A question that I seem to can’t find much info on online. If I were to move to another country and take employement,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
129_philixah

A question that I seem to can’t find much info on online. If I were to move to another country and take employement,

Post by 129_philixah »

A question that I seem to can’t find much info on online.
I’m exploring options to broaden my experience etc. Whilst I like it where I am and so on, the boss is particular on the work he wants which pretty much follows the same lines and visits largely, the same places a lot of the time. I’ve been looking at working abroad, whilst I know we can go oversees on our licence whilst touring etc, I can’t find anything about taking employement other than their licensing.
If I were to move to another country and take employement, does the PCV Entitlement carry across like our licence (for 1 year) before taking their tests or do we have to go through the whole licence process straight away?
VitorsFiddy

Re: A question that I seem to can’t find much info on online. If I were to move to another country and take employement,

Post by VitorsFiddy »

Always heard that our license(coach license UK) is not valid to work for an abroad company my friend
Information provided by Contiki for example
You would have to go through the whole process again
If it’s absolutely correct I’m not sure mate
Hope you’re well
129_philixah

Re: A question that I seem to can’t find much info on online. If I were to move to another country and take employement,

Post by 129_philixah »

VitorsFiddy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:36 pm Always heard that our license(coach license UK) is not valid to work for an abroad company my friend
Information provided by Contiki for example
You would have to go through the whole process again
If it’s absolutely correct I’m not sure mate
Hope you’re well
thank you mate. Yeah, I’m alright. Just looking at the future and so on. Hope you’re well too though
jenios_puree

Post by jenios_puree »

Funny thing is a European driver can take a job with a UK company and don't need to retest
Mals.puman

Post by Mals.puman »

jenios_puree wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:41 pm Funny thing is a European driver can take a job with a UK company and don't need to retest
Because their driving tests are a lot more detailed than ours. And that starts from a basic driving licence.
jenios_puree

Post by jenios_puree »

Mals.puman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:41 pm
jenios_puree wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:41 pm Funny thing is a European driver can take a job with a UK company and don't need to retest
Because their driving tests are a lot more detailed than ours. And that starts from a basic driving licence.
not when they acquired it from being a conskrip in army
louis2ppe

Post by louis2ppe »

You can work for European companies ... However one the bonuses of Brexit means its incredibly difficult.
129_philixah

Post by 129_philixah »

louis2ppe wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:42 pm You can work for European companies ... However one the bonuses of Brexit means its incredibly difficult.
that’s the bonus side to every decision, always something to bring it down.
I looked on a company website to one in Vienna and it says you need a Cat D and D95 licence, they can put you through the training. Just ours is a D but no where really explains it online
louis2ppe

Post by louis2ppe »

129_philixah wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:43 pm
louis2ppe wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:42 pm You can work for European companies ... However one the bonuses of Brexit means its incredibly difficult.
that’s the bonus side to every decision, always something to bring it down.
I looked on a company website to one in Vienna and it says you need a Cat D and D95 licence, they can put you through the training. Just ours is a D but no where really explains it online
D95 is the CPC ... old CPC cards had 95 as a code after each category.. new UK ones do not.. so not applicable for driving EU registered vehicles.
carriews

Post by carriews »

ShantyJEN wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:45 pm Carriews, one for you?
since Brexit I wouldn’t know and I’d presume it would depend on country. I did my licence over 30 years ago and changed it to an Italian one within 12 months of being in Italy, I stayed in Italy for 20 years and when I decided to come back to U.K. 9 years ago within 12 months I exchanged all cards for U.K. cards (licence, cpc and drivers card). Can you speak the language and follow instruction of that language? Have you driven over the water? It’s actually probably easier to sit on the lhd driving on the right that it is driving from the U.K. over there, are you familiar with the signs in Europe - there’s loads of stuff to take into consideration. Do your homework properly and go for it. Life is for living. GOOD LUCK 🍀
129_philixah

Post by 129_philixah »

carriews wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:46 pm
since Brexit I wouldn’t know and I’d presume it would depend on country. I did my licence over 30 years ago and changed it to an Italian one within 12 months of being in Italy, I stayed in Italy for 20 years and when I decided to come back to U.K. 9 years ago within 12 months I exchanged all cards for U.K. cards (licence, cpc and drivers card). Can you speak the language and follow instruction of that language? Have you driven over the water? It’s actually probably easier to sit on the lhd driving on the right that it is driving from the U.K. over there, are you familiar with the signs in Europe - there’s loads of stuff to take into consideration. Do your homework properly and go for it. Life is for living. GOOD LUCK 🍀
I’ve been over to Vienna recently etc and enjoyed my time there. Can speak a bit of the language but not so much however learning. It seems a better life but I want to know the rough cost before I settle for it
carriews

Post by carriews »

129_philixah wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:47 pm
carriews wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:46 pm
I’ve been over to Vienna recently etc and enjoyed my time there. Can speak a bit of the language but not so much however learning. It seems a better life but I want to know the rough cost before I settle for it
good luck 🍀
AndyGrandee

Post by AndyGrandee »

Ask some coach drivers here, and I'm sure Ian will answer correctly. He is on this page.
129_philixah

Post by 129_philixah »

AndyGrandee wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:50 pm Ask some coach drivers here, and I'm sure Ian will answer correctly. He is on this page.
I’ve tried and been ignore despite answering all the questions
AndyGrandee

Post by AndyGrandee »

129_philixah wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:54 pm
AndyGrandee wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:50 pm Ask some coach drivers here, and I'm sure Ian will answer correctly. He is on this page.
I’ve tried and been ignore despite answering all the questions
ah OK, but know Ian. So can't explain why you're ignore unfortunately. Maybe you unbalanced at some point.
Mals.puman

Post by Mals.puman »

I took my car licence in Germany and it was a lpt different to ours and yhat ess in '85, basic mechanics motorway driving night and day etc etc, cost a lot more than here as well.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”