Hi, Anybody know a decent liquidation company. So I can get rid of my Ltd company please. I have a bounce back loan

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
RR-Cobrai

Hi, Anybody know a decent liquidation company. So I can get rid of my Ltd company please. I have a bounce back loan

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Hi, Anybody know a decent liquidation company. So I can get rid of my Ltd company please. I have a bounce back loan that I owe £5800 on.
RR-Cobrai

Re: Hi, Anybody know a decent liquidation company. So I can get rid of my Ltd company please. I have a bounce back loan

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:56 pm How much do you owe
updated it pal
Willercu

Re: Hi, Anybody know a decent liquidation company. So I can get rid of my Ltd company please. I have a bounce back loan

Post by Willercu »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:56 pm
updated it pal
Don’t pay it. Let hmrc close your company down.
The government will pay it off.
It will cost you the same amount to go down the liquidation root
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:57 pm
updated it pal
what so i just ignore any letters & stop paying the loan??
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:57 pm

updated it pal
Just go to you’re bank and tell them you’re company is no longer trading.
And don’t do you’re accounts. Stop everything. The loan is with your company not you.
alan.CEO

Post by alan.CEO »

And don’t do you’re accounts. Stop everything. The loan is with your company not you.
that's not entirely true because if you used your bounce back loan to pay any portion of your salary *you* will be liable for at least some of that.
alan.CEO

Post by alan.CEO »

updated it pal
this sounds like a bad idea when you say it out loud, right?
Nigeloomi

Post by Nigeloomi »

updated it pal
If you spent 1p of the BBL on anything other than work costs, you are liable to pay the whole amount back.
embem

Post by embem »

The company is you as long you are Financial & Medical Well meaning you don't make enough $€£ but you still making Some No matters your life quality to them they have to take it back simply as that So don't advise rubbish please
roweis

Post by roweis »

Make sure your directors loan account is £0 if not then you will be personally liable for this……give these guys a ring…
https://www.thedirectorshelpline.org/
roweis

Post by roweis »

And there is no decent liquidation company. Be careful what you tell them as in keep it ‘vague’. They are all smiles and giggles until they hand it over to their liquidator.
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

roweis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:01 pm And there is no decent liquidation company. Be careful what you tell them as in keep it ‘vague’. They are all smiles and giggles until they hand it over to their liquidator.
loan is with Ltd company.
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

roweis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:01 pm And there is no decent liquidation company. Be careful what you tell them as in keep it ‘vague’. They are all smiles and giggles until they hand it over to their liquidator.
Loan is with Ltd company. Not you.
roweis

Post by roweis »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:02 pm
I beg to differ mate I’m literally in this situation as we speak.🤷🏻‍♂️😂
roweis

Post by roweis »

Quote “A director's loan must be repaid within nine months and one day of the company's year-end, or you will face a heavy tax penalty. Any unpaid balance at that time will be subject to a 32.5 per cent corporation tax charge (known as S455 tax).”
roweis

Post by roweis »

plenty more info on google.
craig_chip

Post by craig_chip »

You may find if you just leave it and company’s house start to close down your Ltd, that the bank will object to closure. HMRC a can also investigate a dissolved company upto 6 years after it has been dissolved. I would certainly get professional help
Tahard

Post by Tahard »

craig_chip wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:03 pm You may find if you just leave it and company’s house start to close down your Ltd, that the bank will object to closure. HMRC a can also investigate a dissolved company upto 6 years after it has been dissolved. I would certainly get professional help
yep there's thousands on companies house who have tried to strike off with a BBL and all have been objected to
AndrewMc

Post by AndrewMc »

craig_chip wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:03 pm You may find if you just leave it and company’s house start to close down your Ltd, that the bank will object to closure. HMRC a can also investigate a dissolved company upto 6 years after it has been dissolved. I would certainly get professional help
No may about it. They will.
France171

Post by France171 »

be careful with a bbl its not just company my friend had same but he was still liable for the loan regardless it was in the business name do research 1st normal loans yes bbl im sure work differently
Tahard

Post by Tahard »

Presumably you owe significantly more than the BBL?
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Tahard wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:05 pm Presumably you owe significantly more than the BBL?
no just the bbl. Im not allowed to use the company no more. I kept it a year hoping the laws would change but not looking likely now
teenageor

Post by teenageor »

Whatever you do get professional advice otherwise you can end up in severe hot water. HMRC are not going to be happy with you closing a company down that still owes BBL. You should have an accountant who can help. If not find one.
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

teenageor wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:06 pm Whatever you do get professional advice otherwise you can end up in severe hot water. HMRC are not going to be happy with you closing a company down that still owes BBL. You should have an accountant who can help. If not find one.
i have an accountant hes useless
teenageor

Post by teenageor »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:07 pm
teenageor wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:06 pm Whatever you do get professional advice otherwise you can end up in severe hot water. HMRC are not going to be happy with you closing a company down that still owes BBL. You should have an accountant who can help. If not find one.
We use these guys
https://www.waltonaccountancy.co.uk/
teenageor

Post by teenageor »

Can highly recommend. Went through several useless accountants before we found these guys. They've been brilliant
daviDaphne

Post by daviDaphne »

then find another accountant. Just because he is useless is no reason just to not payback a BBL and liquidate your company.
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

daviDaphne wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:08 pm
then find another accountant. Just because he is useless is no reason just to not payback a BBL and liquidate your company.
ive not used the company for 18 month & been paying it but they're clearly never going to let us use it again.
daviDaphne

Post by daviDaphne »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:08 pm

ive not used the company for 18 month & been paying it but they're clearly never going to let us use it again.
I would continue to pay the BBL. Liquidation is not something I would consider for a minimal amount that you borrowed compared to those who have taken £50,000 BBL.
Your credit score will be ruined for 6 year’s minimum.
Ian_bits

Post by Ian_bits »

daviDaphne wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:09 pm
RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:08 pm

I would continue to pay the BBL. Liquidation is not something I would consider for a minimal amount that you borrowed compared to those who have taken £50,000 BBL.
Your credit score will be ruined for 6 year’s minimum.
it doesn't go on your credit score it's your company
Ian_bits

Post by Ian_bits »

it's nothing to do with the HMRC
PpaulAce

Post by PpaulAce »

I would get professional advice.
I save a news report on this subject about a man wanting to liquidize his company, and the liquidators wanted him to repay the full Bounce Back Loan personality, or they were going to pressure him for the cash through legal means.
There are some decent accountants, liquidators that do videos on YouTube about this subject, but you need to be careful as many people post a lot of sh*t on there.
valentella

Post by valentella »

Be very careful with BBL as many Directors are under investigation regarding this BBL , I had one, and my account whos also a good friend of mine told me very clear “ pay it off “ and I did, the bank won’t let you close it as being the creditor, don’t risk prosecution for 5k, that’s my opinion as I was in the same position 👍
cleggie

Post by cleggie »

I suspect the guys having to pay back the BBL personally are where there is an overdrawn directors loan account on the LTD. Either way, I was quoted approx £4500 to go down the liquidation route which is not far off what you're saying you owe. Given the difference Vs the negative outcome of a bankrupt business against your name, I would personally pay it. Happy to recommend the guys I've been speaking to if you still want their details.
nathanfox

Post by nathanfox »

What did you spend the bbl on, you might still be liable if you didn’t use it as per the government terms. They will check
travis

Post by travis »

Could I ask why you didn't 'bounce back'? Why did you take the loan in the first place?
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

travis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:14 pm Could I ask why you didn't 'bounce back'? Why did you take the loan in the first place?
i work on the railway ir35 stopped us using the Ltd company its not been used in well over a year. If they would let me use it id be happy to pay it but the company is useless because of ir35
caroll_finn

Post by caroll_finn »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:14 pm
travis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:14 pm Could I ask why you didn't 'bounce back'? Why did you take the loan in the first place?
i work on the railway ir35 stopped us using the Ltd company its not been used in well over a year. If they would let me use it id be happy to pay it but the company is useless because of ir35
So you didn’t have a realistic prospect of generating future income through the company, meaning when you took out the loan, you were at least aware that your company would be unable to repay it. Look at the small print that accompanied the application that you signed. Search BBL or Bounce Back Loan, there’s a lot of discussion, links and personal experience. That should point you in the right direction.
roweis

Post by roweis »

I’m coming to the end of a similar situation if you wish to private message me I’m willing to share my experience.👍🏻
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

roweis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:15 pm I’m coming to the end of a similar situation if you wish to private message me I’m willing to share my experience.👍🏻
messaged you mate thankyou for offering to help
carl.F8

Post by carl.F8 »

Payments can only be about £140 a month... Just keep paying it
Lukalue

Post by Lukalue »

Bounce back loan was given in your name not your companies name... also hmrc would not liquidate a company that owes
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

Lukalue wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:17 pm Bounce back loan was given in your name not your companies name... also hmrc would not liquidate a company that owes
wrong it was giving to Ltd company.
If it was given to you in your name. Then the bank screwed you over
alinanz

Post by alinanz »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:18 pm
Lukalue wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:17 pm Bounce back loan was given in your name not your companies name... also hmrc would not liquidate a company that owes
loan was given to the company but director had to sign it with his own name
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

alinanz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:19 pm
well it’s not if the company can sign it. Can only be done by the directors of the company.
roweis

Post by roweis »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:19 pm

well it’s not if the company can sign it. Can only be done by the directors of the company.
Have you taken a BBL?
bullie

Post by bullie »

the rules for bounce back loans were different and they were quite clear and simplified regarding repayment! You could not hide behind the limited liability rules.
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

bullie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:20 pm

the rules for bounce back loans were different and they were quite clear and simplified regarding repayment! You could not hide behind the limited liability rules.
must have changed then. All done and dusted with company. No come backs
bullie

Post by bullie »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:21 pm

Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (58.58 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

bullie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:21 pm
Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:21 pm

Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

As I say. all done and dusted a year ago
bullie

Post by bullie »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:22 pm

dissolving your company to avoid repayment constitutes misconduct, what’s hard to understand about that?
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

bullie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:23 pm
Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:22 pm

dissolving your company to avoid repayment constitutes misconduct, what’s hard to understand about that?
closed down due to covid and ir35
roweis

Post by roweis »

Depends what bank you took the loan out with. My company has been liquidated & I’m currently trying to make a deal🤷🏻‍♂️.
Lukalue

Post by Lukalue »

roweis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:24 pm
Depends what bank you took the loan out with. My company has been liquidated & I’m currently trying to make a deal🤷🏻‍♂️.
that is because the loan is in your name not your limited company...I once tried to close a company where hmrc thought I owed and they stopped the closing process until my accountant finished the accounts to say I was not owing..
roweis

Post by roweis »

Lukalue wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:24 pm
that is because the loan is in your name not your limited company...I once tried to close a company where hmrc thought I owed and they stopped the closing process until my accountant finished the accounts to say I was not owing..
100% isn’t in my name. The insolvency practitioner is chasing the directors loan account amount not the BBL.
steerz

Post by steerz »

same happened to me, although it was error, if bouncebank loan still owed then companies House won't close the company
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

100% isn’t in my name. The insolvency practitioner is chasing the directors loan account amount not the BBL.
well wasn’t done correctly then.
roweis

Post by roweis »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:25 pm

was that comment for me? Surely not.👍🏻
Lukalue

Post by Lukalue »

i did not take it but I looked into it.. metro bank would create a separate account with your name to give you the loan hence I decided to back out🤣
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

Lukalue wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:26 pm

i did not take it but I looked into it.. metro bank would create a separate account with your name to give you the loan hence I decided to back out🤣
that is wrong. It would get paid into your business account
The director signs for it and the government are the guarantor. If you can’t pay it
AndrewMc

Post by AndrewMc »

Willercu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:27 pm

The director signs for it and the government are the guarantor. If you can’t pay it
Government only on the hook after the bank as exhausted all other options.
Lukalue

Post by Lukalue »

i did not get it but I know metro bank was going to give the loan in my name if I did go ahead so I backed off..
Willercu

Post by Willercu »

Lukalue wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:28 pm

i did not get it but I know metro bank was going to give the loan in my name if I did go ahead so I backed off..
should have told them it goes in Ltd company name
Laurasy

Post by Laurasy »

I can help put you in touch with the right people x
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Laurasy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:29 pm I can help put you in touch with the right people x
please do 👍
Laurasy

Post by Laurasy »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:29 pm
Laurasy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:29 pm I can help put you in touch with the right people x
please do 👍
ive inboxes you x
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Laurasy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:30 pm
RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:29 pm
please do 👍
ive inboxes you x
Thanks x
Duffy6ul

Post by Duffy6ul »

As long as you don’t have a directors loan account then just write to all your debtors saying that the company isn’t solvent anymore and has ceased trading - leave them to wind up the company.
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Duffy6ul wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:31 pm As long as you don’t have a directors loan account then just write to all your debtors saying that the company isn’t solvent anymore and has ceased trading - leave them to wind up the company.
i have no other debt than the bbl
Duffy6ul

Post by Duffy6ul »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:31 pm
Duffy6ul wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:31 pm As long as you don’t have a directors loan account then just write to all your debtors saying that the company isn’t solvent anymore and has ceased trading - leave them to wind up the company.
ask your accountant about your directors loan account - the BBL isn’t ‘your’ debt it’s the companies debt but if you owe the business money then that’s something that a liquidator can pursue to pay off some or all of the BBL depending on the amount.
RR-Cobrai

Post by RR-Cobrai »

Duffy6ul wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:32 pm
ask your accountant about your directors loan account - the BBL isn’t ‘your’ debt it’s the companies debt but if you owe the business money then that’s something that a liquidator can pursue to pay off some or all of the BBL depending on the amount.
I owe nothing except the bbl ive asked
Duffy6ul

Post by Duffy6ul »

RR-Cobrai wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:32 pm
Duffy6ul wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:32 pm

I owe nothing except the bbl ive asked
you don’t owe anything it’s the businesses liability - if the business doesn’t have money to pay for a liquidator then I wouldn’t pay my own money for one
Kixrk

Post by Kixrk »

You owe the money to the tax payers of the country get it paid back

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”