TM CPC exam

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Irossyma

TM CPC exam

Post by Irossyma »

Hi all, I've just sat the TM CPC exam march 2024 (Sega) and I was wondering is there anyone else on here who sat the papers and how do they feel about it? I thought I'd be fine with having to wait 6 weeks for my results and it's only been a day and it's already killing me!!
CHRISHENS

Re: TM CPC exam

Post by CHRISHENS »

Was the scheduling question split into 2? Last question about considerations for negotiating a contract?
wenna2036

Post by wenna2036 »

Aww I’m sure you will be fine, I did mine a few years back, felt exactly the same. How did you find it?
ENGLISHMANN

Post by ENGLISHMANN »

Was the longest 6 weeks of my and had it 3 times never again
EvahanGen

Post by EvahanGen »

Be patient. I sympathize. I remembered the questions and marked myself from memory. I wasn't far off. I was happy to pass.
Its not easy, and if u pass, be proud of what u achieved. If not, dust down, go again.
hillwoNath

Post by hillwoNath »

I also just sat mime last Friday, multiple choice only as I'd already passed the case study previously. 36 hours later and I'm still desperately trying to remember some of the questions to check my answers!
Darrapp-Bro

Post by Darrapp-Bro »

Yes I did it yesterday, found both difficult compared to the mocks we did.... case study really long winded so trickie to negotiate.
Long old wait now!
riaz2dian

Post by riaz2dian »

I sat aswell. Found very difficult
ScoleMoStand

Post by ScoleMoStand »

Reading these comments makes me crap myself and wonder why I’m even doing this towards the end of the year 🤣
Mandyan

Post by Mandyan »

I remember feeling the same when I did my SEGA exam last year. I found two of the questions quite difficult and expected to fail, so I was planning on completing course again and sitting the exam a second time. I was surprised but delighted when I passed, you could be the same. Good Luck.
Irossyma

Post by Irossyma »

CHRISHENS wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am Was the scheduling question split into 2? Last question about considerations for negotiating a contract?
Hi, yeah the schedule was split into two and question 5b was about negotiating a contract but it was about the variation on the standard terms and conditions of carriage. It was difficult but I feel confident with the multiple choice but I just cannot gauge if I've done well on the case study
Irossyma

Post by Irossyma »

wenna2036 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:46 am Aww I’m sure you will be fine, I did mine a few years back, felt exactly the same. How did you find it?
In all honesty I think I did fine on the multiple choice because I tallied up my answers at the end and was confident I had gotten 43 correct haha but the case study I find ( through doing mock tests) you can never gauge exactly what they want from you? Sometimes, just the way the questions worded can lead you you in one direction but they wanted something completely different. One of the questions was about a variation of standard terms and conditions of carriage and, when I turned to the page in the manual, all I could find was "see RHA and Logistics UK website for standard terms and conditions of carriage" fantastic haha but that was only seven marks and I've become fixated on it now and it's made me doubt my performance on the rest of the test... Confidence is key and the TM CPC exam has completely knocked it all out of me haha
thecoops60

Post by thecoops60 »

Haha, me too.... that bloody conditions of carriage question threw me.... all the guys on our course agreed not to dwell on the questions after the exams or we'd be mad with ourselves if we understood it differently.... I did well in the mocks but I'm seriously doubting myself about the main exam.... it just felt different and so bloody tricky....
Irossyma

Post by Irossyma »

thecoops60 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:06 pm Haha, me too.... that bloody conditions of carriage question threw me.... all the guys on our course agreed not to dwell on the questions after the exams or we'd be mad with ourselves if we understood it differently.... I did well in the mocks but I'm seriously doubting myself about the main exam.... it just felt different and so bloody tricky....
Haha I couldn't agree more, I genuinely think that I fully understood all the other questions like " 8 examples of documentation that you'd find in a vehicles file relating to maintenance" and all the operators licencing questions at the beginning but that condition of carriage question has properly rattled me to the core haha. I've heard that someone high up said the exams weren't hard enough so decembers paper and march's where made to be examples to assure them they aren't too easy.
JCobDelight

Post by JCobDelight »

CHRISHENS wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am Was the scheduling question split into 2? Last question about considerations for negotiating a contract?
yes was two schedules the second schedule was linked to the first
Irossyma

Post by Irossyma »

Just thought I'd let everyone know... I passed!!!

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”