Anyone else have a daily competition with there driver mates on how many MARITIME trucks they pass in a day. So who

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
andixre

Re: Anyone else have a daily competition with there driver mates on how many MARITIME trucks they pass in a day. So who

Post by andixre »

Alextrol wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm
andixre wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:58 pm I work for them don’t really care who passes me but immature drivers who like to play around with us cause more issues than us as in doing 50 and waiting until we are almost past then pulling away
just jealous you're stuck at 52 👀
ah hum 53 mine pal 😂
Alextrol

Re: Anyone else have a daily competition with there driver mates on how many MARITIME trucks they pass in a day. So who

Post by Alextrol »

andixre wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm
andixre wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:58 pm I work for them don’t really care who passes me but immature drivers who like to play around with us cause more issues than us as in doing 50 and waiting until we are almost past then pulling away
ah hum 53 mine pal 😂
paid by the hour though 😪
andixre

Post by andixre »

andixre wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm

ah hum 53 mine pal 😂
paid by the hour though 😪
we are after our fixed 10 paid to chillax
Jr.Jason

Post by Jr.Jason »

you're just jealous
Craigyll

Post by Craigyll »

I work for them and it’s 52mph I do mostly local loads within the north east so don’t really notice a big difference to be honest!
JoHELLAND

Post by JoHELLAND »

I bimble along with them.
I am in no rush and their kit always looks pretty neat.
Wouldn't mind a job with them but they don't take drivers with a TT99 ban code, sadly.
antoose

Post by antoose »

I'm limited to 56, I'm still just going along at 50, music on let the world go by, never getting stuck behind anyone no stress when I'm the slowest on the road
jayinn

Post by jayinn »

Has to be a v8 boy posting this 😂
darren_BB

Post by darren_BB »

Can I just say maritime drivers are not paid by the hour.
Daesau

Post by Daesau »

darren_BB wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:04 pm Can I just say maritime drivers are not paid by the hour.
definitely are after 10 hours a day guaranteed daily rate for the first 10hrs
darren_BB

Post by darren_BB »

I've worked there 8 years love it
darren_BB

Post by darren_BB »

If maritime are doing 51 mph and you are doing 56mph who's chasing the dragon. Have a think about that
hannte

Post by hannte »

Your missing a company that does 53mph
Dandanic

Post by Dandanic »

Volvo can do 53 but cruise is restricted to 52, Mercedes is 53, scania R cabs are 52/53, the 500s scanias from what I’ve witnessed say 52 but more like 50/51, V8’s I don’t know (54 apparently), and the DAF I have no idea
Dandanic

Post by Dandanic »

Limits all done for fuel economy, doesn’t bother me, paid by the hour and after 10 hours we on overtime, plus we have drop trailers pretty much everywhere so no sitting around
ross.amy

Post by ross.amy »

Dandanic wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:09 pm Limits all done for fuel economy, doesn’t bother me, paid by the hour and after 10 hours we on overtime, plus we have drop trailers pretty much everywhere so no sitting around
52mph and a drop and swap beats 56mph and 3 hours at an RDC 🤣
373-kevvello

Post by 373-kevvello »

Who really cares what speed they do .. crack on with your own life ...
olantur

Post by olantur »

You’re also winding up on another group I guess
EdwTastic

Post by EdwTastic »

I bet they go through some headlight bulbs flashing people in all day long 😜
Dandanic

Post by Dandanic »

EdwTastic wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:12 pm I bet they go through some headlight bulbs flashing people in all day long 😜
not when they’re all being upgraded to LED
Daesau

Post by Daesau »

EdwTastic wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:12 pm I bet they go through some headlight bulbs flashing people in all day long 😜
save money on indicator bulbs tho 👍
andyMingro

Post by andyMingro »

We get paid by the hr so who cares how fast we go
PalmerBoz

Post by PalmerBoz »

Move out the way bloody maritime knobs
quaff230

Post by quaff230 »

They were restricted to 52 when I worked for them and they had use of a few Tesco mercedes units that were restricted to 49.5 mph. Trucks back then come with Microwave, coffee maker, fridge and £50 a week tax free for meals. Mostly Scania then with manual gearbox. John Williams the owner has done well.
yeddings

Post by yeddings »

When I drove for Maritime I got a written warning for doing 60.3 mph down hill, 44 ton gross, twice in 2 year's, both time on a Friday and the manager go upset because I laughed. But to be fair you can earn decent fuel bonus on there and it does not matter if you are late for deliveries.
alpine xf 95

Post by alpine xf 95 »

What i can Confirm Running at 60 MPH is ONE mile per gallon better than Running at 56 MPH and thats a FACT.
Running at 52 MPH with a Camara watching your every move, Fuck Taffy Williams, How with any Bollox would work for that Shit Outfit ? Only a Muppet.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”