Just been sacked for not working my extra day (overtime) after 7yrs so looking for a job Mansfield/Notts was anybody

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
Whi1ttendo

Re: Just been sacked for not working my extra day (overtime) after 7yrs so looking for a job Mansfield/Notts was anybody

Post by Whi1ttendo »

Mollance-px wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 pm
kean-2336 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:25 pm
MasseyA1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:25 pm

it say if when needed
they might have you on that then still not good
I'd go straight to the tribunal. As and when needed doesn't mean that he must give his life up for a company. If he wasn't available for family reasons or was feeling unwell for example. No one gets to sack a person giving 7 years of their life just because he refused to go in one day, no matter what it says in the contract. Off to the tribunal with you lad.
agreed. An employee being unable to work one day overtime isn't grounds to sack someone. There's due process to consider ie the companies disciplinary procedure and even then if the contract doesn't specify precisely what overtime is required then the company has zero grounds for disciplinary action unless they can prove the employee had consistently refused to do any overtime.
adee+nced

Re: Just been sacked for not working my extra day (overtime) after 7yrs so looking for a job Mansfield/Notts was anybody

Post by adee+nced »

Don't bother with Hanson's Tyrington the twat on weigh bridge makes things up an gets u barred for week or 2 to fuc up your pay
UnderryJr

Post by UnderryJr »

They can’t sack you for that dis you receive a warning or anything before for this
potch.2337

Post by potch.2337 »

You've done your contractual hrs and if your on your weekly rest by law they should not be contacting you contact acas and save your text messages from said company for evidence good luck but shouldn't need it
Brayshi

Post by Brayshi »

Can't do that mate no your day off theve dropped a bollock there phone acas it's free
MasseyA1

Post by MasseyA1 »

neeAkron wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:40 pm I've sent you a PM mate
not got it yet
neeAkron

Post by neeAkron »

MasseyA1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:40 pm
neeAkron wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:40 pm I've sent you a PM mate
not got it yet
where were you working?
Baiinno

Post by Baiinno »

Sorry bud but I don't think you have a case if it's in your contract and you've refused to do it. If you weren't happy with those terms you should have asked for them to be removed when you started. If you've agreed to them, which you have by working and getting paid then unfortunately just chalk it down and move on. Most places will have similar wording though I expect.
MasseyA1

Post by MasseyA1 »

I I’m trying to read all messages and advice please bear with me
bonnelBox

Post by bonnelBox »

1. Contact Acas and inform them of your dispute with the employer "Early conciliation"
2. Get a Early Conciliation certificate number from Acas
3. File an ET1 with the tribunal online, YOU HAVE 3 MONTHS LESS 1 DAY TO FILE YOUR ET1......
All the best!!!
hardexerry

Post by hardexerry »

Firstly it’s illegal so unless you’ve done anything that’s classed as gross misconduct I’d suggest you get after them for unfair dismissal
MasseyA1

Post by MasseyA1 »

Because what the done I had a beer I promise I will go through the messages tomorrow and thank you all
sedbe

Post by sedbe »

MasseyA1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 pm Because what the done I had a beer I promise I will go through the messages tomorrow and thank you all
was pears on logbook?
MasseyA1

Post by MasseyA1 »

sedbe wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 pm
MasseyA1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 pm Because what the done I had a beer I promise I will go through the messages tomorrow and thank you all
was pears on logbook?
no taco
RIDDISON

Post by RIDDISON »

As they said above but work wise we are Mansfield way and my partner works for gist and they have been pretty good with him.
Howeev

Post by Howeev »

I’d give them a review on indeed so other drivers steer clear
chivy_one

Post by chivy_one »

My current boss wanted me to started working every other Saturday, I said over time isn't compulsory, he I know the f**king laws that's fine stand down on Wednesday (without paying)and work Saturday 🤬 for basic pay .....🤬
Jamentic

Post by Jamentic »

chivy_one wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:01 pm My current boss wanted me to started working every other Saturday, I said over time isn't compulsory, he I know the f**king laws that's fine stand down on Wednesday (without paying)and work Saturday 🤬 for basic pay .....🤬
have to give 12 weeks notice to a change of contact.
anding

Post by anding »

And if all else fails……have a word with the local crackheads regarding site security 😁😁😁
Mc_kaycee

Post by Mc_kaycee »

If that’s the case then what a pile of sh*te getting the “Dan Mack” there’s plenty of other sh*t jobs out there.👌🏼good luck
iidrosExpert

Post by iidrosExpert »

Go get some proper advice on the matter mate. It could be more beneficial to you in the long run than advice from all the would be amateur employment lawyers on this platform. Just a thought.
Mollance-px

Post by Mollance-px »

iidrosExpert wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 pm Go get some proper advice on the matter mate. It could be more beneficial to you in the long run than advice from all the would be amateur employment lawyers on this platform. Just a thought.
exactly
WallRiders

Post by WallRiders »

Well if the job needs doing and there not asking you to brake the law then the job needs to be done that's a driver in job not 9 till 5 sorry mate
Mccolid

Post by Mccolid »

WallRiders wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:12 pm Well if the job needs doing and there not asking you to brake the law then the job needs to be done that's a driver in job not 9 till 5 sorry mate
what planet you from😂
Highfalutin

Post by Highfalutin »

Drive,chill out mate with that many years experience you’ll be fine.yuh might have to jump around a bit but I guarantee you will find something you like & enjoy driving again.Good luck.👍
tamaxin

Post by tamaxin »

Haven't J.D.sports got a big distribution centre around Mansfield. Used to in there with yodel..
Moore1ho

Post by Moore1ho »

tamaxin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:14 pm Haven't J.D.sports got a big distribution centre around Mansfield. Used to in there with yodel..
are you thinking of Sports Direct , at Shirebrooks ?
tamaxin

Post by tamaxin »

Moore1ho wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:14 pm
tamaxin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:14 pm Haven't J.D.sports got a big distribution centre around Mansfield. Used to in there with yodel..
are you thinking of Sports Direct , at Shirebrooks ?
Yes
SmithMr

Post by SmithMr »

Look these up mate. Absolutely brilliant. Call them.. ex boss will 💩 himself
Attachments
Acas.jpg
Acas.jpg (37.47 KiB) Viewed 84 times
mike0syny

Post by mike0syny »

I'd say, as others, get the advice and support of ACAS.
In my former life (!) I was TM for a Bus Co and there wasn't a week go by that I didn't have to deal with an HR issue.
You've 7 years service, more than 2 yrs and you have more rights.
Sounds that you'd have a good case even as it's likely they've not followed correct procedures. Someone could have done something that may warrant dismissal, however, if correct procedures have not been followed there's still a case for unfair.
I'd keep this a private matter just now. Don't put yourself in a position that they may use any disparaging remarks made on social media against you.
Again, ACAS is 100% the way forward.
Good luck.
Ps. I recently turned down a job offer for a pretty decent, as it seemed, ADR tanks job. There was an expectation to do " your fair share of overtime" How ambiguous is that?
Deepophidz

Post by Deepophidz »

Acas all the way with that.. overtime is optional
llandoMarq

Post by llandoMarq »

Let him fire you then take the company to court unfair dismissal win hands down if what your saying is true.
seanrium

Post by seanrium »

Wat a boss. Name an shame him no such thing as a bad job. Just bad management
johnnoy

Post by johnnoy »

Citizens advice Soon as possible. You’re not working so it’s free! Good luck hope you get a start soon
skaterca

Post by skaterca »

7 years. Thats a big payment you are going to get.
NigNimbus

Post by NigNimbus »

skaterca wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:21 pm 7 years. Thats a big payment you are going to get.
sacked no payment
Whi1ttendo

Post by Whi1ttendo »

It'll take up to two years to go through the tribunal process. That involves solicitors fees. But get onto ACAS, they can advise you whether to take up a case against the company. If yes then go for it, you'll eventually get compensation including costs and more importantly - teach the tossers a valuable lesson..
RussFerdy

Post by RussFerdy »

Explore are looking for drivers
rhobert-874

Post by rhobert-874 »

You in union should b take the fuckers to court you cannot b sackex for refusing overtime
Jefferts

Post by Jefferts »

Well done...till we all start saying no the mad hours and low wages will continue... They done you a favour 48 hours is the normal now ....there lots of jobs for experience drivers ....
Yatesis

Post by Yatesis »

Linage we're advertising at Bilsthorpe m - f nights
Jamentic

Post by Jamentic »

Has anyone else been sacked or pressured to leave recently? Just asking because I have seen a place in the past use any excuse to sack people, then replace them on lower wages. Or planning on shutting the company, and don't want as big redundancy bill?
Jamentic

Post by Jamentic »

On the skips my contract was every other Saturday morning, and if you needed it of, then it was upto us to get another driver to cover. But "a reasonable amount" or "when needed" is a bit vague. And I'm sure there have been some court cases over it.
Baileyor

Post by Baileyor »

Seek legal advice don't post disrespectful posts against your previous employer they could use this against you at a later date 👍
malcolex

Post by malcolex »

When one door closes another one opens good luck pal
turday

Post by turday »

You need to appeal that immediately. You have rights! You only need to 'feel tired' to make an employer question whether to send you out on the road is the safest thing to do. Once you tell them you're tired its on them!! Surely your union has had something to say?? If you're not in a union speak to ACAS or an employment solicitor... be 100% upfront with them.
Jefen2328

Post by Jefen2328 »

That's transport I'm afraid. been like this since I can remember driving is not like a proper job if you upset the boss your out ,,,, maybe mate he'll calm down and bell ya and apologise especially when he realises that your a good worker.fingers crossed 🤞
Dewifenn

Post by Dewifenn »

If there is no more to this story and you had exceeded your contract hrs, then lodge a complaint with ACAS.
Should pull down some tidy money, say around £10k or more if I remember correctly.
yvvon

Post by yvvon »

Disciplinary? Was it classed as gross misconduct? I'd speak to ACAS.
kevin_evan

Post by kevin_evan »

You can not be sacked for not doing overtime
It's optional not compulsory
andreewt

Post by andreewt »

So like most people who are saying without looking at the contract it's unclear. However you will still have a case if you have not had a disciplinary procedure carried out regardless of what your Contract Says.
In accordance with Acas Code of Practice or Employment Law the following procedure should have taken place.
1 You sre invited to an Investigation as to why you were unavailable for your shift. There may have been reasons why you could not attend.
At the Investigation it should be explained to you that you could be facing a Disciplinary Hearing.
2. If you are invited to a Disciplinary you have the right to be Accompanied by a work Colleague or Shop Steward. A meeting is set up and a disciplinary takes place. At this meeting you should be told that you may be Dismissed due to Time Keeping quite frankly after your record it's a pretty piss poor excuse. May also be a Breech of Contract.
You also have the right to appeal and this should be done with a different Manager.
Failure to do this and carry out this procedure regardless of what your contract says is classed as Unfair Dismissal which is worth anything from £8000 yo £15000 if they have treated you like this it's worth taking the whole way.
If you are in a Union call them. If not Join the Union and explain what's gone on you get free Solicitors which will fight your case.
Either way it's worth contacting Citizens Advice or better still contact Acas they will give you the best advise and tell you how to proceed.
Hope this helps you get in touch if you need any more help.
Good luck fella.

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”