Hello I'm looking for advice. Cant understand someone issued penalty points for me and I never get any penalty fee

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
SEBASCO

Hello I'm looking for advice. Cant understand someone issued penalty points for me and I never get any penalty fee

Post by SEBASCO »

Hello I'm looking for advice.
I pass my class 1 license at 1 November 2023. I did receive my New driving license 2 weeks after.
At 30th November I completed Professional driving qualification course (called CPC).
Obviously something was wrong that my CPC card didn't arrived at 18th December as it says delivered to home.
I Called my school which I paid for this CPC course 2 days ago that the card never arrived. They sent me screenshot so I called DVSA about that and they issued New one. The problem is I see 1 endorsement for speeding at 8 July 2023 which is 3 points on my driving license.
I never get any letter from fixed penalty office and I never paid for any penalty like that. I was never caught by Police for speeding but I realize that now because my school sent me the screenshot of my CPC card where it says I got 1 endorsement with 3 points. Also I remember what I was doing this day (I got Photo in gallery) I got that Time newborn baby so remember that I spent this Day with my son.
Now Its hard for me to find the job as class 1 driver.
How I can appeal from that?
Until now I wouldn't have known that I had points for something I didn't do if it wasn't for the fact that I was informed by the school sending me a photo of my CPC card.
Cant understand someone issued penalty points for me and I never get any penalty fee to pay or either the letter with any information. Or even option for go on course.
Down there I attach the Photo.
Sorry for the language.
Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (59.52 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Granbel

Re: Hello I'm looking for advice. Cant understand someone issued penalty points for me and I never get any penalty fee

Post by Granbel »

Contact the court who issued the penalty.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 219 times
SEBASCO

Re: Hello I'm looking for advice. Cant understand someone issued penalty points for me and I never get any penalty fee

Post by SEBASCO »

I'll do tomorrow, thank you guys for answer I appreciate it.
Foolhardy

Post by Foolhardy »

I'd contact the police as well as someone has committed fraud
chico_fox

Post by chico_fox »

So what you would have to do is something called a sanctuary declaration by ringing the court, they will then reopen the case which you will then have to attend to say you had no knowledge of the points then you will be given a second court date which will go to trail for you to prove that it wasn't you etc… happened to me and points where eventually removed.
GenIdeall

Post by GenIdeall »

And l would suggest sebasco, that in the future since your going to be driving profesionaly once in a week check your online status of your licence.cause now you realise almost after 6 months that you have points on your licence.if the cpc card came with your licence you wer going to realise when the company your applying work for tell you ..that you have points on your licence..hope it wont be hard to argue something after all those months.goodluck though...
SEBASCO

Post by SEBASCO »

GenIdeall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:25 pm And l would suggest sebasco, that in the future since your going to be driving profesionaly once in a week check your online status of your licence.cause now you realise almost after 6 months that you have points on your licence.if the cpc card came with your licence you wer going to realise when the company your applying work for tell you ..that you have points on your licence..hope it wont be hard to argue something after all those months.goodluck though...
thanks for advice, exactly i will do that when I sort it out.
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

If you really didn’t know anything about the speeding ticket, then you best getting all your evidence together, ie where you were at the time, with evidence to prove it, not just saying I was a home watching, also ask to see what proof they have, it could of cloned car that has got the flashed, but again you need to prove it wasn’t you, so a photo of your vehicle and see if it differs from yours, the paperwork that has been sent to may of got lost, so again they have to prove it was sent to the correct address, your best bet is to get legal advice, and not ask hairy arsed truck drivers, remember facts not fiction might get the points taken off.
SEBASCO

Post by SEBASCO »

TimGoofy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:26 pm If you really didn’t know anything about the speeding ticket, then you best getting all your evidence together, ie where you were at the time, with evidence to prove it, not just saying I was a home watching, also ask to see what proof they have, it could of cloned car that has got the flashed, but again you need to prove it wasn’t you, so a photo of your vehicle and see if it differs from yours, the paperwork that has been sent to may of got lost, so again they have to prove it was sent to the correct address, your best bet is to get legal advice, and not ask hairy arsed truck drivers, remember facts not fiction might get the points taken off.
I got that and also my statements from bank that I was in supermarket located in Luton so don't really know why penalty was issued in Southend.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (70.69 KiB) Viewed 210 times
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

SEBASCO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:27 pm
TimGoofy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:26 pm If you really didn’t know anything about the speeding ticket, then you best getting all your evidence together, ie where you were at the time, with evidence to prove it, not just saying I was a home watching, also ask to see what proof they have, it could of cloned car that has got the flashed, but again you need to prove it wasn’t you, so a photo of your vehicle and see if it differs from yours, the paperwork that has been sent to may of got lost, so again they have to prove it was sent to the correct address, your best bet is to get legal advice, and not ask hairy arsed truck drivers, remember facts not fiction might get the points taken off.
I got that and also my statements from bank that I was in supermarket located in Luton so don't really know why penalty was issued in Southend.
then get all your facts together, armed with those facts and as much as you can, ask Essex police for their evidence, just because they might have a photo with your pink mini with the same reg, it might not be your pink mini, Essex police’s photo might have a photo of a pink mini with yellow wheels and yours could bright yellow, what I’m saying all cars will be different in some way, but you need proof, only the other week there was article on TV where a couple of people proved it wasn’t their cars racking up speeding tickets, LEZ fines.
SEBASCO

Post by SEBASCO »

TimGoofy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:28 pm
then get all your facts together, armed with those facts and as much as you can, ask Essex police for their evidence, just because they might have a photo with your pink mini with the same reg, it might not be your pink mini, Essex police’s photo might have a photo of a pink mini with yellow wheels and yours could bright yellow, what I’m saying all cars will be different in some way, but you need proof, only the other week there was article on TV where a couple of people proved it wasn’t their cars racking up speeding tickets, LEZ fines.
I'll do that 🙂 it's funny to ask them for evidence of something what I was not called for, nothing by post hah.
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

SEBASCO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:28 pm

I'll do that 🙂 it's funny to ask them for evidence of something what I was not called for, nothing by post hah.
but you have the right to see it, and once you have it you need to prove what your car looked like back then, maybe you have a photo of it yourself, and if you do prove to them it’s not you, keep all your evidence and any thing from the police, because if someone is running around in a cloned copy of your pink mini, they could be getting more tickets, that will land on your door mat.
Ahme2dros

Post by Ahme2dros »

how can they issue someone ticket without ascertaining who was driving the car in question? Someone has to fill and send off the form nominating driver. If OP hasn’t filled in the form then he shouldn’t be getting penalty points instead something like failing to nominate driver charge.
SEBASCO

Post by SEBASCO »

TimGoofy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:29 pm

but you have the right to see it, and once you have it you need to prove what your car looked like back then, maybe you have a photo of it yourself, and if you do prove to them it’s not you, keep all your evidence and any thing from the police, because if someone is running around in a cloned copy of your pink mini, they could be getting more tickets, that will land on your door mat.
I'll do exactly what you said but firstable Im going to contact court tomorrow which issued this penalty.
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

SEBASCO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:30 pm
TimGoofy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:29 pm

I'll do exactly what you said but firstable Im going to contact court tomorrow which issued this penalty.
good man
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

cloned car wouldn't get him 3 points for speeding the nip goes to registered keeper if they fail to respond its then 6 points
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

jamexxli wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:31 pm
cloned car wouldn't get him 3 points for speeding the nip goes to registered keeper if they fail to respond its then 6 points
he is saying he hasn’t been to Southend and, he hadn’t received any paperwork form the Essex Police, if he can prove he wasn’t there, and he hasn’t received the fine, then he should be able to the points taken off
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

TimGoofy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:31 pm
he is saying he hasn’t been to Southend and, he hadn’t received any paperwork form the Essex Police, if he can prove he wasn’t there, and he hasn’t received the fine, then he should be able to the points taken off
again it’s nothing to do with a cloned car
The nip goes to the registered keeper
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

jamexxli wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:32 pm
TimGoofy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:31 pm

again it’s nothing to do with a cloned car
The nip goes to the registered keeper
I do understand that, but if he really didn’t receive the letter with the notice in, and he really wasn’t him then he must be able to get the points taken off, the doubling of points is something that can be a oversight, but as I said, if it’s not him, and he can prove it then the points should be removed, but it’s all about evidence, he needs to get as much as he can get.
gregSeen

Post by gregSeen »

Id join a union get some professional advice they might be able to help you sort it all out
AliFerdy

Post by AliFerdy »

gregSeen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:33 pm Id join a union get some professional advice they might be able to help you sort it all out
ongoing issue before membership - they won’t intervene
gregSeen

Post by gregSeen »

AliFerdy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 pm
gregSeen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:33 pm Id join a union get some professional advice they might be able to help you sort it all out
really? Ive herd unions will help with issues before you join
AliFerdy

Post by AliFerdy »

gregSeen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 pm
AliFerdy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 pm
really? Ive herd unions will help with issues before you join
not in my experience & actually they were very little help with issues after I joined - more interested in appeasing management 🤷‍♀️
Colin+Haro

Post by Colin+Haro »

I believe Southend is the fixed penalty office for the south east. I had a fixed penalty for speeding on M4 slough, and today sent my paperwork to southend for points to be added...
Peteines

Post by Peteines »

Colin+Haro wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:35 pm I believe Southend is the fixed penalty office for the south east. I had a fixed penalty for speeding on M4 slough, and today sent my paperwork to southend for points to be added...
correct
lunor_1598

Post by lunor_1598 »

Colin+Haro wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:35 pm I believe Southend is the fixed penalty office for the south east. I had a fixed penalty for speeding on M4 slough, and today sent my paperwork to southend for points to be added...
all my previous FPNs etc came with a Billericay postmark 🤔
1550_gaillo

Post by 1550_gaillo »

Maybe some one who you know has used your license when they were caught, some one who looks very much like you, I’d be looking closer to home if you genuinely don’t know anything about it
fredue

Post by fredue »

also your car insurance renewal will go up i had the same many years ago nothing since luckily.
however only 3 points for speeding i cant see its any big problem. you still should get job easy even with this 3 points shouldn't be issue
fredue

Post by fredue »

just remember start of the year its not busy so even best drivers sitting home its normal
Thirkey

Post by Thirkey »

I take it you live in Southend??
SEBASCO

Post by SEBASCO »

Thirkey wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:38 pm I take it you live in Southend??
no I live in Luton hah
Thirkey

Post by Thirkey »

SEBASCO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:39 pm
Thirkey wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:38 pm I take it you live in Southend??
no I live in Luton hah
looks like someone has cloned your identity, if your cpc card was delivered to 'your address someone jas changed it to theirs and will have registered a car in your name and picking up points. Get onto dvla, police and seek legal advice from a professional depending on what information they have they could ruin your credit and your drivers licence
joycent

Post by joycent »

If you have an android and you use Google maps you might have your tracker set up it will show where you was that day on your time line
Nickco

Post by Nickco »

I'm sure you have to plead guilty first and pay a fine before receiving these points? If you don't plead it automatically goes to caught and a warrant out for arrest.
Well that happened to me a while back so not sure whether it's changed or not
philman

Post by philman »

Hard finding a job with 3points rubbish I’ve got five cause I was a twat speeding and I passed and got a job straight away
VauGerBug

Post by VauGerBug »

Have you changed address since you registered the car with DVLA ? They send all speeding and court documents to the last recorded address on the V5c log book..
stappMOTO

Post by stappMOTO »

Join unite union and get legal advice.also got hold of my mp,when dvla was playing up during covid, license arrived two days later xxx
AliFerdy

Post by AliFerdy »

stappMOTO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:42 pm Join unite union and get legal advice.also got hold of my mp,when dvla was playing up during covid, license arrived two days later xxx
they won’t help with any issues that are going on before membership- only ones that happen after so Union is pointless
stappMOTO

Post by stappMOTO »

AliFerdy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:43 pm
stappMOTO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:42 pm Join unite union and get legal advice.also got hold of my mp,when dvla was playing up during covid, license arrived two days later xxx
they won’t help with any issues that are going on before membership- only ones that happen after so Union is pointless
maybe thinking forward if anything happens again
marMorne88

Post by marMorne88 »

If you just passed your class 1 you would not have had to do a CPC course unless you were coming up from class 2 and it's been almost 5 years since you passed.
Also many companies accept up to 6 points as long as they don't include certain offences.
ChGlimmer

Post by ChGlimmer »

Did the driving school give them your details 🤔
Singhth

Post by Singhth »

contact me I can help you to get remove ur points from licence
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

Is your licence registered to your current address?
If you received no mail for the speeding offence and haven't received your dqc it would suggest your licence isn't registered at your address
Have you moved recently do you have your photo card licence if so what's the address
It's unlikely but possible someone has changed the address of your licence to there address and effectively stole your licence
SEBASCO

Post by SEBASCO »

jamexxli wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:46 pm Is your licence registered to your current address?
If you received no mail for the speeding offence and haven't received your dqc it would suggest your licence isn't registered at your address
Have you moved recently do you have your photo card licence if so what's the address
It's unlikely but possible someone has changed the address of your licence to there address and effectively stole your licence
yes my license is registered to my current address for 5 years already.
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

SEBASCO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:46 pm
jamexxli wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:46 pm Is your licence registered to your current address?
it would be wise to check dvla still have your address correct
K21KXW

Post by K21KXW »

jamexxli wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:47 pm
SEBASCO wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:46 pm
it would be wise to check dvla still have your address correct

You’d need the correct address to view the licence online

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”