Hi folks, Do we all realize we could shut these big Haulage companies down by tomorrow Then the little guys can come

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Spennso

Re: Hi folks, Do we all realize we could shut these big Haulage companies down by tomorrow Then the little guys can come

Post by Spennso »

CONSKaRR wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:27 pm We just need to unite and refuse to work for rates under £35-£40 p/h minimum 10 hours a day guaranteed pay.
Weekend should be paid double and made optional not mandatory!
that's ridiculous rate tbh mate
Jamessie

Re: Hi folks, Do we all realize we could shut these big Haulage companies down by tomorrow Then the little guys can come

Post by Jamessie »

I’m happy where I am too 👌
Attachments
Daf.jpg
Daf.jpg (89.88 KiB) Viewed 232 times
jemunow

Post by jemunow »

Jamessie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:31 pm I’m happy where I am too 👌
how much an hour you on ? Out of interest I want to see what happy costs
Jamessie

Post by Jamessie »

jemunow wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:32 pm
£15.05 weekdays Saturdays £16.97 Sundays £24
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

Jamessie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:32 pm
yeah , that's a good full time job rate tbh .... its fair .... some guys out here tramping for £12.50
ADR for woodside - was like £12 maybe little less maybe little more but that's ridiculous!!!
jemunow

Post by jemunow »

doesn’t take much to make you happy
lol . I was on more in 2009.
My son is 26 and earns more at Rolls Royce . I’m ts no wonder they say it’s a unskilled job because workers don’t believe in themselves
Jamessie

Post by Jamessie »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:33 pm

yeah , that's a good full time job rate tbh .... its fair .... some guys out here tramping for £12.50
ADR for woodside - was like £12 maybe little less maybe little more but that's ridiculous!!!
I heard the same from a few guys down here. Ridiculous wage I would never go tramping again if the money was different then maybe I would think about but at the moment I’m pretty happy with what I’m doing 👌💪🏼
Jamessie

Post by Jamessie »

jemunow wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:34 pm

My son is 26 and earns more at Rolls Royce . I’m ts no wonder they say it’s a unskilled job because workers don’t believe in themselves
I enjoy my farm collection job each day is an experience and I learn something new everyday.
I’m happy with what I earn that’s the main thing
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

Jamessie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:34 pm

I heard the same from a few guys down here. Ridiculous wage I would never go tramping again if the money was different then maybe I would think about but at the moment I’m pretty happy with what I’m doing 👌💪🏼
the part that brakes me is the £30 a night out working for peanuts during the day ..... £30 to be away from the house you pay for 🤯
Jamessie

Post by Jamessie »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 pm
Jamessie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:34 pm

the part that brakes me is the £30 a night out working for peanuts during the day ..... £30 to be away from the house you pay for 🤯
true
jemunow

Post by jemunow »

Jamessie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 pm

I enjoy my farm collection job each day is an experience and I learn something new everyday.
you never obviously read the post then
Jamessie

Post by Jamessie »

jemunow wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:36 pm

still full training if your not upto standard then find another job easy as that.
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

this isn't a slagging match lads , this is a wake up and smell the coffee post . If 100,000 drivers don't turn up tomorrow agencies can't pull 100,000 drivers out their arse tomorrow .... then turn up for work the next day ....... "if you are sick, you are sick"
Wanna go so far - doctor's can't prove bad backs so they'd have to write you a sick note and mental health Jesus. You'll get a sick note over the phone
jemunow

Post by jemunow »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:37 pm

this isn't a slagging match lads , this is a wake up and smell the coffee post . If 100,000 drivers don't turn up tomorrow agencies can't pull 100,000 drivers out their arse tomorrow .... then turn up for work the next day ....... "if you are sick, you are sick"
Wanna go so far - doctor's can't prove bad backs so they'd have to write you a sick note and mental health Jesus. You'll get a sick note over the phone
I’ve been telling drivers for years this but unfortunately they haven’t woke up
pullan1996

Post by pullan1996 »

Jamessie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:36 pm

still full training if your not upto standard then find another job easy as that.
I with you Jamessie living the dream on bulk farm
Mona-Bolt

Post by Mona-Bolt »

You have to remember it's the little guy that started the crap wage and how it started was 30 odd years ago when the big companies were paying good wages drivers got greedy and set up their own company and then got contracts with the place where they were drawing to for the big company and undercut the big lad and then they got a few more lorries and had their drivers getting good money for a while and then other drivers started coming along and doing the job for the big shiney lorry and less wages and they get to shine the lorry like it's their own until the next lad comes to do it for less but he gets to live in his big lorry that is not his and so on and so on until we are where we are its the driver to blame not the big lads
fohan.2113

Post by fohan.2113 »

Mona-Bolt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:39 pm You have to remember it's the little guy that started the crap wage and how it started was 30 odd years ago when the big companies were paying good wages drivers got greedy and set up their own company and then got contracts with the place where they were drawing to for the big company and undercut the big lad and then they got a few more lorries and had their drivers getting good money for a while and then other drivers started coming along and doing the job for the big shiney lorry and less wages and they get to shine the lorry like it's their own until the next lad comes to do it for less but he gets to live in his big lorry that is not his and so on and so on until we are where we are its the driver to blame not the big lads
that is spot on, the problem is and always will be The Driver
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

Mona-Bolt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:39 pm You have to remember it's the little guy that started the crap wage and how it started was 30 odd years ago when the big companies were paying good wages drivers got greedy and set up their own company and then got contracts with the place where they were drawing to for the big company and undercut the big lad and then they got a few more lorries and had their drivers getting good money for a while and then other drivers started coming along and doing the job for the big shiney lorry and less wages and they get to shine the lorry like it's their own until the next lad comes to do it for less but he gets to live in his big lorry that is not his and so on and so on until we are where we are its the driver to blame not the big lads
yep , I totally agree - sounds like stobart ! But turning up for work to drive the lorries doesn't help .
lowee44me

Post by lowee44me »

you’ve made some valid and interesting points but, it’s about 50 years I’ve been in transport and around 1980 I started as an owner driver and mostly did sub contracting work, even when I use to run to southern Spain. And as you would imagine I got to know a lot of small hauliers like myself some with just one vehicle and a few like me with three, I did this for thirty five years so as you would expect I know a little bit about the reality of the situation you speak about.
I don’t know which part of the country your relating to but in the south and around the M25 area it was almost impossible to get in with any company directly and get full time work and quick payment terms because most plc companies operate on 90 days payment, and for a o/d you couldn’t afford to run for 90 days and live with no money coming in, which forced lot’s of o/d’s to do third party work, where they got paid weekly or 30days, and the main point I want to point out that as I’m sure you know it’s expensive to run a HGV and keep it on the road and stay legal in how you run.
All the guys I worked with got a steady living just running local doing shorts and we you to work together if ever we was ask to do a long journey and let each other now what the rate should be and refuse to do a run if it didn’t pay.
The common thing back in the day was guys running of red thinking that helps them get an extra £200-300 profit from the fuel savings but me personally I’ve always believed if you got to run bent get a profit from a job it’s not worth doing, but as time went on companies like P&O where taking often 50% off the rate of the job and also shipping lines use to take a cut and the hauliers would get what’s left, there as been a few small hauliers like a Company called ATL (ashdown transport Ltd) the company is owned by two Indian brothers which is irrelevant but they started with 4 rough old FH Volvo’s and they are both very educated and have strong work ethic which they got from their dad who run just one motor I knew him personally and he was a lovely man, sadly he past away last year. They have just been bought out by Hapag Lloyd a major shipping company I’ve been told today they run a fleet of over 150 vehicles. They are the exception of coming from nothing to something.
But when I started most companies depended of subbies doing there work but now o/d are virtually all gone because they just couldn’t survive on being forced to work for nothing. Now one other one before I go. There’s a freight forwarding company called DJV who’s main office is in Tilbury Docks, they have offices up and down the county and back in the 80’s at tilbury docks they had full time subbies covering all their work and had companies across the country get back loads from them. Now all the o/d have called it a day and they where forced to buy their own vehicles because nobody would work for them because the rates were so bad.
There are still a few o/d’s about and small hauliers but soon they all will become things of the past.
A driver today doing tramping can take home between £800-900 a week and have a stress free live, I’m pretty sure today no o/d can take a wage like that and still show a profit for the truck after all running costs and fuel. And in all honesty who in their right mind runs a truck just to get a wage.
Like I say I don’t dispute what you say but I just wanted to explain things from my experiences.
I’m still driving at 65 and am on walking floor trailer work and enjoy the regular run I do, I take home a nice wage home every night, and live a happy stress free live without debt or danger.
Hope live is good for you. 😜
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

lowee44me wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:43 pm
you’ve made some valid and interesting points but, it’s about 50 years I’ve been in transport and around 1980 I started as an owner driver and mostly did sub contracting work, even when I use to run to southern Spain. And as you would imagine I got to know a lot of small hauliers like myself some with just one vehicle and a few like me with three, I did this for thirty five years so as you would expect I know a little bit about the reality of the situation you speak about.
I don’t know which part of the country your relating to but in the south and around the M25 area it was almost impossible to get in with any company directly and get full time work and quick payment terms because most plc companies operate on 90 days payment, and for a o/d you couldn’t afford to run for 90 days and live with no money coming in, which forced lot’s of o/d’s to do third party work, where they got paid weekly or 30days, and the main point I want to point out that as I’m sure you know it’s expensive to run a HGV and keep it on the road and stay legal in how you run.
All the guys I worked with got a steady living just running local doing shorts and we you to work together if ever we was ask to do a long journey and let each other now what the rate should be and refuse to do a run if it didn’t pay.
The common thing back in the day was guys running of red thinking that helps them get an extra £200-300 profit from the fuel savings but me personally I’ve always believed if you got to run bent get a profit from a job it’s not worth doing, but as time went on companies like P&O where taking often 50% off the rate of the job and also shipping lines use to take a cut and the hauliers would get what’s left, there as been a few small hauliers like a Company called ATL (ashdown transport Ltd) the company is owned by two Indian brothers which is irrelevant but they started with 4 rough old FH Volvo’s and they are both very educated and have strong work ethic which they got from their dad who run just one motor I knew him personally and he was a lovely man, sadly he past away last year. They have just been bought out by Hapag Lloyd a major shipping company I’ve been told today they run a fleet of over 150 vehicles. They are the exception of coming from nothing to something.
But when I started most companies depended of subbies doing there work but now o/d are virtually all gone because they just couldn’t survive on being forced to work for nothing. Now one other one before I go. There’s a freight forwarding company called DJV who’s main office is in Tilbury Docks, they have offices up and down the county and back in the 80’s at tilbury docks they had full time subbies covering all their work and had companies across the country get back loads from them. Now all the o/d have called it a day and they where forced to buy their own vehicles because nobody would work for them because the rates were so bad.
There are still a few o/d’s about and small hauliers but soon they all will become things of the past.
A driver today doing tramping can take home between £800-900 a week and have a stress free live, I’m pretty sure today no o/d can take a wage like that and still show a profit for the truck after all running costs and fuel. And in all honesty who in their right mind runs a truck just to get a wage.
Like I say I don’t dispute what you say but I just wanted to explain things from my experiences.
I’m still driving at 65 and am on walking floor trailer work and enjoy the regular run I do, I take home a nice wage home every night, and live a happy stress free live without debt or danger.
I appreciate your whole knowledge and experience of the industry .
Being forced to buy their own trucks because O/D would not do it . Big companies tell you the rate . Yet a plumber comes round to your house . You don't tell him it's a £200 job he tells your after he's done the work , that's going to be £421.70 . Would that be cash or card . Paid on the day or some other terms . This whole 90 day invoices should be scrapped . Again . If people stand together things can be changed
lowee44me

Post by lowee44me »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:44 pm
Being forced to buy their own trucks because O/D would not do it . Big companies tell you the rate . Yet a plumber comes round to your house . You don't tell him it's a £200 job he tells your after he's done the work , that's going to be £421.70 . Would that be cash or card . Paid on the day or some other terms . This whole 90 day invoices should be scrapped . Again . If people stand together things can be changed
I think I take your point but what you’ve got to remember is it reality if people stand together you get unity but I speak as a person will military experience in my blood and I can tell you for a fact that in civilian society in the uk people won’t stand together it’s inbreed in their culture and that’s why small business people are becoming things of the past. But if the uk took a leaf from the French and the haulage industry stopped work for a week the government would panic and not even the military could keep the country going and two weeks the country would grind to a vault, but I stand more chance of winning the lottery tonight. It’s simply a case of British people won’t stick together so they only have themselves to blame for the problems they have. And now it will be interesting to watch the uk farmers protests now and how long it lasts if they hold out change will come but watch this space ! 😜
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

lowee44me wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:45 pm
Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:44 pm

I think I take your point but what you’ve got to remember is it reality if people stand together you get unity but I speak as a person will military experience in my blood and I can tell you for a fact that in civilian society in the uk people won’t stand together it’s inbreed in their culture and that’s why small business people are becoming things of the past. But if the uk took a leaf from the French and the haulage industry stopped work for a week the government would panic and not even the military could keep the country going and two weeks the country would grind to a vault, but I stand more chance of winning the lottery tonight. It’s simply a case of British people won’t stick together so they only have themselves to blame for the problems they have. And now it will be interesting to watch the uk farmers protests now and how long it lasts if they hold out change will come but watch this space ! 😜
yeah , I'm total with you on that aswell .
Dassell.team

Post by Dassell.team »

If you dont like driveing there is tesco asda lidl aldi morrisons just saying lol 😆😂
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

Dassell.team wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:49 pm If you dont like driveing there is tesco asda lidl aldi morrisons just saying lol 😆😂
to true. An based of the wages I've been seeing on job ads think I'd rather clean toilets between 8-4 . £12 an hour for that ,knowing when you start when you finish
wattzChano

Post by wattzChano »

Time for a strike .back the farmers up .Time for change
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

wattzChano wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:52 pm Time for a strike .back the farmers up .Time for change
this is the correct attitude 👏
Seen a farmer say they get like £600/T for Brussel sprouts.... the shop sells them for 7000+ , only accepts the veg in their crates or "chep" pallets (both of which the farmer has to "rent")
We're letting big businesses win everywhere , start to finish - then they pay next to nothing in tax to contribute to the company
wattzChano

Post by wattzChano »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:53 pm
wattzChano wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:52 pm Time for a strike .back the farmers up .Time for change
Seen a farmer say they get like £600/T for Brussel sprouts.... the shop sells them for 7000+ , only accepts the veg in their crates or "chep" pallets (both of which the farmer has to "rent")
We're letting big businesses win everywhere , start to finish - then they pay next to nothing in tax to contribute to the company
All these saying they are happy with there jobs .the ink isn't dry on the licence .all driving around in there automatic trucks .this industry is f**ked it needs drivers with the balls to strike .only then will the industry will see change
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

wattzChano wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:53 pm
All these saying they are happy with there jobs .the ink isn't dry on the licence .all driving around in there automatic trucks .this industry is f**ked it needs drivers with the balls to strike .only then will the industry will see change
you wait till these so called auto driving trucks come in ..... Donna from down the road will be allowed to drive them having never driven a car
mckenac

Post by mckenac »

wattzChano wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:53 pm
it's been f**ked since the 70's pal
ZACLyNNOD

Post by ZACLyNNOD »

All you have to do is look at why everything is going it’s because you can get better deals online these days that why shops are closing cause they can’t earn enough to stay
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

ZACLyNNOD wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:57 pm All you have to do is look at why everything is going it’s because you can get better deals online these days that why shops are closing cause they can’t earn enough to stay
I delivered to a guy today had a shop on a high street . Now bought a massive house - shut his shop , building something on his land to relate to his business - all probably coming out of his tax bill
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

edol_2114 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:59 pm Stop driving for them
exactly.. this isn't no - let's strike - let's start a revolution .... this is a don't drive for peanuts . They can't cover agencies wages and if they can , they are robbing you anyway
Fair work for fair pay
Hard work for good pay
Skilled pay for skill graded wages
edol_2114

Post by edol_2114 »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:00 pm
exactly.. this isn't no - let's strike - let's start a revolution .... this is a don't drive for peanuts . They can't cover agencies wages and if they can , they are robbing you anyway
Fair work for fair pay
Hard work for good pay
totally agree the Job is dangerous and very tiring and stressful the more people stop driving the better
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

edol_2114 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:00 pm
Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:00 pm
Fair work for fair pay
Hard work for good pay
totally agree the Job is dangerous and very tiring and stressful the more people stop driving the better
had a women in a mini beeping at me because I had my lane for 2 miles and 20meters before the fork in my lane - she had to get in front of me 🤯 behind me was probably clear tho
miflea

Post by miflea »

this is why government introduced straight to ce after b so someone else will...
Mhdo_jung

Post by Mhdo_jung »

What are you waiting for.
Set up your own haulage firm and show them how it’s done.
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

Mhdo_jung wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:03 pm What are you waiting for.
Set up your own haulage firm and show them how it’s done.
I'm waiting for nothing me bud , I'm sorted. You seem to know everything , you lead the way!
matz_primo

Post by matz_primo »

You’ll end up dead in a ditch Spennso… You can’t advocate decency and dignity to some drivers… They’ll always be somebody looking at £12.50 as a decent living wage and snapping up the job…
But obviously the agency’s and big haulers will have you in that ditch long before the drivers blade you in the back !!!!!
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

matz_primo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 pm You’ll end up dead in a ditch Spennso… You can’t advocate decency and dignity to some drivers… They’ll always be somebody looking at £12.50 as a decent living wage and snapping up the job…
But obviously the agency’s and big haulers will have you in that ditch long before the drivers blade you in the back !!!!!
thought that was a threat 🤣 but yeah. We just need an actual rate that is good for the hauliers and the drivers and not hauliers under cutting each other ..... there's an app for like van drivers and again it's bidding wars .... I thought bidding went UP , Not down
matz_primo

Post by matz_primo »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 pm
matz_primo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 pm You’ll end up dead in a ditch Spennso… You can’t advocate decency and dignity to some drivers… They’ll always be somebody looking at £12.50 as a decent living wage and snapping up the job…
thought that was a threat 🤣 but yeah. We just need an actual rate that is good for the hauliers and the drivers and not hauliers under cutting each other ..... there's an app for like van drivers and again it's bidding wars .... I thought bidding went UP , Not down
mate I’m not saying in theory it’s not a great idea… But realistically if a company uses an agency driver it’s already paying £30-£40 an hour at least…
I’ve heard of Apps for casual drivers but again if you and I agree and advertise we’ll work for £28.50 per hour they’ll always be some clown undercutting us at £12.50per hour… You’ll never do away with shortsighted clowns I’d say…
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

matz_primo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:05 pm
mate I’m not saying in theory it’s not a great idea… But realistically if a company uses an agency driver it’s already paying £30-£40 an hour at least…
I’ve heard of Apps for casual drivers but again if you and I agree and advertise we’ll work for £28.50 per hour they’ll always be some clown undercutting us at £12.50per hour… You’ll never do away with shortsighted clowns I’d say…
we don't need silly wages but we do need to up some of these jobs.... they want to pay piss poor wages , get piss poor drivers
I was scouting about and wasn't seeing many Jobs that are paying £550 after tax .... personally I'm the bread winner and missus does part time with flexible hours an a great boss . I'm lucky tbh but I know many others out there aren't so lucky ....
I have jobs that start to early for school and finish ..... well as you know , what ever time that might be . The kids couldn't rely on me as a trucker .
Our jobs should be able to keep 1 parent at home , a roof over the family and food on the table without having to scrimp (if you know what I'm saying) but Barbra from the office ... tap tap tap - gobble gobble gobble under management's desk ..... lovely house 7 horses and a 73 plate range rover ....... she can f**k off telling me I'm 17 minutes late for my 1 o'clock delivery 🤣😂
matz_primo

Post by matz_primo »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:07 pm

we don't need silly wages but we do need to up some of these jobs.... they want to pay piss poor wages , get piss poor drivers
I was scouting about and wasn't seeing many Jobs that are paying £550 after tax .... personally I'm the bread winner and missus does part time with flexible hours an a great boss . I'm lucky tbh but I know many others out there aren't so lucky ....
I have jobs that start to early for school and finish ..... well as you know , what ever time that might be . The kids couldn't rely on me as a trucker .
Our jobs should be able to keep 1 parent at home , a roof over the family and food on the table without having to scrimp (if you know what I'm saying) but Barbra from the office ... tap tap tap - gobble gobble gobble under management's desk ..... lovely house 7 horses and a 73 plate range rover ....... she can f**k off telling me I'm 17 minutes late for my 1 o'clock delivery 🤣😂
mate £28.50 is a living wage, that’s not great wage or silly money by any means…
My wife teaches part time at a posh school and earns £70ph… Part time tho but it does take the pressure off me and our 4 year old isn’t necessarily out at nursery all day…
If you’re transporting £300,000’s worth of essentials to somebody, somewhere, £300 per load is nothing…
Agency’s get paid to literally answer a call, make a call and inform payroll… They’ve never done much to take at least 50% of the cake and I imagine AI will allow offices/companies to run literally with nobody in attendance… Sadly in 10-15 years they’ll be autonomous lorry’s not needing drivers tho…
In my experience tho, if a company needs an agency driver they’ll literally work down a list of numbers with no particular sense of loyalty, the problem you’d face as most agencies do, is you’ll only ever be as good as the driver in attendance and you are always only as good as your last day…
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

matz_primo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:07 pm

mate £28.50 is a living wage, that’s not great wage or silly money by any means…
My wife teaches part time at a posh school and earns £70ph… Part time tho but it does take the pressure off me and our 4 year old isn’t necessarily out at nursery all day…
If you’re transporting £300,000’s worth of essentials to somebody, somewhere, £300 per load is nothing…
Agency’s get paid to literally answer a call, make a call and inform payroll… They’ve never done much to take at least 50% of the cake and I imagine AI will allow offices/companies to run literally with nobody in attendance… Sadly in 10-15 years they’ll be autonomous lorry’s not needing drivers tho…
In my experience tho, if a company needs an agency driver they’ll literally work down a list of numbers with no particular sense of loyalty, the problem you’d face as most agencies do, is you’ll only ever be as good as the driver in attendance and you are always only as good as your last day…
exactly..... no wonder wagons get hi-jacked .... u hear about that "apple" trailer £5,000,000 worth GONE ..... inside job for sure but when your paying £11.25 to security guards , truck drivers 🤔 sh*ts about to go down in a WhatsApp group lol ..... not even the PM can get his deleted messages back 🤣😂
matz_primo

Post by matz_primo »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:08 pm

exactly..... no wonder wagons get hi-jacked .... u hear about that "apple" trailer £5,000,000 worth GONE ..... inside job for sure but when your paying £11.25 to security guards , truck drivers 🤔 sh*ts about to go down in a WhatsApp group lol ..... not even the PM can get his deleted messages back 🤣😂
£5m on a trailer I imagine is enough to get all sorts of folks talking… Conspiracy is frightening tho 😂
This PM has never lost anything in his life, he’d not miss that £5m apple trailer but he does expect both the security guard and driver to be earning just around minimum wage… The PM before to for that matter…
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

matz_primo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:09 pm

£5m on a trailer I imagine is enough to get all sorts of folks talking… Conspiracy is frightening tho 😂
This PM has never lost anything in his life, he’d not miss that £5m apple trailer but he does expect both the security guard and driver to be earning just around minimum wage… The PM before to for that matter…
ill try an find the story
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nor ... e-54972784
matz_primo

Post by matz_primo »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nor ... e-54972784
lots of folks involved in that one, forensics I imagine have been really busy… But as usual it’ll only get solved only when somebody gets paid to talk… If you think in most police stations of an evening there’s only half or a dozen officers on duty, you’ve got to be unlucky to get caught red handed as such…
I watched a Brinks Mat, Security Truck recently on the M11 with 8 police cars and 4 motor bikes as escorts, all the cars had at least 2 officers inside the vehicle, drive to Stanstead Airport on the A130… I imagine gold going to the USA… I sat behind it for 30 miles it was outrageous watching the police being used(or rather public funds) to transport/escort it…
The rest of Essex and London was a criminals delight that afternoon !!!!
RAFALLoNE

Post by RAFALLoNE »

On every truck in country is one extra driver who working in warehouse or farm and dreaming to save enough money for licence...
It's same in every country. Without strong union and laws little guy can't change nothing...
80% of drivers have small kids and mortgage plus car or two on finance... they can't go on strike
So... forget it
We need union
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

RAFALLoNE wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:14 pm On every truck in country is one extra driver who working in warehouse or farm and dreaming to save enough money for licence...
It's same in every country. Without strong union and laws little guy can't change nothing...
80% of drivers have small kids and mortgage plus car or two on finance... they can't go on strike
So... forget it
We need union
don't need a strike .... just need a day on the sick . No notice . No time for agency to get in an out and be on time . Tight schedules, tight dead lines .....
RAFALLoNE

Post by RAFALLoNE »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:21 pm
RAFALLoNE wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:14 pm On every truck in country is one extra driver who working in warehouse or farm and dreaming to save enough money for licence...
So... forget it
We need union
don't need a strike .... just need a day on the sick . No notice . No time for agency to get in an out and be on time . Tight schedules, tight dead lines .....
nothing will change, they have enough foreign trucks in country to cover basics for a week... they didn't change cabotage law after Brexit
Whi1ttendo

Post by Whi1ttendo »

It's as much down to the Supermarkets as large hauliers. They've shafted every sector from manufacturing to food and clothing.
CraigFor

Post by CraigFor »

I work for a big haulage company as all the smaller ones want you to work for minimum wage, the worst ones are the ones that say we treat you like family
harg0inell

Post by harg0inell »

Drive wages down ..! Lucky I drive for the wage now, drive it down and you can drive your own truck .. see how that pans out for you …
Chriser

Post by Chriser »

In many, many sectors, not just haualage, years of below inflation pay rises bring the minimum wage closer and closer to average pay.
Eventually more or less everyone will be on a government mandated basic wage that is just enough to cover their basic needs.
Welcome to communism.
miflea

Post by miflea »

Chriser wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:27 pm In many, many sectors, not just haualage, years of below inflation pay rises bring the minimum wage closer and closer to average pay.
Eventually more or less everyone will be on a government mandated basic wage that is just enough to cover their basic needs.
Welcome to communism.
so much agree ! Wonder if haulage companies gives us back this 1£ back in April. Otherwise few more yrs and we end up working all for minimum wage ..
Markinol

Post by Markinol »

We could bring the country to a halt if we all stuck together
miflea

Post by miflea »

Markinol wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:28 pm We could bring the country to a halt if we all stuck together
LoL . Many drivers already said they prefer work for £14ph as HGV rather then £15ph back in factory. So many blokes 50yrs old + who paid houses don't give a single f about wages. They bitchin outside office but have absolute zero bravery to say anything in office . Bunch of moaning c**ts not mans or woman's either ! Typical British attitude... smiling in your face and pretending mates but behind back they slag you and grass you anytime . This is why everything is f***ed .
OrsiRanno

Post by OrsiRanno »

Just to let you know I am trying to do as less as possible at work and never accepting sh*tty rates. You welcome 🙏
Antonyio_XP

Post by Antonyio_XP »

If you don't like it get out I've worked for small company's and large all the small ones just take the piss
jemunow

Post by jemunow »

Antonyio_XP wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:30 pm If you don't like it get out I've worked for small company's and large all the small ones just take the piss
hey up if you don’t like it brigade 🤣
EldElegy

Post by EldElegy »

I've just had the most difficult time of my life the last 18 months have been hell out of 45 years in . Time for a career change I think unfortunately
wattzChano

Post by wattzChano »

jamestr8 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:32 pm Uk hasn’t got the balls 👍🏻👌🏻🚛💨
very true mate .but it's long overdue
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

wattzChano wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:33 pm
very true mate .but it's long overdue
just need to use them sick days - collectively
miflea

Post by miflea »

exactly.
jab-homeez

Post by jab-homeez »

Love my job. £16ph. 4 on 4 off. Tacho expect. This so also my first job in the Industry. Had a Job 4 days after I passed my HGV.
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (103.24 KiB) Viewed 116 times
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

jab-homeez wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:37 pm Love my job. £16ph. 4 on 4 off. Tacho expect. This so also my first job in the Industry. Had a Job 4 days after I passed my HGV.
that's great . This is about piss poor wages . Yours isn't a bad wage at all for full time
mckenac

Post by mckenac »

Another haulier has fallen victim to the ongoing economic downturn, with Immingham-based haulier L&M Transport (UK) calling in the administrators this week.
Companies that have failed since the New Year include Norfolk haulage firm Bomfords Group; Kent-based FORS Gold haulier HMF Services (Transport); Kirriemuir haulage firm AAD Transport; Anglesey-based logistics and shipping company Gwynedd Shipping Limited; Youngs Transportation & Logistics; North West Cargo; and Bridgetime Transport Limited, one of the biggest employers in Cwmbran, South Wales.
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

mckenac wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:38 pm Another haulier has fallen victim to the ongoing economic downturn, with Immingham-based haulier L&M Transport (UK) calling in the administrators this week.
Companies that have failed since the New Year include Norfolk haulage firm Bomfords Group; Kent-based FORS Gold haulier HMF Services (Transport); Kirriemuir haulage firm AAD Transport; Anglesey-based logistics and shipping company Gwynedd Shipping Limited; Youngs Transportation & Logistics; North West Cargo; and Bridgetime Transport Limited, one of the biggest employers in Cwmbran, South Wales.
all under cutting to get Work. Then going bust. I was speaking to a one man haulier an he was charging 1000 for a run .... then someone else came in a did it for 800 .... someone else will go in for 750 an so on .
mckenac

Post by mckenac »

Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:38 pm
mckenac wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:38 pm Another haulier has fallen victim to the ongoing economic downturn, with Immingham-based haulier L&M Transport (UK) calling in the administrators this week.
all under cutting to get Work. Then going bust. I was speaking to a one man haulier an he was charging 1000 for a run .... then someone else came in a did it for 800 .... someone else will go in for 750 an so on .
https://www.transportengineer.org.uk/tr ... er/249453/
this year will be worse than 2022 according to industry insiders but take a read of that
Spennso

Post by Spennso »

mckenac wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:39 pm
Spennso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:38 pm
https://www.transportengineer.org.uk/tr ... er/249453/
this year will be worse than 2022 according to industry insiders but take a read of that
it's the company's under cutting which is the problem ..... the price of fuel went up , the rate stayed or dropped .the price or tyres , repairs went up . Which ment the only thing to do was to cut drivers wages . We all know 90% of pickers packers are on or very close to minimum wage so we can't cut theirs so we will go for the drivers wages
Chris_Choice

Post by Chris_Choice »

This isn't France, the people have no power here
lowee44me

Post by lowee44me »

Chris_Choice wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:40 pm This isn't France, the people have no power here
that’s true but we have unity in numbers

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”