Does anyone know what this ceo update is regarding the payment within 5 days? When I joined I was told they'd start

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Hopkinn344

Does anyone know what this ceo update is regarding the payment within 5 days? When I joined I was told they'd start

Post by Hopkinn344 »

Does anyone know what this ceo update is regarding the payment within 5 days? When I joined I was told they'd start paying weekly and it never happened. But the other day the ceo emailed saying 5 day payments are now a thing. How? Any info? Can't get an answer out of cx.
simLanKon

Re: Does anyone know what this ceo update is regarding the payment within 5 days? When I joined I was told they'd start

Post by simLanKon »

Cx invoice factoring is coming just up to you if you’re willing to pay a percentage of the lousy rate you get for early payment
Hopkinn344

Re: Does anyone know what this ceo update is regarding the payment within 5 days? When I joined I was told they'd start

Post by Hopkinn344 »

simLanKon wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:24 pm Cx invoice factoring is coming just up to you if you’re willing to pay a percentage of the lousy rate you get for early payment
that's what I'm worried about what's their take for this? We already pay thousands for the platform and now they want a cut of each invoice? 😅 I don't mind like 1% but anything more is just another money grabbing scheme
roneed

Post by roneed »

Hopkinn344 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:25 pm
simLanKon wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:24 pm Cx invoice factoring is coming just up to you if you’re willing to pay a percentage of the lousy rate you get for early payment
that's what I'm worried about what's their take for this? We already pay thousands for the platform and now they want a cut of each invoice? 😅 I don't mind like 1% but anything more is just another money grabbing scheme
just another way for Lyall to top up his pension fund..... not that he needs anymore as he must be making more than enough especially with the joke that is Trustd
Nikoluter

Post by Nikoluter »

can't believe that they will want 1% More like 5%+
Belchan

Post by Belchan »

never going to be free. Just another added cost for people. But lots will use it at 3/4 % I bet to get paid quicker
Hopkinn344

Post by Hopkinn344 »

so it's not a thing as yet then?
simLanKon

Post by simLanKon »

Hopkinn344 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:27 pm
don’t think it’s live yet but would expect it to be between 3-5% when it happens.
And like any other factoring company if you don’t get paid they will want there money back.
Hopkinn344

Post by Hopkinn344 »

simLanKon wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:27 pm
don’t think it’s live yet but would expect it to be between 3-5% when it happens.
And like any other factoring company if you don’t get paid they will want there money back.
pointless then really 😅
simLanKon

Post by simLanKon »

Hopkinn344 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:28 pm

pointless then really 😅
any invoice factoring is a waste of money in my own opinion
simLanKon

Post by simLanKon »

pointless then really 😅
What I find interesting about cx factoring invoices is most factoring companies will refuse to factor if they deem a company high risk but that would apply to a high percentage of companies selling work on the exchange. So will cx take the stance that they will cover against anyone or be selective 🤷‍♂️
Belchan

Post by Belchan »

simLanKon wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:28 pm

pointless then really 😅
What I find interesting about cx factoring invoices is most factoring companies will refuse to factor if they deem a company high risk but that would apply to a high percentage of companies selling work on the exchange. So will cx take the stance that they will cover against anyone or be selective 🤷‍♂️
Cx ain’t going to cover anymore that don’t paid for sure.
MayzDimen

Post by MayzDimen »

Amazon started this.
Just factor it in on your pricing/margins.
In the long-term it does work.
roneed

Post by roneed »

MayzDimen wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:32 pm Amazon started this.
adding 5% to most CX prices won't get you work and any case if people don't have the cashflow required to operate then they shouldn't be on in the first place. This is just another way for CX to get more owner driver subscribers that don't have the money for day to day operations and will simply add yet more to the churn rate, then those people will no doubt be in debt
MayzDimen

Post by MayzDimen »

roneed wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:32 pm
adding 5% to most CX prices won't get you work and any case if people don't have the cashflow required to operate then they shouldn't be on in the first place. This is just another way for CX to get more owner driver subscribers that don't have the money for day to day operations and will simply add yet more to the churn rate, then those people will no doubt be in debt
5%?
roneed

Post by roneed »

MayzDimen wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:32 pm
roneed wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:32 pm
5%?
I've no idea what it's going to be, but I'll be surprised if it's less than 5% as there has to be an incentive for the job poster to pay early as that is how I believe it's going to be run rather than the usual factoring way
Belchan

Post by Belchan »

people can’t get good rates, so never going to be able to add this charge to rates. Just another way for Cx to cash in I bet
Cartices

Post by Cartices »

I asked the same question?
Is this happening now or do we need to sign up or what?
Brentef

Post by Brentef »

It’s going to be used like a factoring company. Where they Will pay out a % of approved invoices. To help with cash flow. It will have to be charged at a fee due to that’s how lending works. Someone will have to make a margin somewhere.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”