Hello, What's it like driving for amazon relay? I start Friday out of Coventry.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
WONDELL

Post by WONDELL »

ReportDance

Re: Hello, What's it like driving for amazon relay? I start Friday out of Coventry.

Post by ReportDance »

Depends what you want. It's about the easiest job out there. But there is a lot of waiting around and a lot of over the top Amazon procedures to put up with.
Suits some people and not others
Mcfaulder

Re: Hello, What's it like driving for amazon relay? I start Friday out of Coventry.

Post by Mcfaulder »

Nightmare mate!!!!!!!!
Irvinech

Post by Irvinech »

Mcfaulder wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:24 pm Nightmare mate!!!!!!!!
piece ae piss - best job u had
Mcfaulder

Post by Mcfaulder »

Irvinech wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:24 pm
Mcfaulder wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:24 pm Nightmare mate!!!!!!!!
piece ae piss - best job u had
it was until the money and work dried up mate
ANTHEODICU

Post by ANTHEODICU »

Be better if you can sit in your cab for 2-3 hours whilst waiting for trailers instead of a canteen full of marshalls and there loud radios. If you touch lucky some depots allow you to.
ReportDance

Post by ReportDance »

ANTHEODICU wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 pm Be better if you can sit in your cab for 2-3 hours whilst waiting for trailers instead of a canteen full of marshalls and there loud radios. If you touch lucky some depots allow you to.
true that!
ANTHEODICU

Post by ANTHEODICU »

ReportDance wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:26 pm
ANTHEODICU wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 pm Be better if you can sit in your cab for 2-3 hours whilst waiting for trailers instead of a canteen full of marshalls and there loud radios. If you touch lucky some depots allow you to.
true that!
nightmare sometimes isn't it. They talk about health and safety, drivers having a proper break/rest is required, but how can you have a bit of a proper chill/relax or even a bit of a kip If your feeling tired in a canteen that's rammed, baffles me
ReportDance

Post by ReportDance »

ANTHEODICU wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:26 pm
ReportDance wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:26 pm
true that!
nightmare sometimes isn't it. They talk about health and safety, drivers having a proper break/rest is required, but how can you have a bit of a proper chill/relax or even a bit of a kip If your feeling tired in a canteen that's rammed, baffles me
I know. I've taken this to higher beings at Amazon but they don't get it
Adaximi59

Post by Adaximi59 »

they was playing ping pong other night nearly knocked my free coffee out my hand went on for like an hour still going as I left
ANTHEODICU

Post by ANTHEODICU »

Adaximi59 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:27 pm
they was playing ping pong other night nearly knocked my free coffee out my hand went on for like an hour still going as I left
marshalls or drivers
Adaximi59

Post by Adaximi59 »

ANTHEODICU wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:27 pm
marshalls or drivers
Marshall’s 🙄 at 1am
ANTHEODICU

Post by ANTHEODICU »

Adaximi59 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:28 pm
ANTHEODICU wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:27 pm

marshalls or drivers
Marshall’s 🙄 at 1am
it's a drivers room not a marshalls games room isn't it they have their own canteens at the depots don't they !!
Singhth

Post by Singhth »

Easy but lot of waiting and finding parking
Austiner

Post by Austiner »

Very easy
brady+thco

Post by brady+thco »

Good Luck
Nellower

Post by Nellower »

Cov is sh**e everytime I’ve been in there it’s been cancelled but the wankers never tell you before cause they want the trailer 😂
To be fair the jobs easy as long as you don’t mind dossing in a room full of flip flop wearing kolega’s 👍
Wameds

Post by Wameds »

All foreign staff at amazon, English will be there 7th language 😄
Mcfaulder

Post by Mcfaulder »

Can you speak Romanian lol
zvincen+vam

Post by zvincen+vam »

Mcfaulder wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:32 pm Can you speak Romanian lol
yes , and what ? Can you speak PRCT ? 🤣 Just say thank you , if you learn some new words 😜
Mcfaulder

Post by Mcfaulder »

zvincen+vam wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:32 pm
yes , and what ? Can you speak PRCT ? 🤣 Just say thank you , if you learn some new words 😜
like rats
zvincen+vam

Post by zvincen+vam »

Mcfaulder wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:33 pm
zvincen+vam wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:32 pm
like rats
do you like rats ? 🤣🤣
trewayerJigg

Post by trewayerJigg »

It’s a holiday, masses of time to get anywhere
Shazano

Post by Shazano »

As easy as it gets. Just takes a little getting used to Amazon procedures
greowan

Post by greowan »

Easiest job around. The app tells you what to do and etc (doesn't tell you when to take breaks of course that's your responsibility).
You have yard Marshall watching you in the yards and if you don't know something, ask them or the offices.
You sometimes are not allowed to sit in the cab whilst waiting, you have to sit in the canteen but they have free hot drinks (90% of the canteens do).
I honestly don't know why people complain about the job but also everyone is different.
Good luck

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”