Can anyone shed any light on this as paying for it ourselves would mean increasing the rate charged. Im in a dispute

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AndryUrman

Can anyone shed any light on this as paying for it ourselves would mean increasing the rate charged. Im in a dispute

Post by AndryUrman »

Hi, I’m in a dispute with an operator on the basis that they as a company should have software analysis systems in place for us tm’s to use to analyse the data. The operator argues that we the tm’s should provide our own systems or pay for it ourselves.
Can anyone shed any light on this as paying for it ourselves would mean increasing the rate charged.
DevinTSonn

Re: Can anyone shed any light on this as paying for it ourselves would mean increasing the rate charged. Im in a dispute

Post by DevinTSonn »

how has operator been analysing tachos before you joined
alundp

Re: Can anyone shed any light on this as paying for it ourselves would mean increasing the rate charged. Im in a dispute

Post by alundp »

It is their responsibility, the records are theirs, not yours.
rogerson

Post by rogerson »

alundp wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:01 pm It is their responsibility, the records are theirs, not yours.
as Alundp says, not your responsibility, it is theirs as they are the operator. Simple.. back to them.
callenwe

Post by callenwe »

I offer it as a service, I charge 20% on top of the suppliers charge. It's a nice easy earner.
alundp

Post by alundp »

callenwe wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:04 pm I offer it as a service, I charge 20% on top of the suppliers charge. It's a nice easy earner.
but those records are theirs, what would happen if you dropped dead tomorrow?
racingMuch

Post by racingMuch »

alundp wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:04 pm
callenwe wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:04 pm I offer it as a service, I charge 20% on top of the suppliers charge. It's a nice easy earner.
double the price. No way I'm running that cheap if I'm dead.
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

records are, yes! They can have access to print stuff out.
alundp

Post by alundp »

BillStill wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:05 pm
records are, yes! They can have access to print stuff out.
and if you leave you will have the hassle of handing them all over. If they are a new operator get them to use the system of your choice, if they are established then learn to use what they have
krislou

Post by krislou »

I'm exactly like 'callenwe above. I offer it as a service and charge a fee on top of the rate
incaRida

Post by incaRida »

Totally agree say no problems then put an extra charge on it
jaxon

Post by jaxon »

Guess I would ask how you became TM for company and not have talked this over before agreeing to be the TM?
If they read the guide to be a good operator it will tell them they must control the drivers hours and WTD and keep records for the necessary time for each.
plaudions

Post by plaudions »

Are you a Ex TM or internal, I would assume XTMs would have their own analysis system, did you not agree this when you took the job?
andrewNot

Post by andrewNot »

It is their responsibility and their data that they are legally obliged to analyse.
However if it brings you some extra income then go for it.
BillStill

Post by BillStill »

Are you internal or external? As an external, I will only provide my own system to analyse as it is what I want to use.
hopper

Post by hopper »

I guess that's to be sorted between you and the company.
If you, then obviously you need to charge more from reading these comments 20% extra charge seems standard.
ownenzane

Post by ownenzane »

Is the operator, but is only around 300 a year FFS it must be very tight!
paunium

Post by paunium »

Attachments
Rules.jpg
Rules.jpg (49.21 KiB) Viewed 89 times
carleernGE

Post by carleernGE »

No tm should be paying for the analysis service or software, that is an operational cost to be met by the operator, it's for the TM to effectively manage the downloads and information from the analysis such as infringement reports, in my opinion.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”