Everything in one place for those who want to start and set up an HGV or PSV transport company (haulage or passenger)

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Admin
Site Admin
First name: Dmitry
Surname: Nade
Company: TransportForum.com
Phone: +447833684449
WhatsApp: +447833684449
E: [email protected]
A: If you need a transport manager or an operator's licence anywhere in the UK, contact me 7 days a week

Everything in one place for those who want to start and set up an HGV or PSV transport company (haulage or passenger)

Post by Admin »

Complete guide to applying for an operator's licence
transportforum.com/guide-olicence

You can follow the instructions in the guide above and do it yourself (and I can still provide free guidance and assistance) or I can complete your entire O-licence application for £400. Call 07833 684449 Dmitry Nade, 7 days a week or email [email protected]. The total cost of obtaining an operator's licence is about £1,000 plus the monthly cost for a transport manager (see below).
Look at my (Admin's) posts in this forum. Most questions that I get asked repeatedly are answered in my posts. These can be considered FAQ's about getting and keeping an operator's licence for operators as well as transport managers.
search.php?author_id=2&sr=posts

Transport manager rates (external)
viewtopic.php?t=2937

Inspiration and a success story for those who are now just starting out in the transport industry
viewtopic.php?t=155

Article: I bought myself a lorry and five years later I'm running a fleet of HGV's for Amazon
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... s-23141719

Should I set up an owner-driver or start a transport company? How much can I earn? Is that a good or bad business? Is this a good time to start?viewtopic.php?t=4527

FAQ's about applying for an Operator's Licence (HGV and PSV) and setting up as owner-driver - Frequently Asked Questions
viewtopic.php?t=187

Interim operator licenses. What is it and how do I apply for one?
viewtopic.php?t=702

Vehicle Operator Licensing application processing times (HGV and PSV, with and without public inquiries)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sing-times

Container haulage work to get started once you have your O-licence
transportforum.com/container-haulage-work

Other places to get haulage work
transportforum.com/haulage-work

Where and how to buy vehicles (trucks, tractor units, trailers, lorries), especially your first one
viewtopic.php?t=156

HGV and PSV vehicle insurance
hirett.com/insurance

Videos of operator's licenses (full and interim) received in less than a month
viewtopic.php?t=96

Reviews of our company Hirett on Google by previous customers
bit.ly/hirett-reviews

How to change your existing operator's licence: number of vehicles, operating centres, transport managers etc.
viewtopic.php?t=313

Links, guides, templates for operators and transport managers - Once you get your O-Licence use these links
viewtopic.php?t=10

Join our Facebook groups for networking and to read our daily discussions about very useful transport topics. You can also ask any transport questions there and get immediate answers.

1) Transport Managers CPC UK (currently 14,000 members)
facebook.com/groups/cpc.tm

2) Owner Operators & Truck Drivers UK (currently 11,000 members)
facebook.com/groups/oo.drivers.uk

If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK or Accounting and Bookkeeping services, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week 8am-11pm on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Join our Facebook and WhatsApp groups with over 37,000 members at this link: https://bit.ly/3vOxQke
Anicod

Re: Everything in one place for those who want to start and set up an HGV or PSV transport company (haulage or passenger

Post by Anicod »

This guide is fantastic. It's really helped, however I seem to have hit a bit of a vicious circle. I can't find a service provider because the ones I ask require a registration number of the vehicle they're going to be inspecting. I can't provide this because I haven't sent off my application and got it granted yet .. again because I need a service agent to be able to submit my application. I can't buy a vehicle because my application may not get granted so I'm really struggling on getting out of this dilemma.... Do you have any advice on this please so I can continue my progression? Ironically I thought finding an operating centre would have been the biggest challenge, I managed that in the first few days! Who knew :D
Admin
Site Admin
First name: Dmitry
Surname: Nade
Company: TransportForum.com
Phone: +447833684449
WhatsApp: +447833684449
E: [email protected]
A: If you need a transport manager or an operator's licence anywhere in the UK, contact me 7 days a week

Re: Everything in one place for those who want to start and set up an HGV or PSV transport company (haulage or passenger

Post by Admin »

Most garages who know how the system works will not ask you for the registration number of your vehicle when you approach them to sign a maintenance contract in order to apply for an operator's licence. Most of those who apply for an operator's licence do not have a vehicle yet at that stage and it doesn't make sense to buy one that early. Additionally, even companies that already have an operator's licence often hire and change vehicles. So either try explain it to them or find another maintenance company.

If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK or Accounting and Bookkeeping services, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week 8am-11pm on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Join our Facebook and WhatsApp groups with over 37,000 members at this link: https://bit.ly/3vOxQke

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”