To anyone on the Isle of Wight at the moment. Alum Bay is currently inaccessible to coaches due to the Broadway in

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Nee_Anarchy

To anyone on the Isle of Wight at the moment. Alum Bay is currently inaccessible to coaches due to the Broadway in

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

To anyone on the Isle of Wight at the moment. Alum Bay is currently inaccessible to coaches due to the Broadway in Totland being closed for resurfacing. Apparently it's going to be closed until at least Tuesday of next week.
h0westion

Re: To anyone on the Isle of Wight at the moment. Alum Bay is currently inaccessible to coaches due to the Broadway in

Post by h0westion »

You can go in and out via the thatched church
Nee_Anarchy

Re: To anyone on the Isle of Wight at the moment. Alum Bay is currently inaccessible to coaches due to the Broadway in

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

h0westion wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:33 pm You can go in and out via the thatched church
you can get to Album Bay that way but you can't return through there
h0westion

Post by h0westion »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:33 pm
h0westion wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:33 pm You can go in and out via the thatched church
there has been a thing put in place so you can return that way too just gotta hope nothing coming through was there yesterday that’s what the open top driver told us to do and staff at needles too
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

h0westion wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:34 pm
there has been a thing put in place so you can return that way too just gotta hope nothing coming through was there yesterday that’s what the open top driver told us to do and staff at needles too
not worth the risk mate because if there's another coach coming the other way, your both stuffed. I took mine to Yarmouth instead.
sterebann.182

Post by sterebann.182 »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:34 pm

not worth the risk mate because if there's another coach coming the other way, your both stuffed. I took mine to Yarmouth instead.
going that way in little while no choice Yarmouth next
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

sterebann.182 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:35 pm

seriously not worth it mate. The big problem is coming back. Normally Alum Bay Old Road is one way for coaches as it's almost impossible for 2 to pass in opposite directions. I was meant to be there yesterday but went straight to Yarmouth instead.
sterebann.182

Post by sterebann.182 »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:35 pm

seriously not worth it mate. The big problem is coming back. Normally Alum Bay Old Road is one way for coaches as it's almost impossible for 2 to pass in opposite directions. I was meant to be there yesterday but went straight to Yarmouth instead.
done it no problems luckily
ParPauhell

Post by ParPauhell »

sterebann.182 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 pm

thank god you got through mate. Nee is a legend in his own lunchtime but even he wouldn’t have attempted such an epic journey
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

ParPauhell wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 pm

thank god you got through mate. Nee is a legend in his own lunchtime but even he wouldn’t have attempted such an epic journey
damn straight. Not worth the risk. Any professional driver who knows the area knows that
ParPauhell

Post by ParPauhell »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:37 pm
ParPauhell wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 pm

damn straight. Not worth the risk. Any professional driver who knows the area knows that
if we all worried about what might happen we’d never leave the yard!
Gracently

Post by Gracently »

Bibbys are there now. But not sure which way Aled went.
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

Gracently wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:38 pm Bibbys are there now. But not sure which way Aled went.
probably via Alum Bay old road but you can't return that way.
Phil_Time

Post by Phil_Time »

Adrian Waine this is what am telling you
philip-tactic

Post by philip-tactic »

And there is a strictly no coach sign for returning to freshwater.
ANDERVIDE

Post by ANDERVIDE »

Yeah we were told you can get there but you can't come backthat road, so just doing a scenic drive then onto Yarmouth then Godshill
ParPauhell

Post by ParPauhell »

Utter tosh! Just use the old road carefully plenty of places to pass.
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

ParPauhell wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 pm Utter tosh! Just use the old road carefully plenty of places to pass.
Really? When was the last time you went through there in a coach? Imagine the high probability of 2 coaches meeting each other with Alum Bay Old Road being the only route available? Not worth the risk in my opinion.
ParPauhell

Post by ParPauhell »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 pm
ParPauhell wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 pm Utter tosh! Just use the old road carefully plenty of places to pass.
Really? When was the last time you went through there in a coach? Imagine the high probability of 2 coaches meeting each other with Alum Bay Old Road being the only route available? Not worth the risk in my opinion.
I was an islander for twenty odd years and drove cars, buses, trucks, coaches and caravans down there. You really need to get out more and see some real difficult roads. You make the Isle of Wight sound so difficult when it’s so easy. Laughable
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

ParPauhell wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:42 pm
I was an islander for twenty odd years and drove cars, buses, trucks, coaches and caravans down there. You really need to get out more and see some real difficult roads. You make the Isle of Wight sound so difficult when it’s so easy. Laughable
so you will know it's one way for coaches then and the reason why? You reckon it's worth the risk driving the wrong way along Alum Bay Old Road?
ParPauhell

Post by ParPauhell »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:42 pm

so you will know it's one way for coaches then and the reason why? You reckon it's worth the risk driving the wrong way along Alum Bay Old Road?
and you can only drive round clockwise? 😂
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

that's just old advice by the council as per what was printed in a coach driver's booklet that they gave out at the Tourist Information Centres.
ParPauhell

Post by ParPauhell »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 pm

that's just old advice by the council as per what was printed in a coach driver's booklet that they gave out at the Tourist Information Centres.
ah yes I vaguely remember something about that from Albert Robinson at seaview services.
Such fond memories of him and his company. Do you have any fond memories of seaview services?
Nee_Anarchy

Post by Nee_Anarchy »

ParPauhell wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 pm

ah yes I vaguely remember something about that from Albert Robinson at seaview services.
Such fond memories of him and his company. Do you have any fond memories of seaview services?
not sure how that's relevant to the 'debate' about Alum Bay?
ParPauhell

Post by ParPauhell »

Nee_Anarchy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 pm
ParPauhell wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 pm

not sure how that's relevant to the 'debate' about Alum Bay?
so you have no fond memories or just memories?

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”