I am looking to make a change next year and wondered if anyone has done the same previously and can advise me/point

Ads by bus and coach drivers looking for work
127-danibber

I am looking to make a change next year and wondered if anyone has done the same previously and can advise me/point

Post by 127-danibber »

I am looking to make a change next year and wondered if anyone has done the same previously and can advise me/point me in the right direction:
I am wanting to spend a season/year (possibly longer) based in Europe driving coaches. Shuttle work, flix bus, bus about, ski/chalet shuttle driving, collecting tour groups from airports. Any kind of work really. I am young enough to enjoy the experience and have no commitments at home.
Has anyone done anything like this? Anybody know of any companies that offer something like this? Not overly bothered about help with relocation costs (I have savings) or wage amount (the life and driving experience is my main motivation) and I have researched already into the right kind of visa I would require.
Thanks in advance!
DeDalloyne

Re: I am looking to make a change next year and wondered if anyone has done the same previously and can advise me/point

Post by DeDalloyne »

Ferris S.Wales used to do some of this work.
michaelio

Re: I am looking to make a change next year and wondered if anyone has done the same previously and can advise me/point

Post by michaelio »

Cant help with your questions but I really do wish you well.......
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

michaelio wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:36 pm Cant help with your questions but I really do wish you well.......
Thank you
kateque

Post by kateque »

I may know a couple of people that could help x
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

Dave & Jo butcher used to have commercial overseas driver (COD) nimes, they were good to work for, we used to do Tues/Thursday and sat/sun, right mixed bag of work back then doing Ferris, redcrest, Harry Shaw's and siesta, I used to enjoy one-man top end of Costa bravo on siesta, hard days but younger then,
tephen

Post by tephen »

redmplers34 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:38 pm Dave & Jo butcher used to have commercial overseas driver (COD) nimes, they were good to work for, we used to do Tues/Thursday and sat/sun, right mixed bag of work back then doing Ferris, redcrest, Harry Shaw's and siesta, I used to enjoy one-man top end of Costa bravo on siesta, hard days but younger then,
Jo butcher is on here, and message him
kennison

Post by kennison »

redmplers34 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:38 pm Dave & Jo butcher used to have commercial overseas driver (COD) nimes, they were good to work for, we used to do Tues/Thursday and sat/sun, right mixed bag of work back then doing Ferris, redcrest, Harry Shaw's and siesta, I used to enjoy one-man top end of Costa bravo on siesta, hard days but younger then,
I worked for David and Joe good job you learn a lot left hand training ski work in the winter and many a good laugh especially David he was like a father to me and the family all very helpful and friendly
butchPars

Post by butchPars »

we are still here
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

butchPars wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:43 pm
we are still here
yes and the longest bottom Ender's now I would imagine, hope all the family's well
tephen

Post by tephen »

we are still here
has the swimming pool at the house been finished??
butchPars

Post by butchPars »

tephen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:43 pm
we are still here
yes and the jacuzzi
tephen

Post by tephen »

butchPars wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:44 pm
tephen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:43 pm

we are still here
yes and the jacuzzi
OK, now you've sold me. Hope your all keeping well.
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

I sent you message
mordeal

Post by mordeal »

I recommend Gary Peach pm him.
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

If it's any good to you,,👍
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (104.39 KiB) Viewed 577 times
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

redmplers34 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:46 pm If it's any good to you,,👍
amazing thank you!!!
tephen

Post by tephen »

127-danibber wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:47 pm
amazing thank you!!!
very nice ppl to work for. Pay on time, good crowd of drivers as well.
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

amazing thank you!!!
It's no walk in the park to be honest with you, when you've got a decker and a dozen hotels to drop off at, boots above engine which has been running for 24hrs and the mid summer heat outside but then the down days were good, Monday usually consisted of shopping for week, few beers in le bureau in nimes, then other day we'd hit the French coast for days out, good bunch of lads there when I did a season,
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

redmplers34 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:48 pm
amazing thank you!!!
It's no walk in the park to be honest with you, when you've got a decker and a dozen hotels to drop off at, boots above engine which has been running for 24hrs and the mid summer heat outside but then the down days were good, Monday usually consisted of shopping for week, few beers in le bureau in nimes, then other day we'd hit the French coast for days out, good bunch of lads there when I did a season,
if i wanted a walk in the park i would toss my license back to be fair 😆 I like a challenge- its the only way to learn.
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

127-danibber wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:48 pm

amazing thank you!!!
if i wanted a walk in the park i would toss my license back to be fair 😆 I like a challenge- its the only way to learn.
you'll go a long way with the can-do attitude, you'll get to learn a lot for touring the SoF/Spain regions, lot of fantastic towns round that area as well to explore, all the best with it,
howell5er

Post by howell5er »

amazing thank you!!!
I was regular in nimes
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

howell5er wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:49 pm

amazing thank you!!!
I was regular in nimes
I was down about 98/99 time, with Keith, Gary, Jaime, Norman and few other scotch lads who for the life of me I can't remember there names
nicgino

Post by nicgino »

redmplers34 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:50 pm

I was regular in nimes
I was down about 98/99 time, with Keith, Gary, Jaime, Norman and few other scotch lads who for the life of me I can't remember there names
Kenny, Mickie,, Steve Ian,. Just a few 😂, the good old days.
tephen

Post by tephen »

I was regular in nimes
who was the driver, been with them for yrs, who unfortunately had a motorbike accident. He was great, but was around 2000 I worked with him.
howell5er

Post by howell5er »

I was regular in nimes
I weren’t down there then lol I remember Keith
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

howell5er wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:51 pm

I was regular in nimes
was a good friend of mine, worked with him back in the eighties at whittles and lived in same town
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

howell5er wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:51 pm

I was regular in nimes
yes buddy it was a sad time that, a lot of us from whittles got together with Keith about 2 weeks before his passing not knowing he'd be taken so quickly,
Davinavy

Post by Davinavy »

Ian Chambers can help you with this
Tim.worizon

Post by Tim.worizon »

I worked for contiki and will return when allowed, all I can say is the training trip is tough but worth every second for the job after it.
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

Tim.worizon wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:55 pm I worked for contiki and will return when allowed, all I can say is the training trip is tough but worth every second for the job after it.
i think i have heard of them!!!!!! It was one i was looking at but the job advert was for 2016 😞
Tim.worizon

Post by Tim.worizon »

127-danibber wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:55 pm
Tim.worizon wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:55 pm I worked for contiki and will return when allowed, all I can say is the training trip is tough but worth every second for the job after it.
i think i have heard of them!!!!!! It was one i was looking at but the job advert was for 2016 😞
they will probably run a training trip next spring, if you want I cam Contact the transport manager and ask if they are gonna be taking applications and where to send them?
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

Tim.worizon wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:56 pm
they will probably run a training trip next spring, if you want I cam Contact the transport manager and ask if they are gonna be taking applications and where to send them?
that would be perfect thank you 😍
Tim.worizon

Post by Tim.worizon »

127-danibber wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:56 pm

I'll let you know
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

127-danibber wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:56 pm

I'll let you know
thank you! Could you please drop me a message about pay, and generally what is expected from you, if you have to pay for your accommodations etc etc etc?
Grateful for the information ♥️
Markwripe

Post by Markwripe »

contiki do training days now, wow. When i done it, it was an induction day in their office in London. Which consisted of going to the pub. Then two days later out on your own 🤣
Tim.worizon

Post by Tim.worizon »

Markwripe wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:58 pm
contiki do training days now, wow. When i done it, it was an induction day in their office in London. Which consisted of going to the pub. Then two days later out on your own 🤣
I done 58 days of training lol
Markwripe

Post by Markwripe »

Tim.worizon wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:58 pm
wow they have changed, do you still have to join in all the activities as well. No matter how late,
I used to burn out half way through the summer. Done two seasons on there and couldn't do anymore because of burn out.
Tim.worizon

Post by Tim.worizon »

wow they have changed, do you still have to join in all the activities as well. No matter how late,
I used to burn out half way through the summer. Done two seasons on there and couldn't do anymore because of burn out.
you don't have to do the activities on trip but you do on the training trip
Markwripe

Post by Markwripe »

Tim.worizon wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:59 pm

you don't have to do the activities on trip but you do on the training trip
on trips, you were expected to help on all the activities even the party nights. Some nights I didn't get to bed till 2am, party's still going on on wouldn't get to sleep till 4am, back up at 8am for 9am departure, sometimes earlier. Used to sleep most of the winter thought I was a bear 🤣🤣 but I would do it all over again, not now.to old, one week would.kill.me.off.lol
johnn4mess

Post by johnn4mess »

Avoid Reays of Wigton.
No meal allowance on Ski work.
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

howell5er wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:01 pm I know of some companies
please share!
howell5er

Post by howell5er »

127-danibber wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:01 pm
howell5er wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:01 pm I know of some companies
please share!
messaged you
gary.stoop

Post by gary.stoop »

I worked for Faniani coaches based in Slovenia 🇸🇮 for a couple of years was very enjoyable seeing all the different countries that British coaches never visit, your main obstacle is getting used to driving a left hand drive coach
DanieeUN

Post by DanieeUN »

gary.stoop wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:02 pm I worked for Faniani coaches based in Slovenia 🇸🇮 for a couple of years was very enjoyable seeing all the different countries that British coaches never visit, your main obstacle is getting used to driving a left hand drive coach
And the office
Rich+Richard

Post by Rich+Richard »

Commercial overseas Drivers limited
LOCHEREX

Post by LOCHEREX »

Brexit has pretty much put paid to that.
Jr.Jason

Post by Jr.Jason »

I worked for Topdeck before Covid stopped everything.. as Tim said with Contiki, training trip can be tough but it's well worth getting through for the end experience.. job is one of the best you'll ever have!
Jakent02

Post by Jakent02 »

Faniani
No Uk tax
No child maintenance
Bliss
So many places
Named after the owner and his wife
Absolute lovely to work with
Pays really. Really well
Expects you to treat the vehicle like your own (so long as your standards are brand new like most drivers are)
Tips. Well you know the score
Also
Its either him or his brother runs wagons too. So if they're quite on the coaches easily transferred over

Return to “Bus and coach drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”