Hi Has anyone worked for national express before? Is it as bad as the Glassdoor reviews? Im looking at a job working

Ads by bus and coach drivers looking for work
FetzQQuico

Hi Has anyone worked for national express before? Is it as bad as the Glassdoor reviews? Im looking at a job working

Post by FetzQQuico »

Hi. Has anyone worked for national express before? Is it as bad as the Glassdoor reviews? I'm looking at a job working with Selwyn's in Runcorn.
BriGamere

Re: Hi Has anyone worked for national express before? Is it as bad as the Glassdoor reviews? Im looking at a job working

Post by BriGamere »

Selwyns are ok they do do a night run if you up to it its double manned
260_andspeed

Re: Hi Has anyone worked for national express before? Is it as bad as the Glassdoor reviews? Im looking at a job working

Post by 260_andspeed »

Easy work decent money but quite repetitive and boring but that can be said about any job
FetzQQuico

Post by FetzQQuico »

Currently doing school runs, private hires. Just getting the general consensus
JohnetteGo

Post by JohnetteGo »

Been on network 3 decades never looked back since leaving service work in the early 90s.
The job is what you make it.
You can have good days and bad.
simp9ntuc

Post by simp9ntuc »

JerromCent wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:17 pm Wouldn’t recommend
it's good fun not
Jasonzo

Post by Jasonzo »

I wouldn't bother tbh. But hey give it a go. Nothing to loose
PerDarker

Post by PerDarker »

More bad days than good .....joe public knightmare .....
peter_10X

Post by peter_10X »

I worked at selwyn 20 yrs ago on nat ex was great back then but things move on. I cut my teeth on it and will turn you into a long distance driver
vernonda

Post by vernonda »

peter_10X wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:22 pm I worked at selwyn 20 yrs ago on nat ex was great back then but things move on. I cut my teeth on it and will turn you into a long distance driver
Just been reminding myself and shocked to find it was 20 odd years since my short stint for Selwyns on NX
JullShard

Post by JullShard »

If nothing else available go for it. Personally I did 2 years of londons every day and just bored me to tears
dominickf

Post by dominickf »

The work wasn't too bad, it was the management at Parkes of Hamilton in Plymouth that ruined it.
KniDDantoc

Post by KniDDantoc »

Glorified bus driving, but hey it's wages!!!!
joee1no

Post by joee1no »

Done two stints with NX through their own operations and a third party company. I found them to be decent and a no B/S company. It's good for the experience since it gives you coach driving experience. It's what you can make of it. I would say give it a go, you got more to gain than lose.
harrison

Post by harrison »

I was at selwyns last year as a private hire driver Nat ex work is alright long days and passengers can be annoying alot of rules to stick too with Nat ex (no radio, no phone as sat nav, no energy drinks not aloud to touch air con) there is a training bond I think it's about £500 if you leave within 6 months or something like that yeh get 3 days worth of CPC out of it all Nat ex training and how to suck eggs.
harrison

Post by harrison »

Oh and have fun doing the tandooris long days going cross country and into London
FetzQQuico

Post by FetzQQuico »

Sounds like I should probably stick were I am 😀
Vinn+Rise

Post by Vinn+Rise »

If you like 14 cameras watching your every move also. And an eye and head scanner too.
Salisio

Post by Salisio »

Vinn+Rise wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:26 pm If you like 14 cameras watching your every move also. And an eye and head scanner too.
never understood people's issue with this. Do nothing wrong and the cameras don't matter?
Vinn+Rise

Post by Vinn+Rise »

Salisio wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:27 pm
Vinn+Rise wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:26 pm If you like 14 cameras watching your every move also. And an eye and head scanner too.
never understood people's issue with this. Do nothing wrong and the cameras don't matter?
True.
Vinn+Rise

Post by Vinn+Rise »

Salisio wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:27 pm
Try yawning and it beeps at you an the seat vibrates. Trouble is you see someone yawn then instantly you yawn as well. Catch 22 lol
174.hougzee

Post by 174.hougzee »

Depends what you want. If youre happy doing service then probably as well to stick with it at the time being. If you want a bit of coach driving experience then nx isn't the worst thing you could do.
BillyKin2

Post by BillyKin2 »

selwyns is not that good a place to work national express is good work i really enjoyed it and have many friends still doing it if you like long hours it is ideal and the money is not to bad
garmber70

Post by garmber70 »

I'd rather clap sh*t in my hands
dani2ayin

Post by dani2ayin »

Well you must like being out of work then
dani2ayin

Post by dani2ayin »

I worked for National express for years loved it
garmber70

Post by garmber70 »

dani2ayin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:31 pm I worked for National express for years loved it
There are 2 sides to Nat Ex i have experienced im my long career. Dorset travel from Bournemouth about 20 years ago along with Eurolines and Clarkes of London and the new NETS. 1 was run by an excellent manager and staff and the other by a bunch of ass licking, paper pushing, petty small minded arseholes. I'll let you guess which 1!! Never had a day outta work unless through choice even during the pandemic. Nat Ex isn't the problem its the clowns that claim to run it!!
needhil

Post by needhil »

Honestly, it's not too bad, just a bit tedious doing the same route every day.
MyMarketto

Post by MyMarketto »

You wont even be able to fart with out being disciplined sh*t job
StevAir

Post by StevAir »

Selywns have just finished loads of there drivers that have been there a long time
vernonda

Post by vernonda »

A fair while ago now but I did NatEx for Selwyns and it was a good straightforward job
cooptone.955

Post by cooptone.955 »

Selwyns was gd to work for doin national
gaare+madd

Post by gaare+madd »

I used to do Nat Ex with LLEW jones a couple of years ago and i absolutely loved doing it, they are very strict though, but to be fair i did enjoy it, but it's each to their own
vigor-mind

Post by vigor-mind »

Any job is only as bad as you make it. You can bet your life the ones that give it the shite reviews are the ones who feel they're better than service work, but can't get a job in proper coaching!! 😂😂
Peter.Matter

Post by Peter.Matter »

You know what they say better than nothing
iankade.194

Post by iankade.194 »

I loved doing the 250 service run by galloways from Ipswich to Heathrow via stansted I just found some of the passengers were so rude and all they worried about was when they was getting to the airport because they couldn't be bothered to get up early and get an earlier coach to get them to the airport early and also the traffic on m25. Other than that great experience.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”