Amazon partners, what’s your thoughts on Amazon’s intent on changing your contract with them which effectively will

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
bazin-vello

Amazon partners, what’s your thoughts on Amazon’s intent on changing your contract with them which effectively will

Post by bazin-vello »

Amazon partners, what’s your thoughts on Amazon’s intent on changing your contract with them which effectively will put your drivers on a zero hours contracts.
bazin-vello

Re: Amazon partners, what’s your thoughts on Amazon’s intent on changing your contract with them which effectively will

Post by bazin-vello »

ReportDance wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:27 pm Why will it do that?
told by freight partner that Amazon have reduced the hours considerably and as such they can’t guarantee any more than 24 hours per week.
ReportDance

Re: Amazon partners, what’s your thoughts on Amazon’s intent on changing your contract with them which effectively will

Post by ReportDance »

bazin-vello wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:27 pm
told by freight partner that Amazon have reduced the hours considerably and as such they can’t guarantee any more than 24 hours per week.
that's interesting. What's your role in this then if you aren't a Freight partner?
bazin-vello

Post by bazin-vello »

ReportDance wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:28 pm
that's interesting. What's your role in this then if you aren't a Freight partner?
I’m contemplating becoming a freight partner and know a lot of drivers working for a freight partner who have made contact expressing concern.
ReportDance

Post by ReportDance »

bazin-vello wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:28 pm

I’m contemplating becoming a freight partner and know a lot of drivers working for a freight partner who have made contact expressing concern.
I guess that's the problem with listening to driver gossip. It's rarely accurate!!
bazin-vello

Post by bazin-vello »

ReportDance wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:29 pm
bazin-vello wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:28 pm

I guess that's the problem with listening to driver gossip. It's rarely accurate!!
I wish it was just gossip, I’ve been sent the emails from the Amazon partner to each driver stating this.
I wouldn’t be on here wasting good peoples time otherwise…
GGrattonx

Post by GGrattonx »

Can you expand a bit more on this? Details? This is extremely important for us drivers. I won't be hanging about on any zero hours contract for the low pay we receive. Rather work on an agency on higher rates.
bazin-vello

Post by bazin-vello »

GGrattonx wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm Can you expand a bit more on this? Details? This is extremely important for us drivers. I won't be hanging about on any zero hours contract for the low pay we receive. Rather work on an agency on higher rates.
I’m trying to find out on behalf of the drivers that have called me who currently work for a freight partner who is telling them that Amazon have changed there contract and as such the freight partner is changing the drivers contract to a 24 hours contract with extra hours Available BUT not guaranteed.
I’m trying to ascertain if this is Amazon or it’s actually the freight partner’s decision.
GGrattonx

Post by GGrattonx »

bazin-vello wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm
GGrattonx wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm Can you expand a bit more on this? Details? This is extremely important for us drivers. I won't be hanging about on any zero hours contract for the low pay we receive. Rather work on an agency on higher rates.
I’m trying to find out on behalf of the drivers that have called me who currently work for a freight partner who is telling them that Amazon have changed there contract and as such the freight partner is changing the drivers contract to a 24 hours contract with extra hours Available BUT not guaranteed.
I’m trying to ascertain if this is Amazon or it’s actually the freight partner’s decision.
yeah need to find out before I approach the partner I work for. Just wanted to know if it's just drivers room gossip or not. Lots of rumours have been flying about recently. If any are true then I'm off. The route planning is a total disaster at the moment so I'm already half way out the door
bazin-vello

Post by bazin-vello »

GGrattonx wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:31 pm
bazin-vello wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm
yeah need to find out before I approach the partner I work for. Just wanted to know if it's just drivers room gossip or not. Lots of rumours have been flying about recently. If any are true then I'm off. The route planning is a total disaster at the moment so I'm already half way out the door
I’ve been sent the emails from the drivers from the Amazon partner stating these changes.
Trying to find out if it’s Amazon or the partner that’s actually changing contracts…
Kawcall

Post by Kawcall »

Good luck to found drivers to work for you.
Duffy6ul

Post by Duffy6ul »

Mcfaulder wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:33 pm Why do that?
just talked to an English driver at Peterborough, they asked him to stop on for another hr, he said no chance did that yesterday and didn't get paid for it , so he's gone.
Mcfaulder

Post by Mcfaulder »

Duffy6ul wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:34 pm
just talked to an English driver at Peterborough, they asked him to stop on for another hr, he said no chance did that yesterday and didn't get paid for it , so he's gone.
bubble has burst mate
Duffy6ul

Post by Duffy6ul »

Mcfaulder wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:34 pm
bubble has burst mate
yip, slam to the rescue 🤣
Mcfaulder

Post by Mcfaulder »

Mcfaulder wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:34 pm

bubble has burst mate
yip, slam to the rescue 🤣
that bubble has burst too mate
andyfaxio

Post by andyfaxio »

They had tried to bring in solo 6 instead of solo 7 (60 tours instead of 70) they would have still been over 7 days but afps pushed back as it meant redundancies and amazon were being uncooperative as usual saying your problem you sort it (std response) they have gone back on the solo6 plan, not before causing chaos and stress to both afp and their drivers with the uncertainty. I have not heard of any other changes to the programme other than they reduced the hourly pay rate.
GGrattonx

Post by GGrattonx »

andyfaxio wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:36 pm They had tried to bring in solo 6 instead of solo 7 (60 tours instead of 70) they would have still been over 7 days but afps pushed back as it meant redundancies and amazon were being uncooperative as usual saying your problem you sort it (std response) they have gone back on the solo6 plan, not before causing chaos and stress to both afp and their drivers with the uncertainty. I have not heard of any other changes to the programme other than they reduced the hourly pay rate.
is that asking each service partner to stand down their vehicles one day per week? I heard about this last week in a drivers waiting room. I asked my boss who said they had not heard anything. Amazon also told them that they dont have any of their own drivers at the moment which we all know to be untrue as shunters are out doing runs. I'm getting really bad vibes about this and getting ready to jump ship.
andyfaxio

Post by andyfaxio »

GGrattonx wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:36 pm
andyfaxio wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:36 pm They had tried to bring in solo 6 instead of solo 7 (60 tours instead of 70) they would have still been over 7 days but afps pushed back as it meant redundancies and amazon were being uncooperative as usual saying your problem you sort it (std response) they have gone back on the solo6 plan, not before causing chaos and stress to both afp and their drivers with the uncertainty. I have not heard of any other changes to the programme other than they reduced the hourly pay rate.
is that asking each service partner to stand down their vehicles one day per week? I heard about this last week in a drivers waiting room. I asked my boss who said they had not heard anything. Amazon also told them that they dont have any of their own drivers at the moment which we all know to be untrue as shunters are out doing runs. I'm getting really bad vibes about this and getting ready to jump ship.
they proposed solo 6 as they have unused blocks, it was to be 60 runs instead of 70 over 7 days, they are not proceeding with it now, the main issue is they are constantly trying to cut costs bit not looking at the obvious which is empty mileage, The tom teams at most sites do not have tm cpc so they would need a lot of staff trained before they could operate on their own and I think they like the way they can shift blame to afp. Always plenty ready to join the programme, seen several come and go over the 3 years I have been involved
GGrattonx

Post by GGrattonx »

andyfaxio wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 pm
they proposed solo 6 as they have unused blocks, it was to be 60 runs instead of 70 over 7 days, they are not proceeding with it now, the main issue is they are constantly trying to cut costs bit not looking at the obvious which is empty mileage, The tom teams at most sites do not have tm cpc so they would need a lot of staff trained before they could operate on their own and I think they like the way they can shift blame to afp. Always plenty ready to join the programme, seen several come and go over the 3 years I have been involved
ah we had something similar to that in march this year when the amount of runs was reduced so we had lay off days until natural wastage solved the problem. You are right about the empty mileage....it's crazy. I always say if they sorted that out they could pay us a bit more. I do like the job as it's easy work but we all need financial security especially as we are rock bottom on wages earned within the industry. None of any gripe I have is with my actual employers (service partner) as they are a great company to work for.
marc8mbio

Post by marc8mbio »

GGrattonx wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 pm
andyfaxio wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:37 pm

ah we had something similar to that in march this year when the amount of runs was reduced so we had lay off days until natural wastage solved the problem. You are right about the empty mileage....it's crazy. I always say if they sorted that out they could pay us a bit more. I do like the job as it's easy work but we all need financial security especially as we are rock bottom on wages earned within the industry. None of any gripe I have is with my actual employers (service partner) as they are a great company to work for.
hey it’s about time you start looking for another job! Same in EU!! My cousin does same job in Belgium was ltd not any more currently employed on zero hours contract! Work wise cut from doing 5-6 days to 4-5 Days tops!
Brian+Orion

Post by Brian+Orion »

The one I work/worked for reduced pay overnight, from 13.95hr for min 10hrs.
To day rate of 140, sat and sun 155.
Nights of course, but funnily Amazon expected 12hrs which didnt include travel to or vehicle check or refuel at endnof shift so totalling 15hrs almost every shift so overnight 14hrs for example went from 195 quid to 140, 13.95hr to 10 quid, 15hrs is essentially £9.33hr. Now because the good drivers left, they have the clinger on,ers, the fresh passes and the crap drivers, so ratings went down so they were punished with even earlier starts.
Now they wonder why they have people having RTA's and smashing up the trucks and falling asleep at services
Brian+Orion

Post by Brian+Orion »

Oh and if amazon cancel your run, they take another 40 quid off your day rate
GGrattonx

Post by GGrattonx »

Brian+Orion wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:39 pm Oh and if amazon cancel your run, they take another 40 quid off your day rate
that's one of the few perks to working on Amazon. If they take that away then no point staying
ioandx2free

Post by ioandx2free »

I'm working for an amazon partner £13.33/h minimum pay hours it's 12h a day, never done more than 13-14h from the time i left my house until im back home my relay shifts its 8-12 but always finish early than the scheduled time still get paid for 12h. Any job cancel get full paid
BuzzBarry

Post by BuzzBarry »

For last year amazon got 134.3 billion $ profit only
Jonesin

Post by Jonesin »

Hi all, is an ex driver And seem to want to upset you all by coming on line with limited info. Yes amazon has tried to change the contracts and have only now delayed it. they will be doing the solo 6 but not right now as they need to sort there end out. Before they roll it back out. But seems to want to wind you all up. When he has northing to do with this work. And does not drive trucks anymore. Every AFP will run there trucks and drivers differently. And in order to accommodate this solo6 they will all have to make changes in order to keep there company's going. People like you all they want to do is to get involved and sh*t stir. Please do not asked me any questions as I'm not hear to answer you. I just saw this and thought what a plonker I need to say something lol.
AshPlatinum

Post by AshPlatinum »

Jonesin wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:43 pm Hi all, is an ex driver And seem to want to upset you all by coming on line with limited info. Yes amazon has tried to change the contracts and have only now delayed it. they will be doing the solo 6 but not right now as they need to sort there end out. Before they roll it back out. But seems to want to wind you all up. When he has northing to do with this work. And does not drive trucks anymore. Every AFP will run there trucks and drivers differently. And in order to accommodate this solo6 they will all have to make changes in order to keep there company's going. People like you all they want to do is to get involved and sh*t stir. Please do not asked me any questions as I'm not hear to answer you. I just saw this and thought what a plonker I need to say something lol.
well said mate
Ps hope to see you both soon
marc8mbio

Post by marc8mbio »

This is already happening I do know my self company who will employ you on zero hours contact (Northamptonshire)
Definitely not gossip!!
Also amazon is cutting down on partners who still pay LTD rate
Once again I know 3-5 (partners company) who after audit have change contracts etc

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”