Can I legally drive back with this trailer like this? when empty I drover with out loaded as it is but Ive been told

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
denden.2357

Re: Can I legally drive back with this trailer like this? when empty I drover with out loaded as it is but Ive been told

Post by denden.2357 »

Yes you can same as the curtains on a steel trailer
Albey.corry

Re: Can I legally drive back with this trailer like this? when empty I drover with out loaded as it is but Ive been told

Post by Albey.corry »

I do it when the load is to tall or to wide
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (58.48 KiB) Viewed 127 times
younip

Post by younip »

Just remember when we all passed are test and was just thrown the Keys to the Truck. Before we ridicule a driver, always remember we never stop learning, but more importantly remember this, our children wives, partners and grandchildren are on the roads, and if a driver makes a mistake through loading driving or just inexperience then surely helping others should be the top of our priority.
Only a thought 😊
RobieVons

Post by RobieVons »

younip wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:51 pm Just remember when we all passed are test and was just thrown the Keys to the Truck. Before we ridicule a driver, always remember we never stop learning, but more importantly remember this, our children wives, partners and grandchildren are on the roads, and if a driver makes a mistake through loading driving or just inexperience then surely helping others should be the top of our priority.
Only a thought 😊
exactly why i asked i wasn't born knowing everything unfortunately and im humble with that i just wanted to make sure i was ok to as its my licence im risking if not and i just didn't know for sure so if im not 100% im gunna seek advice thought the more experienced lads on the forum will know n i get a lot of good advice but then the odd tiny d**ked big ego lads that are the gods of the road and know every single possible way of doing something and think anyone who doesn't know is just an idiot that should hang up his keys
younip

Post by younip »

RobieVons wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 pm
younip wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:51 pm Just remember when we all passed are test and was just thrown the Keys to the Truck. Before we ridicule a driver, always remember we never stop learning, but more importantly remember this, our children wives, partners and grandchildren are on the roads, and if a driver makes a mistake through loading driving or just inexperience then surely helping others should be the top of our priority.
Only a thought 😊
exactly why i asked i wasn't born knowing everything unfortunately and im humble with that i just wanted to make sure i was ok to as its my licence im risking if not and i just didn't know for sure so if im not 100% im gunna seek advice thought the more experienced lads on the forum will know n i get a lot of good advice but then the odd tiny d**ked big ego lads that are the gods of the road and know every single possible way of doing something and think anyone who doesn't know is just an idiot that should hang up his keys
There are some really great drivers on this forum that really know their stuff. So don’t worry about others. You’re a great driver just by asking the questions.
I wish more drivers would ask questions, and get the right answers, rather than assuming.
I’ve driven for 39 years and still learn new stuff every day, this helps all of us to improve our skills.
No one is perfect (my wife may disagree) but that is another conversation 😊
owellOwner

Post by owellOwner »

Good question, as we all know the rules change every week! The I've been doing it for 20 years gang occasionally find out the rules have changed due to f**k ups. Then moan about £1000 fines. On that note, can't legally see a problem as long as its secured. Strap everything, not a problem.
Butleen.pro

Post by Butleen.pro »

Only allowed to drive with it open on a Friday
NeNothing

Post by NeNothing »

Nowt wrong with that, just strap it and crack on.
SebesCent

Post by SebesCent »

Push it!😎💨
Attachments
Trucker.jpg
Trucker.jpg (200.49 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Pettek1248

Post by Pettek1248 »

Alot of the answers to the question highlight exactly what is wrong with our industry.....people that were born with a completely and concise knowledge of everything in the world! 🙄
bavi7shop

Post by bavi7shop »

younip wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:53 pm
RobieVons wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 pm
Only a thought 😊
There are some really great drivers on this forum that really know their stuff. So don’t worry about others. You’re a great driver just by asking the questions.
I wish more drivers would ask questions, and get the right answers, rather than assuming.
I’ve driven for 39 years and still learn new stuff every day, this helps all of us to improve our skills.
No one is perfect (my wife may disagree) but that is another conversation 😊
Well said
beard4cted

Post by beard4cted »

I don't see a problem myself, as long as your curtains are secure and the load is secure I'm sure you'll be fine, just keep your eye on things. And as for the rest of the knobs out there that have done it all yet done feck all,you need to hang your heads in shame, the lad was genuinely asking for advice and good on him,just a pity there are not more like him!!.
Good luck son,now and for the future.
Clarkom

Post by Clarkom »

If your stopped just looked surprised and say there was a 12’ wide steel plate on there when I left!!!!
MMorbeyet

Post by MMorbeyet »

Yes not a problem. Just make sure it's strapped. Easy and sensible answer .
Iaintexx-Ten

Post by Iaintexx-Ten »

Saw one on the M6 only this last week just like that
gateski

Post by gateski »

Done it loads of times with cabins on the back.
Mitchein

Post by Mitchein »

I’d say so. Can’t see why not
ryanman

Post by ryanman »

If it is Friday I.e. do what you like day 🤷‍♂️🤣 full send
MaChee

Post by MaChee »

Drop trailers bugger off there problem..
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

What I want to know why is Dyslexia?
RobieVons

Post by RobieVons »

TimGoofy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:20 pm What I want to know why is Dyslexia?
for auto suggest
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

RobieVons wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 pm
for auto suggest
I struggled when I was kid, everyone thought I was just thick, no one gave me a label, but I since worked out why, I struggled at school, you crack on and tell the t**ts to do one,
Jayo_matts

Post by Jayo_matts »

TimGoofy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 pm
for auto suggest
I struggled when I was kid, everyone thought I was just thick, no one gave me a label, but I since worked out why, I struggled at school, you crack on and tell the t**ts to do one,
because the English language is a cruel bitch. Like the word for the phobia of long words is disgustingly long. Imagine that conversation on a diagnosis. 🙄
whit6edium

Post by whit6edium »

TimGoofy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 pm
for auto suggest
and to say it too 🤣
tayron1419

Post by tayron1419 »

I would say,Two ratchet straps ,One as high as ya can,One about 3 ft from the bottom,Not going anywhere that.👍
russe+Darth

Post by russe+Darth »

Done it many a time with curtain sider when empty in high winds.👍
Banicsco

Post by Banicsco »

We use these all the time, so long as you can see behind you, which to me it seems you would be able to, it is perfectly safe to drive with the canopy secured forward.
yomuch

Post by yomuch »

ffs , why are drivers so sensitive these days ?? No wonder the industry is f**ked ! Full of cry babies who dont like having the piss taken out of them !! Its banter ya big jessie , i have a manky arm and get piss taken out of me , i love it , its not nasty its banter !
gilleyStann

Post by gilleyStann »

Perfectly legel Mate, I drove empty back with folded curtains
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (173.8 KiB) Viewed 84 times
WilRead

Post by WilRead »

Couldn’t answer your question directly, but I know we can’t drive with curtains tied back as it voids our insurance apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️
ThoddieRay

Post by ThoddieRay »

I had one of these bodies for years. No issue with running with it like that apart from the strap around it needs to be the same height as the hooks as the bulkhead.
HUNTELLA

Post by HUNTELLA »

Surely it's designed to travel folded up if it's empty, making it more economical to transport cuz you won't have wind and the elements batting against it making it a hard drag like if it was full stretch. ???
Farnage

Post by Farnage »

If you need to ask that you shouldn't be driving 🤣
RobieVons

Post by RobieVons »

Farnage wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:38 pm If you need to ask that you shouldn't be driving 🤣
why coz i wasnt born knowing everything sorry god ill try to repent and give up my job immediately and not pay my mortgage or support my 4 childeren all because im pulling a new type of trailer and was trying to just get educated
McCoyee

Post by McCoyee »

Farnage wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:38 pm If you need to ask that you shouldn't be driving 🤣
super trucker born knowing everything were you? Came out of the womb with your license and everything 🙄🤣
tephen

Post by tephen »

if truckers actually stood together instead of being bell ends we'd all be in a better position .
You're toxic crap is what's wrong in this industry.
hob.savye

Post by hob.savye »

so we have another c**k that knows it all he is asking for advise if you can't give a sensible answer shut the f**k up
PpaulAce

Post by PpaulAce »

aren't u gr8..u know it all. Well done u.👏👏
broside

Post by broside »

bet you.know everything don't you.
may0sTruck

Post by may0sTruck »

You’re fine,I’d be more worried about checking your auto correct on words mate,took me half hour to work out what you originally asked lol 😂
jurain

Post by jurain »

Don’t be alone. I can’t say I’ve seen one like this. What is it anyway
tobygger

Post by tobygger »

That body system is specifically designed to travel in the ‘folded’ position, whoever told you it’s illegal really knows nothing
Jokhshum03

Post by Jokhshum03 »

I guess its OK as no cant rail & back doors but looking at it i think i would want a cross strap on the top corners to stop wind catching those top corners & causing damage ,Not seen orr used such a trailer so not sure .-
paulee+uns

Post by paulee+uns »

Yes you can put 2 straps over the headboard one top one bottom. If you have well boards make sure there securely in place and run a strap the length of the board to stop them bouncing out if you haven't got well boards just get on with it
bobwiz

Post by bobwiz »

How wide is it when you’ve opened like that
If over 9’6” then no unless you have a movement order if under then as long as you can see whatever is behind you in your mirror then I would say crack on
Yeo-Babixz

Post by Yeo-Babixz »

Ni yuo can't,drove with ot upen mite !!
Yeo-Babixz

Post by Yeo-Babixz »

How come all people that can't spell pull the dixkexia card ? 😀
Clarkom

Post by Clarkom »

Yeo-Babixz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 pm How come all people that can't spell pull the dixkexia card ? 😀
and did you ever notice they can spell big words like dyslexia ok? I’ve noticed there’s hardly any mistakes in all the other posts so I’m calling BS
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

Simple answer yes as long as folds don’t put you over 9:6 wide !!! Simple as!!! 👍👍👍
Phillman

Post by Phillman »

Every days a school day, I’ve been driving for 42 years ( yes I am tired) and I don’t know the answer. Maybe not illegal more to do with structural integrity but that’s a gesss
CoJournal

Post by CoJournal »

As long as you secure it properly and not like a Johnny flip flop it's legal.
I got told once if go with bate expect a catch
Dumitza

Post by Dumitza »

On Europe you can see drivers how do that nothing illegal as long it’s secure, it’s a massive help on wind times, will ask a friend which it’s working on VOSA will have a better answer
Mcheal_Ordea

Post by Mcheal_Ordea »

I hope your driving skills are better than your spelling skills mate..
Cover6ckly

Post by Cover6ckly »

I would find out the reload and work from that, as you may have to close it for your next job
nigear

Post by nigear »

My thoughts on it if no proper secure system then back as it was when you picked it up….or is there any stickers on the trailer saying how to use it ..
Ton5yrgam

Post by Ton5yrgam »

Strap it so it’s safe and visible crossed so seen from the back, I drove ont to Italy with two containers on and back with a wide load on through to Bremen police happy.
grachri50

Post by grachri50 »

I had it explained to me. If it is not over: over the normal height of the motor. Not over the length of the motor. Not over the width of the motor. You can carry it. As long as it is tied, strapped or chained securely.
iannter400

Post by iannter400 »

Strapped it well , you can see through ya mirrors.
Should be good to go.
MoorJEDger

Post by MoorJEDger »

No question is a stupid question, but those who take it as gospel, because Jim, John, Albert, Jayne or anyone else said is what makes it dangerous.
Some people believe what they think they know without really knowing.
It’s so apparent in our Industry, we want to be recognized as professionals then we must ask those who know and embrace the Drivers CPC even Management CPC for some.
This industry is constantly evolving, the goal posts moving.
Good on you for asking. 👍
anwes1761

Post by anwes1761 »

I think the reason some of the answers are so belittling is because the stupid sods have no idea what the answer is, so instead of ignoring a perfectly sensible question by a very sensible driver they are rude and try to act like they know. Truth to tell the only ones with stupid or insulting answers are knobheads who haven’t got the balls to hold their hands up and say I don’t know
RobieVons

Post by RobieVons »

anwes1761 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm I think the reason some of the answers are so belittling is because the stupid sods have no idea what the answer is, so instead of ignoring a perfectly sensible question by a very sensible driver they are rude and try to act like they know. Truth to tell the only ones with stupid or insulting answers are knobheads who haven’t got the balls to hold their hands up and say I don’t know
i completely agree
andy.horja

Post by andy.horja »

You are always learning from day one to the very last day of your career, and never never be afraid to ask for advice. Just retired after 30 years and I was still learning,don’t ridicule other drivers we should be there to help them, if we work together it makes the job easier. Stay safe out there guys./ And I still miss it \
Elliej9sh

Post by Elliej9sh »

Yes legal. Everyday is a learning day.
Goody-Jins

Post by Goody-Jins »

I was in Portsmouth waiting for a trailer… two French drivers came in with trailer like yours and there sheets were pushed to the front like yours they were shipping back empty… I was quite impressed how it all folded up and can b used as a flat bed !!!!
EmEm1308

Post by EmEm1308 »

As long as you sweep the bed and strap the sides securely to the head board it is perfectly legal, the most important thing is have a clean bed as if anything flys of you could be in trouble. Every new driver should be given help not ridiculed remember we were all in the same boat to start with. Good luck
EldElegy

Post by EldElegy »

Load of bollx of corse you can

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”