Now THAT is taking the piss!! Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) they must of

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Barryth

Re: Now THAT is taking the piss!! Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) they must of

Post by Barryth »

Ilimanter wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:46 pm
Barryth wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 pm
Ilimanter wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:44 pm We should all call that nr between 23:00 & 06:00, every 10 minutes and ask if the position is still available
why are you letting that worry you ili, you earn good money for getting out of bed and turning up for work, not everyone is able to pay wages like gist, it's not easy being a small operator today, it never has been but I think it's harder now. That offer of pay may not suit you but it might suit someone else. K. Sorry mate but it really pisses me off when someone slates the pay being offered if it ain't for you scroll on by simple.
and it pisses me off when someone is taking the mick offering minimum wage for a job that requires skills and professionalism.
And this doesn't doesn't worry me at all Bazza, but I get you what you mean, same with what government do and as you say it doesn't bother us so we "scroll on" and let them do what they want 😉
I think we should not scroll on if we see something that's not right, we should stand together and fight for better in life
Ps. They aren't taking the Mick, a lot of companies will re-negotiate the rate according to experience, all depends on how much they want you.
Ilimanter

Re: Now THAT is taking the piss!! Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) they must of

Post by Ilimanter »

Barryth wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 pm
Barryth wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 pm

why are you letting that worry you ili, you earn good money for getting out of bed and turning up for work, not everyone is able to pay wages like gist, it's not easy being a small operator today, it never has been but I think it's harder now. That offer of pay may not suit you but it might suit someone else. K. Sorry mate but it really pisses me off when someone slates the pay being offered if it ain't for you scroll on by simple.
and it pisses me off when someone is taking the mick offering minimum wage for a job that requires skills and professionalism.
And this doesn't doesn't worry me at all Bazza, but I get you what you mean, same with what government do and as you say it doesn't bother us so we "scroll on" and let them do what they want 😉
I think we should not scroll on if we see something that's not right, we should stand together and fight for better in life
Ps. They aren't taking the Mick, a lot of companies will re-negotiate the rate according to experience, all depends on how much they want you.
will agree to disagree uncle
Barryth

Post by Barryth »

Ilimanter wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 pm
Barryth wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 pm

will agree to disagree uncle
that's what democracy is all a about😉
LoweCommunique

Post by LoweCommunique »

The problem is that someone who is desperate for work will take a job like this. Companies that pay these wages know they’ll fill the positions so have no incentive to pay better rates.
fost7upbo

Post by fost7upbo »

This isn't an easy or semi skilled job, it's a highly skilled job that most people couldn't do if they wanted to, it costs thousands to get your licence, poor treatment but huge commitment, poor diet and exercise shorten your life, most women bugger off with the kids because they're always having to do everything because you're away, if you have a no fault crash you'll be arrested, cheapest boots and PPE the firm can find, extortionate motorway prices, all this for 10.50! And if you're really good, you get to train one day a year voluntarily, who else does that!!!!
Vinic2361

Post by Vinic2361 »

This is what’s left in the pot to pay a professional driver after all the health and safety hours regulations red tape Vosa waiting to fine you at any opportunity three fifteen hour days two short thirteen hour days no parking diesel and load getting nicked so what happens all the hauliers undercut each other run their businesses on a shoestring to get the work then work out how cheap they can get driver’s I’m not saying all but it’s to many hauliers should stick together with realistic rates and no company get a lorry on their site unless they pay a proper rate stop letting your customers that don’t know your costs tell you what they are going to pay you.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”