Any help please. 134 jobs in 2 weeks I applied for on indeed HGV 30 years experience, 1 response lol made redundant

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
mckenac

Re: Any help please. 134 jobs in 2 weeks I applied for on indeed HGV 30 years experience, 1 response lol made redundant

Post by mckenac »

JeyD_John wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:23 pm
mckenac wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:23 pm
JeyD_John wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:23 pm

done that too
028 9334 0510 give them a ring they also outbase trucks they in ballyclaire NI. All clean curtainside work with decent trucks.
ta mate
Hendricks logistics 01519331581
Norve-dall

Re: Any help please. 134 jobs in 2 weeks I applied for on indeed HGV 30 years experience, 1 response lol made redundant

Post by Norve-dall »

If anyone looking for Class 2 out of Avonmouth we have a vacancy open. Sun pm - Tues includes overnights. Regular round. Weds out for the day. £17.25 hour. Must be ok leaving Sunday pm to drive to Penzance. Must be ok with overnights https://www.suma.coop/ or call 01422 313856 if you want more details
JOSRELEEN

Post by JOSRELEEN »

Live anywhere near south Oxfordshire mate?
JeyD_John

Post by JeyD_John »

JOSRELEEN wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:30 pm Live anywhere near south Oxfordshire mate?
widnes mate
vaude.pros

Post by vaude.pros »

I applied for a job on indeed 2 weeks ago and got an email yesterday saying thanks for applying but not selected for interview process. 2hrs later agency call to ask if I’d be interested in a job they just got come through which was for the company that had refused my application, told them this and they went off came back and said the company would like we me to come in for an interview 😂😂😂 I turned it down as the money was less through the agency and a few hours later was offered a full time job elsewhere and better pay.
GoreetzGon

Post by GoreetzGon »

I was the same a few weeks ago. Now they all starting to ring.
appl1ymas

Post by appl1ymas »

30 years experience. Surely you know people in places. Unless you've upset a lot of blokes.
It's not what you know, but who you know.
JeyD_John

Post by JeyD_John »

appl1ymas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm 30 years experience. Surely you know people in places. Unless you've upset a lot of blokes.
got made redundant Thursday as did other lads ... but nothing out there
appl1ymas

Post by appl1ymas »

JeyD_John wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:36 pm
appl1ymas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm 30 years experience. Surely you know people in places. Unless you've upset a lot of blokes.
got made redundant Thursday as did other lads ... but nothing out there
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you manage to find something.
JoGlitz

Post by JoGlitz »

Flip flops have f**kd the industry as wee know it
Vargalo

Post by Vargalo »

JoGlitz wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:37 pm Flip flops have f**kd the industry as wee know it
Anything else you heard from the Useless Kinky Idiots Party and their Carlsberg fuelled brain dead followers?
adyloom

Post by adyloom »

I was on the agency before and during Xmas ,work fell off a cliff as expected, no joy with indeed , I decided to scrap one of my cars one day , asked the collection driver if they had any jobs , started work for them the next Monday on small recovery trucks , now driving a 8 wheel ro-ro , lucky call I say !
adyitin

Post by adyitin »

I have only been on class 1 for 12 years starting new job on monday as ground worker
Gonh0ridge

Post by Gonh0ridge »

They all use agency because it’s easy to get rid if no good
LAUIONO

Post by LAUIONO »

Bus driving sucks but at least there’s always work on the buses.
Passed my class 1 in November on the gov bootcamp and still not found anything on lorries.
mageeUpfor

Post by mageeUpfor »

ralkree33 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:44 pm mageeUpfor, beat that then
it's a joke
NropHoop

Post by NropHoop »

Ask for DPD. They looking for van drivers around UK
Searlin

Post by Searlin »

I'm lucky in the fact that I have a decent job at the moment, albeit class2 but I've done my share of class 1 stuff. I think the market is now saturated with drivers. I'm seriously considering looking at a building trade or something if my current job goes
HearMs

Post by HearMs »

This time of year and this current climate if you want to stay in haulage I'd except any job you can get. There is not work out there for the £20 per hour jobs a lot of firms are folding lately due to lack of work. If you stay with a firm during the lows they should happily reward you when things pick up
harpLaarmo

Post by harpLaarmo »

I was made redundant December started another company 3rd January found on indeed
Just keep applying something will turn up
timchi

Post by timchi »

Don't use indeed, they are a waste of time.
Hydeo2Tim

Post by Hydeo2Tim »

There was never a shortage of drivers
novo.2154

Post by novo.2154 »

I've looked for 2 days and had 3 job offers, I suppose its a case of being consistent, go to company's direct 🙂
Hari-Daily

Post by Hari-Daily »

John dinham transport has fallen in to administration 🫣
Carwines

Post by Carwines »

Seemingly a lot of foreign hauliers doing Uk work and parking up at truck stops and motorways services at the weekend…that’s why there is no work
reez1500

Post by reez1500 »

A lot of comments related to agency work here . Over the last few years I think they’ve priced themselves out . That’s why a lot of self employed drivers are trying to cut out the middle man and offer their services as an ad-hoc driver privately rather than through an agency . A lot of companies would rather park a vehicle up than pay extortionate agency rates . If you’re getting £20 an hr through an agency , the companies must be paying the agency a minimum of £30ph . That cuts too far into the profits, especially when some of these drivers eek the hours out to get a massive wage .
Armscase

Post by Armscase »

Indeed is a shower of sh*t tbh
JeyD_John

Post by JeyD_John »

Armscase wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:55 pm Indeed is a shower of sh*t tbh
u got that right
Armscase

Post by Armscase »

JeyD_John wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:56 pm
Armscase wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:55 pm Indeed is a shower of sh*t tbh
u got that right
n agencys treat ya like sh*te
chrgensCC

Post by chrgensCC »

Monster, CV library. Agencies. Local companies on spec. Best of luck. It's a sh*tty market.
lewamy

Post by lewamy »

I wouldn’t say it’s a short of drivers, it’s a short of jobs, I changed company 3 weeks ago and it took me 50 odd applications to even get 2 to have me in for an interview, 3 years on class 2 and 1 1/2 year on class 1
Stewinfo

Post by Stewinfo »

You're too old now mate, lol just like me haha
JeyD_John

Post by JeyD_John »

Stewinfo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:59 pm You're too old now mate, lol just like me haha
true 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Shaufos.man

Post by Shaufos.man »

Meek you have answered your own question.i pressed one of these recruitment know alls a while back about a job i was applying for and he pesisted in offering me everything but the job i had applied for at the finish he admitted the job did not exist and they were recruiting for the job just incase the were successful in getting it.i gave him a piece of my mind and told him he should not be playing with peoples minds.it was in the tamworth area,but i think all agencies swing the same way
flavii

Post by flavii »

In just 2 days I was applied to 73 jobs and nothing......just scammers
Dawsonda

Post by Dawsonda »

I’ve been a LGV trainer for 41 years. Also 3 years for the DVSA as an LGV examiner before covid.
7.30-3.30 Mon-Fri
If you’re over 50 it’s a good way back to driving as the companies that put young lads through are looking for drivers.
In fairness you will need 20-30 passes to get some credibility.
Worth thinking about.
New trainers should earn £800-£900pw
Paul+Mister

Post by Paul+Mister »

I walked out of my job yesterday and start a new one Tuesday so they’re out there or maybe it was right place right time I hope you’ve found one now
jul8zane

Post by jul8zane »

What area are you? We are looking for drivers in the Goole/ Howden area
jul8zane

Post by jul8zane »

Kastle Crushers ltd looking for class 1 drivers with immediate start.
Call Clint on 07711695229
harpeller47

Post by harpeller47 »

I'm being made redundant, my payout will clear my debts, I'm looking at other jobs less pay but at least it's only 8 hours, getting fed up of 12 / 13 hour days
operaOpti

Post by operaOpti »

We have work available for about another 20 drivers on a new contract starting mid April is Harwich. It is NOT tramping and you can't sleep in the truck as they run 24/7. It is day and night shift. The minimum pay per day is 10 hours, even if you only did 7. It's doubtful if you would do more than 12 hours as the trucks have to run 24/7. RATES Mon to Fri is £16 on days, £18 on nights, £20 Saturdays and £21 Sundays. We have had a lot of enquiries from outside of the area of Harwich and I think drivers are recruiting their Class 1 mates to share digs and Static holiday caravans nearby. Take a look at our page and message us if this is of interest. Optimum European
Howeev

Post by Howeev »

I agree. I’ve applied for many jobs on indeed. Never get a response. I’ve had class one 23 years still nothing. I’ve stopped using them now. Complete crap 💩
knightra

Post by knightra »

Lads ,I don't normally get involved in posts here , as I'm the other side of the fence as I run a small transport company , four trucks and three van, I have every TRL , curtain, flat ,low loaders , extendable flats , stepframe flats, even a vessel carrier trailer , and I'm having days where I can't find work for my trucks , and finding back loads even worse , just been offered Leighton buzzard to Newport for £250 and that's not covering the fuel , let alone anything else , however , in five minutes that load had gone , actually there was two and they both went (keedwells if your interested ) , the point being , there is very little work , and our game is supply and demand , and the demand is very weak , if your looking for a job and can't find one, it's cos there isn't much work , not because of agencys , or areas , just little work , my advice , stay where you are , or look for food related work , or the bin trucks, as these jobs aren't affected by the economy. Good luck chin up .Also is nothing to do with foreign trucks , if you look around, it's Europe wide , if not world wide, We do international work aswell , it's the same all over , try and find an export load to Spain, last trip I shipped out empty to load Barcelona.
NevriZorge

Post by NevriZorge »

knightra wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:10 pm Lads ,I don't normally get involved in posts here , as I'm the other side of the fence as I run a small transport company , four trucks and three van, I have every TRL , curtain, flat ,low loaders , extendable flats , stepframe flats, even a vessel carrier trailer , and I'm having days where I can't find work for my trucks , and finding back loads even worse , just been offered Leighton buzzard to Newport for £250 and that's not covering the fuel , let alone anything else , however , in five minutes that load had gone , actually there was two and they both went (keedwells if your interested ) , the point being , there is very little work , and our game is supply and demand , and the demand is very weak , if your looking for a job and can't find one, it's cos there isn't much work , not because of agencys , or areas , just little work , my advice , stay where you are , or look for food related work , or the bin trucks, as these jobs aren't affected by the economy. Good luck chin up .Also is nothing to do with foreign trucks , if you look around, it's Europe wide , if not world wide, We do international work aswell , it's the same all over , try and find an export load to Spain, last trip I shipped out empty to load Barcelona.
I've experienced a small retail firm recently struggling, kept my cards up incase I need spare income...
Realizing retail is on its arse and who supplies them, catch 22 😂
Amazon has monopolized the world...
Brian+Orion

Post by Brian+Orion »

NevriZorge wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:12 pm
knightra wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:10 pm Lads ,I don't normally get involved in posts here , as I'm the other side of the fence as I run a small transport company , four trucks and three van, I have every TRL , curtain, flat ,low loaders , extendable flats , stepframe flats, even a vessel carrier trailer , and I'm having days where I can't find work for my trucks , and finding back loads even worse , just been offered Leighton buzzard to Newport for £250 and that's not covering the fuel , let alone anything else , however , in five minutes that load had gone , actually there was two and they both went (keedwells if your interested ) , the point being , there is very little work , and our game is supply and demand , and the demand is very weak , if your looking for a job and can't find one, it's cos there isn't much work , not because of agencys , or areas , just little work , my advice , stay where you are , or look for food related work , or the bin trucks, as these jobs aren't affected by the economy. Good luck chin up .Also is nothing to do with foreign trucks , if you look around, it's Europe wide , if not world wide, We do international work aswell , it's the same all over , try and find an export load to Spain, last trip I shipped out empty to load Barcelona.
I've experienced a small retail firm recently struggling, kept my cards up incase I need spare income...
Realizing retail is on its arse and who supplies them, catch 22 😂
Amazon has monopolized the world...
Been among haulage all my life retired now and just doing a bit of European part time to keep my eye in and i can tell you The job is completely on its arse in my view the biggest link in the chain has never had any help from any government ? the first place a company will try and save money is distribution ? , Yet some people out there are spending over 150,000 plus on a tractor unit ?? the figures just do not add up and i see a lot of them folding before
alpine xf 95

Post by alpine xf 95 »

knightra wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:10 pm Lads ,I don't normally get involved in posts here , as I'm the other side of the fence as I run a small transport company , four trucks and three van, I have every TRL , curtain, flat ,low loaders , extendable flats , stepframe flats, even a vessel carrier trailer , and I'm having days where I can't find work for my trucks , and finding back loads even worse , just been offered Leighton buzzard to Newport for £250 and that's not covering the fuel , let alone anything else , however , in five minutes that load had gone , actually there was two and they both went (keedwells if your interested ) , the point being , there is very little work , and our game is supply and demand , and the demand is very weak , if your looking for a job and can't find one, it's cos there isn't much work , not because of agencrobley ys , or areas , just little work , my advice , stay where you are , or look for food related work , or the bin trucks, as these jobs aren't affected by the economy. Good luck chin up .Also is nothing to do with foreign trucks , if you look around, it's Europe wide , if not world wide, We do international work aswell , it's the same all over , try and find an export load to Spain, last trip I shipped out empty to load Barcelona.
in
That load from Leighton Buzzard was most probley subbed from Wincantski Tiles out of Vandyke Road, Shite rates when it was Redland Tiles, Back in the day it was Dryroof Tiles / Stonehenge Bricks

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”