Hello, I'am looking for a solution I have a huge problem with one haulier. He took the load from Ireland to Poland

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Biel-Moff

Re: Hello, I'am looking for a solution I have a huge problem with one haulier. He took the load from Ireland to Poland

Post by Biel-Moff »

Pricerb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:07 pm Just a thought has he got himself in a pickle ran a big bill up on all his fuel cards and needs you to pay him so he can buy diesel to complete journey 😅
Thought of that too but why not say he's in trouble we would pay at the unloading place without any problem
Biel-Moff

Re: Hello, I'am looking for a solution I have a huge problem with one haulier. He took the load from Ireland to Poland

Post by Biel-Moff »

Pricerb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:07 pm Just a thought has he got himself in a pickle ran a big bill up on all his fuel cards and needs you to pay him so he can buy diesel to complete journey 😅
He can't be using fuel cards too because he subcontracted it to somebody else
incaRida

Post by incaRida »

It's simple class it as a stolen load if you had agreed terms before he took the job on then it's simple he needs to complete it tell him payment on deliver and pod
Doneripp

Post by Doneripp »

If an instant payment wasn't agreed then most people would assume you wait to receive an invoice, I would report the load stolen frankly
JiMMSimply

Post by JiMMSimply »

Pay the man problem solved it’s pretty as if you can’t even afford to pay a bill of €8,000
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

JiMMSimply wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:10 pm Pay the man problem solved it’s pretty as if you can’t even afford to pay a bill of €8,000
Who will pay for the crane costs? It's not even his truck that he's using some subcontractor
james_code

Post by james_code »

Luezap wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:11 pm Pay peanuts an all that 😂😂
exactly 🤣🤣
Gavington

Post by Gavington »

If it is army goods the surely you have done all the background work on them? Insurance, vetting, you know who they are and dealt with them before. It is insane to think that people are putting jobs on a social media site to cover such high demanding customers and government equipment. You shouldn't be doing the job in the first place. I think you should be reported for doing something as stupid as this. But I believe he can't hold the goods as they are not yours. He is breaking the law.
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Gavington wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:13 pm If it is army goods the surely you have done all the background work on them? Insurance, vetting, you know who they are and dealt with them before. It is insane to think that people are putting jobs on a social media site to cover such high demanding customers and government equipment. You shouldn't be doing the job in the first place. I think you should be reported for doing something as stupid as this. But I believe he can't hold the goods as they are not yours. He is breaking the law.
We do this job without any hassle for last 8 months regularly.
garyonsutt

Post by garyonsutt »

Pay up if he can’t get it now he’s no chance afterwards , and if you didn’t get paid up front you should’ve
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

garyonsutt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:28 pm Pay up if he can’t get it now he’s no chance afterwards , and if you didn’t get paid up front you should’ve
I did not get paid up front I'm getting paid after 45 days
garyonsutt

Post by garyonsutt »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:29 pm
garyonsutt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:28 pm Pay up if he can’t get it now he’s no chance afterwards , and if you didn’t get paid up front you should’ve
well now tell your customer the situation and get paid , and if he doesn’t pay up well now it’s his problem, but for 45 days payment il say no more
liam_LL

Post by liam_LL »

so if you sub it out are they meant to wait 45 days aswell??
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

liam_LL wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:30 pm
7 days
NixonneXP

Post by NixonneXP »

surely that all depends on the terms agreed ?
Michellizi

Post by Michellizi »

NixonneXP wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:31 pm

surely that all depends on the terms agreed ?
once it leave the jurisdiction and arrives at destination you ain’t got a chance of ever been paid as if the rozzers are called they’ll make you offload it .
frieles

Post by frieles »

Simple solution. If you agreed a price. Pay him. If not. Ring the police and report load stolen!
ScoMaco

Post by ScoMaco »

Something sounds dodgy about this whole post.
Still no mention of who the carrier was?? 🤔🤔
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

ScoMaco wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:36 pm Something sounds dodgy about this whole post.
Few people has messaged me they know who this guy is
ScoMaco

Post by ScoMaco »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:36 pm
ScoMaco wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:36 pm Something sounds dodgy about this whole post.
well make his name public to save other people dealing with him.... Who are the few people?? I don't see anyone on your post saying they know who it is.
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

ScoMaco wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:37 pm
well make his name public to save other people dealing with him.... Who are the few people?? I don't see anyone on your post saying they know who it is.
I will make it public don't worry when time suits
ScoMaco

Post by ScoMaco »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:37 pm

too cadgey mate.... I smell fish
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:37 pm

too cadgey mate.... I smell fish
Once it's sorted give it time
gebbieMe

Post by gebbieMe »

If you can't pay,why arrange a collection/delivery?
terry.tally

Post by terry.tally »

Why not offer half payment now rest when you get p o d ??? It will get job done ? Give him elbow after that ???
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

terry.tally wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:39 pm Why not offer half payment now rest when you get p o d ??? It will get job done ? Give him elbow after that ???
Done that
GaryBerry

Post by GaryBerry »

terry.tally wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:39 pm Get police ??? Stolen load !!
not stolen. Load is being held until transportation is paid for.
terry.tally

Post by terry.tally »

GaryBerry wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:40 pm
terry.tally wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:39 pm Get police ??? Stolen load !!
not stolen. Load is being held until transportation is paid for.
whats the difference job taken not completed being held unknown stolen in my book?? Still always a do gooder??
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Niallusto wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:42 pm Why nit pay him
For a job that has not been done? Being delayed ? If i come and paint your house I paint half of it and than order a scaffloader you to pay for it and than not show up and leave the house only half painted would you pay me ?
Niallusto

Post by Niallusto »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:42 pm
For a job that has not been done? Being delayed ? If i come and paint your house I paint half of it and than order a scaffloader you to pay for it and than not show up and leave the house only half painted would you pay me ?
bit different.sounds like more to storey
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Niallusto wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:43 pm
Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:42 pm
bit different.sounds like more to storey
It really is not no invoices are overdue one was paid few days ago way before payment was due
breakids

Post by breakids »

Next time use an established haulier, not some immigrant with an I-phone on here 😂. I would have thought €8k Ireland to Poland was a bit strong anyway !!
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

breakids wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:45 pm Next time use an established haulier, not some immigrant with an I-phone on here 😂. I would have thought €8k Ireland to Poland was a bit strong anyway !!
Will be smarter for the future
williamed9

Post by williamed9 »

breakids wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:45 pm Next time use an established haulier, not some immigrant with an I-phone on here 😂. I would have thought €8k Ireland to Poland was a bit strong anyway !!
That’s a problem subcontractors go for the cheapest not the best
Davegradi

Post by Davegradi »

a bit strong ? 😂
sti3sorp

Post by sti3sorp »

By the sounds of it yer man doubled the load up
But in any event it’s still the same amount 2 lots of €4000 or a single payment of €8000
breakids

Post by breakids »

sti3sorp wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:47 pm
But in any event it’s still the same amount 2 lots of €4000 or a single payment of €8000
Obviously it depends on whereabouts in Ireland and whereabouts in Poland, but if the two items would go on one trailer, I would think €6k would be nearer to reality. It’s only a 3 day job max!!
sti3sorp

Post by sti3sorp »

breakids wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:47 pm
sti3sorp wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:47 pm
Obviously it depends on whereabouts in Ireland and whereabouts in Poland, but if the two items would go on one trailer, I would think €6k would be nearer to reality. It’s only a 3 day job max!!
Yes I agree
Chris_Choice

Post by Chris_Choice »

Sounds more like the haulier he subbed it out to is playing the silly c**t here. Ask your haulier for the details of the haulier he has used and report it to the police. If you agreed a payment term then stick to it. It looks as though from what you are saying you have tried to offer half now and rest on delivery which they obviously aren't taking so just report it to the correct authorities and let them deal with it. If you've got a transport contract then stick to it. Your well with your rights to report it stolen. Don't play nice with him. He is trying to have you over so give him the same respect he is showing you.
Keitheo

Post by Keitheo »

Sounds like a right f**k up
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Keitheo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:49 pm Sounds like a right f**k up
My head is melted from it
Keitheo

Post by Keitheo »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:49 pm
I suspect it is as others have said engage with haulier maybe offer 60% to get it delivered 40% paid on pod
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Keitheo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:50 pm
Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:49 pm
I suspect it is as others have said engage with haulier maybe offer 60% to get it delivered 40% paid on pod
I've tried 50/50 but it's like hitting a wall
Jefferts

Post by Jefferts »

If you arranged 2 trucks and he used one happy days pay him for one
JihnoTarget

Post by JihnoTarget »

What’s the problem if haulier got items safely on one truck and gets them delivered?
Stewardo

Post by Stewardo »

JihnoTarget wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:51 pm What’s the problem if haulier got items safely on one truck and gets them delivered?
but he hasn’t
alanispo

Post by alanispo »

how have you let this drag on so long. There must be some part of the story you are not advising? Why have you not contacted the police?
Tommerto

Post by Tommerto »

alanispo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 pm how have you let this drag on so long. There must be some part of the story you are not advising? Why have you not contacted the police?
not adding up mate is it
alanispo

Post by alanispo »

Tommerto wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 pm
alanispo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 pm how have you let this drag on so long. There must be some part of the story you are not advising? Why have you not contacted the police?
not adding up mate is it
Why would anyone let this drag on for over a week. Id be straight onto the law. Its a stolen load. Unless of course, there is something we are not being told 🤷
Tommerto

Post by Tommerto »

alanispo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 pm
Tommerto wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 pm
not adding up mate is it
Why would anyone let this drag on for over a week. Id be straight onto the law. Its a stolen load. Unless of course, there is something we are not being told 🤷
absolutely. I’d be on the phone within minutes.
Davegradi

Post by Davegradi »

he’s dead right to hold the load until payment is made in full . he used his head getting the two loads on one trailer. now you feel you should have the benefit of his experience. pay up and it will be an end to it . if he delivered the load you would dispute the rate
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Davegradi wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:56 pm he’s dead right to hold the load until payment is made in full . he used his head getting the two loads on one trailer. now you feel you should have the benefit of his experience. pay up and it will be an end to it . if he delivered the load you would dispute the rate
It's not about the two traillers at all have you read the full story or only half? Goods were supposed to be delivered Friday, today is 28th and the truck is still not on the unloading site
Davegradi

Post by Davegradi »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:56 pm
Davegradi wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:56 pm he’s dead right to hold the load until payment is made in full . he used his head getting the two loads on one trailer. now you feel you should have the benefit of his experience. pay up and it will be an end to it . if he delivered the load you would dispute the rate
It's not about the two traillers at all have you read the full story or only half? Goods were supposed to be delivered Friday, today is 28th and the truck is still not on the unloading site
why has he stopped the truck ? why is he looking for payment before going any further? i did read the full story. did you tell the full story ?
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Davegradi wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:57 pm
why has he stopped the truck ? why is he looking for payment before going any further? i did read the full story. did you tell the full story ?
He stopped because out of nowhere he changed his mind and wanted to get paid in front. Stopped the truck and told me about this 2 days later
Davegradi

Post by Davegradi »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 pm

He stopped because out of nowhere he changed his mind and wanted to get paid in front. Stopped the truck and told me about this 2 days later
bullsh*t
KieCzar

Post by KieCzar »

Davegradi wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 pm
Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 pm

bullsh*t
the man was smarter than the agent ok All these agents with no trucks shipping accounts forklifts insurance and so on are the scum of transport. They f**k every rate and still want profit on it . But the other side of that coin is the fool doing it on credit on the forwarder s behalf . Haulage is f**ked
Janinel

Post by Janinel »

Well important thing is that you have got yourself/selected the most cheapest haulier don't worry about anything else
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Janinel wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 pm Well important thing is that you have got yourself/selected the most cheapest haulier don't worry about anything else
And that's not true
Janinel

Post by Janinel »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 pm
Janinel wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 pm Well important thing is that you have got yourself/selected the most cheapest haulier don't worry about anything else
And that's not true
example I am a honest owner operator with 1 truck available to deliver the goods across all 🇪🇺 and I have problems to get the load because they say I am to expensive
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

Janinel wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:04 pm
And that's not true
example I am a honest owner operator with 1 truck available to deliver the goods across all 🇪🇺 and I have problems to get the load because they say I am to expensive
I've loads from IE to Germany
Janinel

Post by Janinel »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:04 pm
Janinel wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:04 pm

And that's not true
I've loads from IE to Germany
that is great to know... [email protected]
coopyNedd

Post by coopyNedd »

This had disaster written all over it,Before I’d finished reading……
articlesch

Post by articlesch »

It’s quite simple. Report load stolen to the police.
Provide them with vehicle and haulier details and all correspondence including the written agreement.
KieCzar

Post by KieCzar »

articlesch wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:06 pm It’s quite simple. Report load stolen to the police.
Provide them with vehicle and haulier details and all correspondence including the written agreement.
what police station will he report it too or which country lol
davidCook

Post by davidCook »

If you didn’t have the money to hand you shouldn’t have booked him to take it,
1 truck or 2 don’t matter getting you containers to Poland is what your paying for,
Have you moaned about this because if you have he sure thinks he’s not getting paid
Get his money and go to Poland and give him it when ge arrives with your containers
It’s your only solution now
Fly there and get it sorted
cipriandy

Post by cipriandy »

This is happening when all want transport for nothing and money fast is better to used people who have good experience and base in uk good lock you cannot doing nothing you must pay and pry to don't sale if already doing .Sorry
bradvasy

Post by bradvasy »

Here chief if your giving me 8k to run Ireland to Poland
Give me a pm I’ll certainly cover the job
deansay

Post by deansay »

Did you owe him money from a previous job
Biel-Moff

Post by Biel-Moff »

deansay wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm Did you owe him money from a previous job
nope
deansay

Post by deansay »

Biel-Moff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:09 pm
deansay wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm Did you owe him money from a previous job
nope
no reason for it it's theft report it

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”