Just seen this!! What are people’s thoughts? Mine is that while the initial cause was the car pulling into the Bus

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
jamesst1276

Just seen this!! What are people’s thoughts? Mine is that while the initial cause was the car pulling into the Bus

Post by jamesst1276 »

Just seen this!! What are people’s thoughts? Mine is that while the initial cause was the car pulling into the Bus lane, the Bus was going far too fast for the conditions!! Just because you’re in a Bus lane doesn’t mean you can go hammering along and you still need to air on the side of caution for this reason!!

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/15/double-d ... e.top.link
Moone.DJ

Re: Just seen this!! What are people’s thoughts? Mine is that while the initial cause was the car pulling into the Bus

Post by Moone.DJ »

If we all “ erred on the side of caution” and drove expecting every other vehicle to drive into our path … we’d never get to our destination! If the bus driver was travelling within the speed limit for that section of road, there’s no blame attached to him! Define “hammering”
(Sits back and waits for the hate)!
Skee7mach

Re: Just seen this!! What are people’s thoughts? Mine is that while the initial cause was the car pulling into the Bus

Post by Skee7mach »

Moone.DJ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 pm If we all “ erred on the side of caution” and drove expecting every other vehicle to drive into our path … we’d never get to our destination! If the bus driver was travelling within the speed limit for that section of road, there’s no blame attached to him! Define “hammering”
agree with u. Our bus lanes on motorway is 40 while stopped traffic
BensContends

Post by BensContends »

Moone.DJ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 pm If we all “ erred on the side of caution” and drove expecting every other vehicle to drive into our path … we’d never get to our destination! If the bus driver was travelling within the speed limit for that section of road, there’s no blame attached to him! Define “hammering”
that bus lane is a 40
Willeeds-Yau

Post by Willeeds-Yau »

agreed
127-danibber

Post by 127-danibber »

what you have described sums up defensive driving 👌
Moone.DJ

Post by Moone.DJ »

127-danibber wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 pm
what you have described sums up defensive driving 👌
not sure JR would agree with that … 😝
jamesst1276

Post by jamesst1276 »

Thanks for your correction 👍🏻👍🏻
Skee7mach

Post by Skee7mach »

Regardless. The bmw driver is the bigger idiot 🤣
Gracently

Post by Gracently »

Car to blame, the bus lane is there to allow buses to make progress.
JullShard

Post by JullShard »

Hammering?? Hardly! Bus lanes were built next to roads that normally get clogged up with traffic! Only one person 100% at fault here and its not the bus driver
BensContends

Post by BensContends »

It’s in Small Heath, have you ever been there?
the bus lane is 40 and the driving standards are of the same standards found on a planet far far away…
Moone.DJ

Post by Moone.DJ »

BensContends wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 pm It’s in Small Heath, have you ever been there?
the bus lane is 40 and the driving standards are of the same standards found on a planet far far away…
I once took a mirror off a mini on that road while on Nat. Express.
muggler

Post by muggler »

Bus is restricted to 40mph, and the road is also 40mph
Hudzone.411

Post by Hudzone.411 »

muggler wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:28 pm Bus is restricted to 40mph, and the road is also 40mph
jobs f**ked drive
nick4ummni

Post by nick4ummni »

Bus driver did nothing wrong and did well to react as good as he did without wiping out more cars! It was the cars fault for not checking his mirror and pulling out oblivious!! And he couldn’t have been doing more than 40 as them electric crappers only do 40 top speed! 🙈🙈
LewoHerald

Post by LewoHerald »

I like how people are blaming the car driver straight away 🙄 The car obviously shouldn’t have been there but the bus driver should’ve drove with more caution and not as fast as he was going. Simple as that.
Moone.DJ

Post by Moone.DJ »

LewoHerald wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 pm I like how people are blaming the car driver straight away 🙄 The car obviously shouldn’t have been there but the bus driver should’ve drove with more caution and not as fast as he was going. Simple as that.
so what percentage of blame falls to the bus driver??
LewoHerald

Post by LewoHerald »

Moone.DJ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm
LewoHerald wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 pm I like how people are blaming the car driver straight away 🙄 The car obviously shouldn’t have been there but the bus driver should’ve drove with more caution and not as fast as he was going. Simple as that.
Id say 75% car, 25% bus
Moone.DJ

Post by Moone.DJ »

LewoHerald wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm
Id say 75% car, 25% bus
unbelievable!! How have you arrived at that conclusion. What is the 25% that you attribute to the bus driver?
LewoHerald

Post by LewoHerald »

LewoHerald wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm

Id say 75% car, 25% bus
unbelievable!! How have you arrived at that conclusion. What is the 25% that you attribute to the bus driver?
The speed, lack of awareness, duty of care for the passengers they’re carrying.
rabalca

Post by rabalca »

so the purpose of the bus lane failed then . If you set the speed limit of 40 for that lane then how is the bus going too fast ? Incorrect limit perhaps . That solid line is there to shout at other vehicles to keep out . The BMW driver like wee Jock from the Great escape crossed the wire of death . Lucky to be alive tbh . Why is it when folk do the most stupid of things they have to find a way of blaming everyone else . When was the last time someone actually put their hand up n said . Yip I was a d**k 😂😂
1517.franixo

Post by 1517.franixo »

he have been found not at fault just incase you want to know for your rubbish excuse for the car driver 😂 if you were as cautious as you say on the roads, especially in Birmingham/London etc. Youd have to drive at 2mph max.
LewoHerald

Post by LewoHerald »

1517.franixo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:33 pm
he have been found not at fault just incase you want to know for your rubbish excuse for the car driver 😂 if you were as cautious as you say on the roads, especially in Birmingham/London etc. Youd have to drive at 2mph max.
Definitely looked a lot quicker on the footage so behave yourself. Be a different story if you were in the car 😂
1517.franixo

Post by 1517.franixo »

LewoHerald wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:34 pm
Definitely looked a lot quicker on the footage so behave yourself. Be a different story if you were in the car 😂
if I was in the car I wouldn't of pulled out into a bus lane as I have a licence and know what a bus lane is 🤷‍♂️ with the speed limit being 40 and nobody that should be in the bus lane he had every right to do 40mph in there. So once again bus driver is not at fault
BensContends

Post by BensContends »

Just remember the angle of a dash cam makes things seem faster then they actually are.
LewoHerald

Post by LewoHerald »

BensContends wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:35 pm

Just remember the angle of a dash cam makes things seem faster then they actually are.
This is true 👀
GRATTLEYL

Post by GRATTLEYL »

I am willing to pay for your vasectomy
LewoHerald

Post by LewoHerald »

GRATTLEYL wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm
I am willing to pay for your vasectomy
Feel free 😂 Every single coach/bus driver backs their own kind up… whether in the wrong or not. And people wonder why there’s no standard of driving anymore 😂
mathoodBiT

Post by mathoodBiT »

car driver was to blame be his/her insurance paying out for all the damages.
trevor.skier

Post by trevor.skier »

Bus lane iz a bus lane why r u in it your not a bus hope both drivers r o.k
Dayxana

Post by Dayxana »

Can't believe what I'm reading here in the comments
WardKing

Post by WardKing »

It was at that moment the bus driver became a professional driver and the finger of blame will always point at them 😎
coxull.1861

Post by coxull.1861 »

I actually can't believe this post I use this bus lane here and there and the bus driver did nothing wrong, the bus lane is a bus lane and it was 40mph and it was an impatient knob who didn't check his mirrors and tried to make a move to a lane what he shouldn't of been in and caused the severe damage to the bus and 3 other cars. Luckily no one was seriously injured
And I take my hat off to the driver cause he controlled it.
martinmed

Post by martinmed »

coxull.1861 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 pm I actually can't believe this post I use this bus lane here and there and the bus driver did nothing wrong, the bus lane is a bus lane and it was 40mph and it was an impatient knob who didn't check his mirrors and tried to make a move to a lane what he shouldn't of been in and caused the severe damage to the bus and 3 other cars. Luckily no one was seriously injured
And I take my hat off to the driver cause he controlled it.
best thing is, that bus is limited to 40mph 🤣
Iann-Away

Post by Iann-Away »

Solid white line.... Car at fault not the bus .Not sure how you can judge speed from a photo ! ..Deal with FACTS not what guy down pub or coach park gossips..
riri+adess

Post by riri+adess »

BMW driver at fault should not of pulled into bus lane and yes might seem bus going fast it may seem that way he had a clear lane designated a bus lane car should not of entered it
CraCreed

Post by CraCreed »

So the bus lane is a 40 mph lane and the cars were looking at the photo crawling. The bus is doing 40 mph so to anyone in a car that's hardly moving then a decker travelling at 40 mph will look crazy fast. I bet the Beemer pilot didn't use their indicators either.....
jayinn

Post by jayinn »

Mirror, signal, manoeuvre. Or are we saying the BMW pulled out without using a mirror? That’s dangerous driving. Or are we saying the BMW signaled and pulled out into the path of a vehicle. That’s dangerous driving. BMW drivers fault. If you disagree then let’s all just pull out on anything and everything regardless, sod it, why not!
SpillerPride

Post by SpillerPride »

Conditions? The weather was fine. The lane was clear. You can do the speed limit. If something just pulls into your path, they should be charged for driving without die care. If you are doing 50 on an A road are you going to slow to 20 everytime you pass a side road incase a car pulls out. Driver was in an empty lane no need to presume anything would pull into it. Probably drives the same route each day passing the same traffic. Running to a timetable that is set but the fact there is a bus priority measure in place knowing the bus will go at road speed. Simply the car pulled into the path of an on coming vehicle and caused the accident. Unless the bus was breaking the speed limit there is no other defence.
Hood_maxx

Post by Hood_maxx »

Car 💯 not even a debate 😂 first of all hes clearly not checked his mirror and secondly, he's moving into a space he shouldn't be in
DuneTHUG

Post by DuneTHUG »

Hood_maxx wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 pm Car 💯 not even a debate 😂 first of all hes clearly not checked his mirror and secondly, he's moving into a space he shouldn't be in
If you drive a BMW you don't check your mirrors, you don't use indicators, you're the king of the road and the others are the peasants 😂
fintexo

Post by fintexo »

Good to see the standards of driving with NXWM and in Birmingham in general haven't improved
Wilkiesful

Post by Wilkiesful »

Why is this even a discussion on who's at fault? Pull into the path of a bus doing 40mph then expect the worst! 100% bus driver did nothing wrong and was simply traveling at the speed limit.
jamesst1276

Post by jamesst1276 »

I knew this was spark some debate and so far, there’s only one comment I agree with here!!
Juniorex

Post by Juniorex »

I use this bus lane regularly and wouldn't of travelled at that speed in that amount of traffic just incase a car decides to cause an obstruction. That said, the car driver was in the wrong to obstruct the bus lane assuming that there isn't a bus coming
andirmaalXp

Post by andirmaalXp »

haunds77 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 pm I blame the cyclist 🚴
100%
parkDictator

Post by parkDictator »

The car moved in to the path of the bus with the bus only a matter of feet away, so even if the bus was going half the speed there still would have been a substantial collision
ruel_1183

Post by ruel_1183 »

Bus lanes are there so buses can move along, unimpeded by traffic on busy stretches of road. If they travelled at the same speed as everyone else, then why would you need a bus lane?
TOURALYC

Post by TOURALYC »

Bus driver has been cleared by the police and the company
BensContends

Post by BensContends »

TOURALYC wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:51 pm Bus driver has been cleared by the police and the company
Has the bus driver been cleared by the Coach Drivers accident investigation department?
Emfox.shin

Post by Emfox.shin »

Bus driver was proven not at fault i believe, if it’s the crash i think it is anyway!
Woodyn

Post by Woodyn »

I agree he is allowed upto 40mph but i for one would be using caution although a aolid white line is present there is no physical barrier, moral ofcthe story BE AWARE better to arrive late tgan not at all
lee+rmyami

Post by lee+rmyami »

Regardless of speed like all drivers go the speed limit my ars* the car should not as gone over solid white line learning curve check your mirror totally cars fault hopefully not to much injury.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”