Okay guys and girls what’s the views on using the sunblinds with passengers sat behind you?? Seen so many drivers

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
angelate

Re: Okay guys and girls what’s the views on using the sunblinds with passengers sat behind you?? Seen so many drivers

Post by angelate »

I have same problem Carrient but sun blinds yes 😎😎
CARRIENT

Re: Okay guys and girls what’s the views on using the sunblinds with passengers sat behind you?? Seen so many drivers

Post by CARRIENT »

angelate wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm I have same problem Carrient but sun blinds yes 😎😎
They're shocking, I must have the smallest torso ever, I think they were designed for 6ft giants & we the little people got overlooked! 😂 quite literally 😂
angelate

Post by angelate »

CARRIENT wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm
angelate wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm I have same problem Carrient but sun blinds yes 😎😎
They're shocking, I must have the smallest torso ever, I think they were designed for 6ft giants & we the little people got overlooked! 😂 quite literally 😂
Feel the same Carrient last time I used the blind think it was about 6" off top of steering wheel anyone else got into drive wouldn't have seen a thing ha ha but was ok for me and yes most our buses blinds don't go that far so I struggle some days being short arse an all 🤣🤣
personalth

Post by personalth »

U being able to see clearly is much more important than pax! Yes, use as you need!
kennyuu

Post by kennyuu »

If you can't see their in a very bad place lol
kennyuu

Post by kennyuu »

I meant because of the sun light
ODellarch

Post by ODellarch »

Definitely use blinds safety first.
ruel_1183

Post by ruel_1183 »

Have a set of sunglasses that are totally awesome, requiring no sunblind usage 🙂
Diamore

Post by Diamore »

I pull my blind down and because I’m small it still doesn’t cover my eyes. 😏😏😏
Diamore

Post by Diamore »

Jorderix wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm They are there for a reason.
😏 saying what
Gracently

Post by Gracently »

Callaway golf hat and Oakley shades.
sebSense

Post by sebSense »

It doesn’t come down far enough to make any difference this time of year.
Harp+Garp

Post by Harp+Garp »

No sunglasses do the job better
stephossl

Post by stephossl »

For the shorties moaning that the blinds don't come down far enough, just raise your seat up, simples. Lol
stephossl

Post by stephossl »

It was said in jest, but never mind.
Diamore

Post by Diamore »

stephossl wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm For the shorties moaning that the blinds don't come down far enough, just raise your seat up, simples. Lol
Even with my seat at the highest 😏
Diamore

Post by Diamore »

stephossl wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm It was said in jest, but never mind.
No offence taken, I like being small. Sometimes an advantage, and being a lady driver.
Diamore

Post by Diamore »

All good things come in small packages 😂
sulliam

Post by sulliam »

If it wasn't for blinds it'd be curtains for us all. lol
trewayerJigg

Post by trewayerJigg »

A passenger may want to see where they are going but the driver needs to.
Kimblee.Yau

Post by Kimblee.Yau »

Not a fan of the sun blinds unless the sun is really low. I prefer to use sunglasses. Is great to feel the sun beaming through the screen when we have it ☀️ Some drivers seem to choose to drop the blinds when it’s cloudy / dark as if they are hiding or have bad eyes. Unless they can’t be bothered to make them look neat!
Bolg.joves

Post by Bolg.joves »

Wear sun glasses. and then add a peaked hat for the "low sun" days.. Blinds been up or down, working/Not working or pax been able to see or not won't be an issue..
stoph+chmi

Post by stoph+chmi »

Sunglasses all the way for me. Sore head material if not worn. Often get passengers asking for blinds up so they can see, even tho they get blinded by the sun too, but, customers always right 😉
Dayxana

Post by Dayxana »

stoph+chmi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm Sunglasses all the way for me. Sore head material if not worn. Often get passengers asking for blinds up so they can see, even tho they get blinded by the sun too, but, customers always right 😉
Are they really?
Dayxana

Post by Dayxana »

What if you wear prescription sunglasses like me? changing them on the move isn't ideal.
stephossl

Post by stephossl »

Dayxana wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm What if you wear prescription sunglasses like me? changing them on the move isn't ideal.
Reactolites sunglasses
Dayxana

Post by Dayxana »

stephossl wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm
Dayxana wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm What if you wear prescription sunglasses like me? changing them on the move isn't ideal.
Reactolites sunglasses
Unless tech has improved their performance varies with the level of prescription and not always too well behind glass.
Mensto2023

Post by Mensto2023 »

Most don't work behind windscreens as the screen is already polarized
MarMarsherry

Post by MarMarsherry »

Mensto2023 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm Most don't work behind windscreens as the screen is already polarized
The only trouble with reactolites is that they are rubbish.
Mensto2023

Post by Mensto2023 »

MarMarsherry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm
Mensto2023 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm Most don't work behind windscreens as the screen is already polarized
I know cos I tried them
MarMarsherry

Post by MarMarsherry »

Mensto2023 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm
I know cos I tried them
The pair I had only really got dark if you were outdoors. Interestingly Specsavers didn't recommend them for driving
Mensto2023

Post by Mensto2023 »

MarMarsherry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

I know cos I tried them
The pair I had only really got dark if you were outdoors. Interestingly Specsavers didn't recommend them for driving
And they still don't
trewayerJigg

Post by trewayerJigg »

I know cos I tried them
Make you look like a weirdo too
MarMarsherry

Post by MarMarsherry »

trewayerJigg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

I know cos I tried them
I do anyway.
Mensto2023

Post by Mensto2023 »

MarMarsherry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm
trewayerJigg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

I do anyway.
One of the reasons I started wearing contacts was trying to change glasses while driving
Nioco_pixre

Post by Nioco_pixre »

U can get ones now tht change with the brightness of the sunlight
Dayxana

Post by Dayxana »

Nioco_pixre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm
Me too but I don't use contacts anymore.
Umm..Nioco..that's what reactolites do isn't it?
Nioco_pixre

Post by Nioco_pixre »

Dayxana wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm
Nioco_pixre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm
Me too but I don't use contacts anymore.
Umm..Nioco..that's what reactolites do isn't it?
it is I’m sure thts what they are called so I was told by a fellow colleague he swears by them
FindInterest

Post by FindInterest »

You forget
Dayxana

Post by Dayxana »

FindInterest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm
You forget
Anyone bought a new washing machine lately? Can I have the door off the old one ?
janewint

Post by janewint »

I have some progressive tinted polarised prescription sun glasses and will wear a cap when needed. If I need to use the blinds... I use them
carriews

Post by carriews »

trewayerJigg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm Most of my driving is at night.
Best time
trewayerJigg

Post by trewayerJigg »

carriews wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm
Best time
Makes many cities look nice.
carriews

Post by carriews »

trewayerJigg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm
Best time
Unless it’s been 3 and 4 am .... I need sleep then lol
trewayerJigg

Post by trewayerJigg »

carriews wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm
trewayerJigg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

Best time
Unless it’s been 3 and 4 am .... I need sleep then lol
My time
newtion

Post by newtion »

I wear a trilby when sunny to keep the sun out of my eyes ... look like ade edmondson in bottom but it keeps me safe and pax happy
136_lewismequ

Post by 136_lewismequ »

newtion wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm I wear a trilby when sunny to keep the sun out of my eyes ... look like ade edmondson in bottom but it keeps me safe and pax happy
Love that 👍
newtion

Post by newtion »

136_lewismequ wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm
newtion wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm I wear a trilby when sunny to keep the sun out of my eyes ... look like ade edmondson in bottom but it keeps me safe and pax happy
Love that 👍
Only £5 in matalan (other stores are available lol)
direDan9

Post by direDan9 »

Sunglasses? I sit so low anyway so the sun blind doesn’t do a lot for me
paunel

Post by paunel »

Safety first yes use blinds
olea2ment

Post by olea2ment »

It can be a compromise, but ultimately your vision has to take priority.
McLeoddge

Post by McLeoddge »

I dont like them down as it blocks their view,when the winter suns low i look at the relection in the windscreen and if i see them holding their hands up for shade i'll roll the down just as far as their eye level...
dale.Slash

Post by dale.Slash »

McLeoddge wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm I dont like them down as it blocks their view,when the winter suns low i look at the relection in the windscreen and if i see them holding their hands up for shade i'll roll the down just as far as their eye level...
I do the same mate
IaneRRyad

Post by IaneRRyad »

Me to safely first pax should know that
McLeoddge

Post by McLeoddge »

Our blinds cover the mirrors before the block the sun...
Nathureu

Post by Nathureu »

McLeoddge wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm Our blinds cover the mirrors before the block the sun...
Mine too, how stupid is that!!!
walt4rnas

Post by walt4rnas »

Coming south at this time of year it's a combo of sun glasses and blind ...
carriews

Post by carriews »

walt4rnas wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm Coming south at this time of year it's a combo of sun glasses and blind ...
You can never have enough sunglasses 😂
bred5ight

Post by bred5ight »

Blinds so I can see safely so goes down. Front window is for me to see through passengers have the side windows.
LizV2

Post by LizV2 »

Blind, but because I’m a short arse, I also use sun glasses
vallDowns

Post by vallDowns »

I have a sun visor so my head doesn't get too hot and my hair doesn't get squashed 😂 I also asked my passengers if they want the blinds down a bit 😀
Annic-Vano

Post by Annic-Vano »

vallDowns wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm I have a sun visor so my head doesn't get too hot and my hair doesn't get squashed 😂 I also asked my passengers if they want the blinds down a bit 😀
I ask too!
THrestem

Post by THrestem »

Get a cap 🧢. It’s not rocket science 🙈
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

THrestem wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm Get a cap 🧢. It’s not rocket science 🙈
Company I work for doesn’t allow caps tell us it’s not part of uniform! They say the Blinds are there for a reason!
THrestem

Post by THrestem »

Anthony wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm
Company I work for doesn’t allow caps tell us it’s not part of uniform! They say the Blinds are there for a reason!
I never understood why not . But if that’s the case put the blind down . Do they provide sunglasses to ?
BillyHHead

Post by BillyHHead »

nor do the repair blinds
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

THrestem wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm
I never understood why not . But if that’s the case put the blind down . Do they provide sunglasses to ?
no they don’t but Billy I do believe at the moment all blinds have been repaired 😂
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

THrestem wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm
and I don’t understand either another local company to us supplies caps and beanie hats with the company logo on.
howarlo

Post by howarlo »

As a retired driver now enjoying the delights of coach travel, I hate those blinds. A truly professional Alpha driver told me recently he never uses them if at all possible and depends on sun glasses and a big-peaked cap. Cheers, mate.
IBBITHONE

Post by IBBITHONE »

howarlo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm As a retired driver now enjoying the delights of coach travel, I hate those blinds. A truly professional Alpha driver told me recently he never uses them if at all possible and depends on sun glasses and a big-peaked cap. Cheers, mate.
was that sarcasm?

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”