »

You will probably struggle. Mate, don't know the area personally, but try looking at going shunting mate.
1212_yoxell

Post by 1212_yoxell »

You may have to suck it up for a bit, however if you prove yourself and show a good attitude to the company they may let you progress.
1212_yoxell

Post by 1212_yoxell »

Your points certainly won't help, but you know that or look at agency at least you'll get an income.
Tuck0Truck

Post by Tuck0Truck »

I’ve had 6 points for driving uninsured when I was 17. Complete tit I was back then. We all learn lessons, sometimes the hard way, and move on.
Tuck0Truck

Post by Tuck0Truck »

Best of luck Chad hope you find good employment
coopyNedd

Post by coopyNedd »

I got 8 points for CD way back in 1995. I struggled for a while but got on with agencies eventually.
coopyNedd

Post by coopyNedd »

I know things were different then but it's not impossible now... Good luck.
Thomxen_Jr

Post by Thomxen_Jr »

To be honest the insurance won't be a the major hurdle for you, but it will be the fact if someone does take you on then because they have to declare driver convictions to the TC that's where the problem will lie.
Thomxen_Jr

Post by Thomxen_Jr »

And it could drop the orcs score however there is bound to be someone who will take a punt on you.
Thomxen_Jr

Post by Thomxen_Jr »

Try carefoots at longridge as they always advertising for drivers you might get lucky there. All the best in your search though.
ChroChad

Post by ChroChad »

runiee1196 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:56 pm where are you based mate
based in preston mate
runiee1196

Post by runiee1196 »

ChroChad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:56 pm
runiee1196 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:56 pm where are you based mate
based in preston mate
give JMD Haulage a go mate on the boxes they take anyone on 😂
MATTIELD

Post by MATTIELD »

Mate all depends on the company. I had 9 points on my license when I start at this company 8 months ago. Good luck mate
wainooKee

Post by wainooKee »

Why did you leave the scene of an accident anyway ?? Fully understand if you don't wish to answer. Best of luck with job seeking 👍
Collins-Tyro

Post by Collins-Tyro »

Probably all that type that haven’t got the bollocks to own their mistakes.
Fair play mate good luck in finding something. 👍
luce1nffer

Post by luce1nffer »

Wayne Catt
H Parkinson’s
Armstrong (Longtown) have a depot At Walton Summit
Harrison’s
All offer 4on4 off
YatsYapper

Post by YatsYapper »

90% of you are so high and mighty. Give over, you drive a HGV. It’s not hard.
“I’m a professional driver”. Well done, you get paid to drive.
YatsYapper

Post by YatsYapper »

Deflate your egos and realise you ain’t all that special, you keep the world living with food etc and that’s it.
Don’t get a god complex.
semon1197

Post by semon1197 »

More chance of platting snot id think, and any firm that does take you on will deffo not be telling insurer, who will then blame you that you didn't inform them and showed a clean licence.... dont matter if it was in a car...and lucky you kept you licence...
GardOmmark

Post by GardOmmark »

I would ring around small family run logistic companies as there are some that take on 9 points and even previous Drink Driving on licence.
GardOmmark

Post by GardOmmark »

Will be hard but I think you may find one or ask agencies if they have any companies that would give you work.
brosMARC

Post by brosMARC »

We have all made mistakes.
Me more than most.
Good luck with the future 👍

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”