advice for work for newly passed class 1 driver in kent

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
James Szomolanyi

advice for work for newly passed class 1 driver in kent

Post by James Szomolanyi »

hello all,
I am a newly passed class 1 driver living in Kent, near Maidstone. i passed my test in early December last year and as yet have not been able to find any class 1 work. i have signed up to agencies, though a lot don't have anything to even offer as i have no time in the role (i haven't had any offers of work as yet). i fully understand this is the worst time of year for me to be looking and that a lot of people are having a similar issue. i have applied to a few dozen places that have only specified preferred time in role or that do not specify at all but as yet, nothing. i am also fully aware that the money isn't going to be great until i have some experience and something more to bring that just my licence.

i suppose i am just asking about to see if anyone can point me in the direction of companies that hire newly passed drivers in that area of kent. oh, and i am 34 with no points, so not a young driver, i spent almost half a decade delivering parcels in a sprinter and 6 months delivering carpets in london in a mximover (kind of long wheel base low luton) and most of my formative years in the passenger seat next to my dad driving all over europe, so i am not squeaky clean to the industry)

thanks in advance for any advice that people offer.

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”