Hello do you have to email the traffic commissioner after you remove yourself from an operators licence to explain

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Partell.Xion

Hello do you have to email the traffic commissioner after you remove yourself from an operators licence to explain

Post by Partell.Xion »

Hello do you have to email the traffic commissioner after you remove yourself from an operators licence to explain why you removed yourself?
Bill-informer

Re: Hello do you have to email the traffic commissioner after you remove yourself from an operators licence to explain

Post by Bill-informer »

You should email them to tell them the operator licence number, your name, and the date that you ceased to act as the TM. You can tell them your reasons for leaving but your not obliged to tell them anything more than the above
Martynet

Re: Hello do you have to email the traffic commissioner after you remove yourself from an operators licence to explain

Post by Martynet »

I've done 2 fixed term contracts as ETM. Where I was there until their own guy gained their certification. Once they were added to the licence, I'd do 1 month alongside them and then take my name off. Never been asked why, nor sent any explanation.
cooeyorum

Post by cooeyorum »

You only need to tell them you left the company on a date. Don't need to tell they why only arse holes give reasons obvious you fallen out
Rawnatt

Post by Rawnatt »

cooeyorum wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm You only need to tell them you left the company on a date. Don't need to tell they why only arse holes give reasons obvious you fallen out
not entirely true. If a departing TM doesn’t provide a reason it can bring their repute into question especially if there is a reason. Nothing arsehole about it. TMs are there to be professionally competent, being an arsehole as you have described is not.
benines

Post by benines »

Removing yourself on VOLS is considered enough. You can email if you want to let them know anything about the operator, but it’s not mandatory. I never have.
alundp

Post by alundp »

benines wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 pm Removing yourself on VOLS is considered enough. You can email if you want to let them know anything about the operator, but it’s not mandatory. I never have.
I always have, and last year the TC’s Office actually sent me a letter asking to go into more detail regarding my reasons for leaving one Operator
benines

Post by benines »

alundp wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 pm
benines wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 pm Removing yourself on VOLS is considered enough. You can email if you want to let them know anything about the operator, but it’s not mandatory. I never have.
I always have, and last year the TC’s Office actually sent me a letter asking to go into more detail regarding my reasons for leaving one Operator
Interesting, I assume they were on the radar then
alundp

Post by alundp »

benines wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 pm
alundp wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 pm
Interesting, I assume they were on the radar then
no, new operator who had only been going for a year
Rawnatt

Post by Rawnatt »

If you have left due to a less than favourable reason. Non payment of your invoice, or failing to follow your instructions etc. it is your duty to inform the TC why you have left.
It isn’t always a pleasant job but the TC will look unfavourably at the departing TM if it is discovered that they have left without giving a reason that is discovered to be non compliance.
You do not need to write a long statement, just a short email or letter giving the reason and date of your departure.
If you are unable to remove yourself from VOL request confirmation from the caseworker that you have been removed.
Partell.Xion

Post by Partell.Xion »

Rawnatt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm If you have left due to a less than favourable reason. Non payment of your invoice, or failing to follow your instructions etc. it is your duty to inform the TC why you have left.
It isn’t always a pleasant job but the TC will look unfavourably at the departing TM if it is discovered that they have left without giving a reason that is discovered to be non compliance.
You do not need to write a long statement, just a short email or letter giving the reason and date of your departure.
If you are unable to remove yourself from VOL request confirmation from the caseworker that you have been removed.
left due to non payment and no communication with operator after several attempts gave him notice to pay and contact me but still no joy, he hasn’t been out in his lorry as seen it at the yard
Rawnatt

Post by Rawnatt »

Partell.Xion wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm
Rawnatt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm If you have left due to a less than favourable reason. Non payment of your invoice, or failing to follow your instructions etc. it is your duty to inform the TC why you have left.
left due to non payment and no communication with operator after several attempts gave him notice to pay and contact me but still no joy, he hasn’t been out in his lorry as seen it at the yard
have you tried to visit them personally? Just to be sure they are ok? Failure to communicate is clearly a concern but make sure there isn’t an underlying reason first. You should make effort to try and contact them.
Partell.Xion

Post by Partell.Xion »

Rawnatt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm
have you tried to visit them personally? Just to be sure they are ok? Failure to communicate is clearly a concern but make sure there isn’t an underlying reason first. You should make effort to try and contact them.
I haven’t, I spoke to his partner on many occasions and he’s ok just ignoring the word
Rawnatt

Post by Rawnatt »

Partell.Xion wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 pm

I haven’t, I spoke to his partner on many occasions and he’s ok just ignoring the word
then if you have taken steps to make contact and have had no luck. Then you are perfectly within your rights to notify the OTC.
Partell.Xion

Post by Partell.Xion »

Rawnatt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 pm

then if you have taken steps to make contact and have had no luck. Then you are perfectly within your rights to notify the OTC.
ok thank you
Rawnatt

Post by Rawnatt »

Partell.Xion wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 pm

ok thank you
for clarity. You must continue to perform the role while you are still nominated. Even if you haven’t been paid etc.
while this feels a bit strange the TC will be more favourable toward you in the event of a PI.
Partell.Xion

Post by Partell.Xion »

Rawnatt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 pm
Partell.Xion wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 pm

ok thank you
for clarity. You must continue to perform the role while you are still nominated. Even if you haven’t been paid etc.
while this feels a bit strange the TC will be more favourable toward you in the event of a PI.
thank you, I have just been made aware by his maintenance provider that he owes money and has now returned his lorry back to the company today still no response from operator
davLyfe

Post by davLyfe »

If you have access on line you can do it that way but also send TC email to cover yourself more you inform the better.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”